Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: we must unite as Americans.

Message 51 of 76

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Not certain it would work, but I am certain allowing nazis, KKK and White Supremacists like those anchoring Fox programs to lie without any restrictions is destroying America.

Now newspeople you disagree with are nazis, Kluxers, and White Supremacists. 

Further and further out there on the radical fringe.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 76

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

After each election, there is a call to put the election behind us, and unite as one. trump said it, but it must have been a line in his prewritten script, for he is a monumental divider.

Put the election behind?  This fool continues to live in the past and leads his ridiculous base there as well, as he bemoans Mrs. Clinton and just how terrible those in law enforcement are because they KNOW he is the criminal rather than she and are working toward proving it to all.

Further, he has divided people,  not only politically, but by gender, race, and religion.  

There will be no unity until trump has been removed—no longer able to disgrace this country or drive further division between her people.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Had Hillary graciously retired from the scene after her defeat she probably would have been let be. However, she actively joined the "Resistance". 

As to the "removal" of President Trump - there will be another Presidential election in 2022. Patience - smell the coffee - enjoy the sunshine - smile.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 76

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@xrepub wrote:

I saw this post which I considered to be foolish: 

Once the elections are over, we must unite as Americans.

Does the poster think that before the elections are over we should not unite as Americans?

What does the poster thinks the phrase  "unite as Americans means"?

It is a mystery to me.

Making "I am an American" more important than "I am a Republican" or "I am a Democrat" - and certainly more important than "missing the ex-President" or concerns about who the President's wife wakes up with each day might be a good start.

wrong.

Would you care to expand on your theory?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 76

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

NH—How very odd is it that CNN always has commentators from the conservative and/or right wing party on to give their opinions and thoughts. Sounds pretty darn fair and balanced to me.  but then again, I’m sure that those who say that MSNBC and CNN are not fair and balanced have never really watched it. 

Could be true of CNN or FOX!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 76

NH—How very odd is it that CNN always has commentators from the conservative and/or right wing party on to give their opinions and thoughts. Sounds pretty darn fair and balanced to me.  but then again, I’m sure that those who say that MSNBC and CNN are not fair and balanced have never really watched it. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 76

@Richva wrote:

If we are going to come together, we have to concentrate on goals and then look to see how we can best achieve them. 

I will go first. I want every resident of the United States to have affordable healthcare to be in the top five developed nations using metrics of  life expectancies, infant mortality, and costs. 

Can we come together on that as a goal? 

I'll agree on the goal but not necessarily on the implementation. Great GOAL!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 76

@Richva—I would agree that this would be a tremendous start. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 76

If we are going to come together, we have to concentrate on goals and then look to see how we can best achieve them. 

I will go first. I want every resident of the United States to have affordable healthcare to be in the top five developed nations using metrics of  life expectancies, infant mortality, and costs. 

Can we come together on that as a goal? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 76

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Republicans have used this to destroy Democracy with their Propaganda ministry led by Fox and supported by Hate Radio.

Funny how that works.  If you ask any Conservative, they would tell you the same story about CNN and MSNBC - hate TV (not at all "fair and balanced").

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 76

@Richva wrote:

I think we are beyond hope of uniting if we can't even agree to accept science. 

The vast majoity of Americans CAN accept Science, and most of the rest would if we restored the Fairness Doctrine and stopped confusing "Free Speech" with "A License to Lie."

We The People OWN the electromagnetic spectrum. We only "rent" it to Corporations in order for them to use it for the betterment of the United States. Republicans have used this to destroy Democracy with their Propaganda ministry led by Fox and supported by Hate Radio. The coursts have supported Fox's "right to lie and call it news" BECAUSE there's no law saying lying on the EMS is illegal, even if you say its news.

If we re-instated the Fariness Doctrine which simply said if you say something derogatory about a person on your broadcast media, you must allow the person equal time to rebut your statements. That would reduce Fox's time to lie by 50% and PERHAPS they'd realize it wasn't getting them any new converts, only constantly enraging the old ones, and that was not a viable business model for a profit making operation.

Not certain it would work, but I am certain allowing nazis, KKK and White Supremacists like those anchoring Fox programs to lie without any restrictions is destroying America.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

Top Authors