Views

Re: unequivocally

Message 41 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Oh brother - not more questions !!!

I and many, many of your countrymen identify with Conservatism. af associated us with the Klan. Do you not think we are entitled to ask why?

Now, I understand that to some, thinking with any depth is difficult and questions just upset them. I would not direct a question to such a person, but af did make the extremely insulting claim - so that is who the question was directed at. You can relax.

just an observation...ive never heard of a liberal clansman. To be sure some were reformed, but it seems the Nazis and kkk in the news all claim to adhere to conservative principles. 

Actually, I do not know any know any Nazis nor Kluxers much less their politics. However, when you consider the differing ideologies, there is more chance of them being on the left.

As to KKK - while they espouse their desire to help minorities, that desire is based on their racism which sees minorities as somehow "lesser" individuals in need of help and protection.

As to the Nazis - their desire for a strong central government controlling more and more aspects of our lives is certainly more Nazi-like than Conservative.

If you had been paying attention you would be aware that there are more Conservatives demanding more central government control over more and more aspects of our lives than there are liberals.

This harkens back to pre-Civil War when the slave states were trying to get the central government to protect their 'right' to own slaves and require that all states return any black person who should happen to get to a state that had banned slavery.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Meanwhile back to the question that the religious bigotry bulletin took off course, there was a claim made that I believe needs a bit of supporting data - What do you see that is KKK-like in Conservative ideology?

If you want to discus what is KKK-like in Conservative ideology why don't you start a topic about that. This topic is about religious bigotry.

The congregation that forced out their pastor for speaking out against hatred and racism should study their Bible a little. The pastor's statement followed the teachings of the Bible but apparently his congregation hadn't been listening to Christ's teachings.

But the accusation was made on this topic. Any thoughts on that? Or, any thoughts??

So why did you make that accusation? You are the only person who has claimed a connection between the KKK and conservatism. No one else even mentioned it. Are you feeling a little guilty?

What a shame. Your first attempt to post on topic and you are wrong. I have never seen such a connection. However, it should be remembered that all people Kluxers or Black Power people have views about politics beyond just the racial aspects.

Everyone else on this thread has been discussing the religious bigotry shown by this congration through the firing of their pastor for pointing out that White Supremists are anti-Christian.

Hmmmm - I cudda sworn someone brought up Conservatism in the third post and someone associated them with the Klan in the next one. Did you happen to notice those posts? 

Well, you would have been swearing wrong. Maybe if you weren't so ready to attack you would have noticed that this topic was about Christians and not Conservatives.

Do you notice that both Christians and Conservatives begin with the letter 'C'? CINO in this topic translates to Christians in Name Only.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

I and many, many of your countrymen identify with Conservatism. af associated us with the Klan. Do you not think we are entitled to ask why?

Now, I understand that to some, thinking with any depth is difficult and questions just upset them. I would not direct a question to such a person, but af did make the extremely insulting claim - so that is who the question was directed at. You can relax.

just an observation...ive never heard of a liberal clansman. To be sure some were reformed, but it seems the Nazis and kkk in the news all claim to adhere to conservative principles. 

Actually, I do not know any know any Nazis nor Kluxers much less their politics. However, when you consider the differing ideologies, there is more chance of them being on the left.

As to KKK - while they espouse their desire to help minorities, that desire is based on their racism which sees minorities as somehow "lesser" individuals in need of help and protection.

As to the Nazis - their desire for a strong central government controlling more and more aspects of our lives is certainly more Nazi-like than Conservative.

That's off topic - the content of your post has nothing to do with the actual topic - the religious hypocrisy of "people" in power in a certain congregation in NC that failed to see that white supremacy, racism, and the KKK are unquestionably hightly improper and un-Christian groups/political movements - and consequently ejected their minister for speaking truthfully...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 62

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Meanwhile back to the question that the religious bigotry bulletin took off course, there was a claim made that I believe needs a bit of supporting data - What do you see that is KKK-like in Conservative ideology?

If you want to discus what is KKK-like in Conservative ideology why don't you start a topic about that. This topic is about religious bigotry.

The congregation that forced out their pastor for speaking out against hatred and racism should study their Bible a little. The pastor's statement followed the teachings of the Bible but apparently his congregation hadn't been listening to Christ's teachings.

But the accusation was made on this topic. Any thoughts on that? Or, any thoughts??

So why did you make that accusation? You are the only person who has claimed a connection between the KKK and conservatism. No one else even mentioned it. Are you feeling a little guilty?

What a shame. Your first attempt to post on topic and you are wrong. I have never seen such a connection. However, it should be remembered that all people Kluxers or Black Power people have views about politics beyond just the racial aspects.

Everyone else on this thread has been discussing the religious bigotry shown by this congration through the firing of their pastor for pointing out that White Supremists are anti-Christian.

Hmmmm - I cudda sworn someone brought up Conservatism in the third post and someone associated them with the Klan in the next one. Did you happen to notice those posts? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 62

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Responsible posters resist making off-topic posts and following an off topic subject in response to a semi-related factual observation.

I, too have exhibited not entirely responsible human failings, and have been known to go/follow off topic.

Should a poster here wish to comment upon afisher's factual and truthful observation - a new topic would be the only responsible and adult way to pursue that...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 62

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 62

@mandm84 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.