Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

water is wet

Message 1 of 3

Gruffstuff, it depends upon one's perspective. If you live in the real world and read the news, the statement from Jemele Hill makes a ton of sense. 

But if one lives in Trump World, an alternate reality where truth and documentation don't exist, you would have a very different take on her comments.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: water is wet

Message 2 of 3

(And, I don't see how this is news worthy.) <-(And, I don't see how this is news worthy.)<-(And, I don't see how this is news worthy.)<-(And, I don't see how this is news worthy.)<-(And, I don't see how this is news worthy.)<-(And, I don't see how this is news worthy.)<-(And, I don't see how this is news worthy.) ... 

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

water is wet

Message 3 of 3

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/423067-jemele-hill-says-calling-trump-a-white-supremacist-is-like...

Jemele Hill says calling Trump a white supremacist is like 'saying water is wet’

Former ESPN host Jemele Hill said in an interview that she never realized a tweet last year in which she called President Trump a “white supremacist” was newsworthy.

“I thought I was saying water is wet,” Hill said in reference to the tweet during a recent appearance on a podcast from ESPN’s new Le Batard and Friends Podcast Network.  

“I didn’t even think it was controversial,” she continued.

“I was in the middle of a Twitter conversation, I was replying to somebody. If I was really trying to make a bold statement, I would have added the **bleep** president. I didn’t, I was just talking casually with somebody,” Hill continued.

“It wasn’t even original. That’s what is so crazy. I got famous for saying something that wasn’t original. It wasn’t new. It was not breaking news. I thought we all decided this after Charlottesville,” Hill added. 

Hill went on to say that she also didn’t feel bad for referring to Trump as a white supremacist despite the White House's calls for her firing at the time because she didn’t feel the comment was untruthful.

“I would have felt worse if I felt I took a shot at somebody who didn’t deserve it,” Hill said. “If I felt it was a mistake… I probably would have felt bad about it, but I never did.” 

Hill exited as co-host of ESPN's "SportsCenter" nearly a year after she wrote the tweet under discussion.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors