Reply
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
225
Views

Re: unequivocally

225 Views
Message 31 of 62

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Oh brother - not more questions !!!


I and many, many of your countrymen identify with Conservatism. af associated us with the Klan. Do you not think we are entitled to ask why?

 

Now, I understand that to some, thinking with any depth is difficult and questions just upset them. I would not direct a question to such a person, but af did make the extremely insulting claim - so that is who the question was directed at. You can relax.


just an observation...ive never heard of a liberal clansman. To be sure some were reformed, but it seems the Nazis and kkk in the news all claim to adhere to conservative principles. 


Actually, I do not know any know any Nazis nor Kluxers much less their politics. However, when you consider the differing ideologies, there is more chance of them being on the left.

 

As to KKK - while they espouse their desire to help minorities, that desire is based on their racism which sees minorities as somehow "lesser" individuals in need of help and protection.

 

As to the Nazis - their desire for a strong central government controlling more and more aspects of our lives is certainly more Nazi-like than Conservative.


If you had been paying attention you would be aware that there are more Conservatives demanding more central government control over more and more aspects of our lives than there are liberals.

That's true - I am not aware of that. However, I am aware of a side of the divide that wanted to control the healthcare system (16% of the economy) and tell little boys they could go potty with little girls.

 

This harkens back to pre-Civil War when the slave states were trying to get the central government to protect their 'right' to own slaves and require that all states return any black person who should happen to get to a state that had banned slavery.

I honestly do not see the connection.


 


Neither side attempted to control the health care system; however, the right has been attempting to control the interaction between a doctor and his/her patient.

Does socialized medicine not put the government in charge? I have no idea what you are referring to about the doctor/patient relationship. Can you spell out your logic?

 

The other example you gave is another time when the Conservatives are trying to control people.

I have no idea what that means, can you clarify your thinking?

 

Are you ready to apologize for jumping to an erroneous conclusion and attacking based on that erroneous assumption?

Certainly. I hereby apologize for not understanding a poster's meaning in CINO - to each and every poster who has not called me a Nazi, Fascist, Kluxer, racist, and/or sexist.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
225
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
248
Views

Re: unequivocally

248 Views
Message 32 of 62

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Seems hypocritical to me for a Christian church to not stand up against racism and White Supremacy.  I would consider it to be rather 'telling' for anyone to challenge me on this.


There's a BUNCH of Crypto-Christian churches out there who hire ministers who agree to tell the congregation what the leaders want them to hear. There's a bunch of under educated "preachers" who think thats an okay deal. Be interesting to know how many of the congregation found a new church after this.

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
248
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
259
Views

Re: unequivocally

259 Views
Message 33 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Oh brother - not more questions !!!


I and many, many of your countrymen identify with Conservatism. af associated us with the Klan. Do you not think we are entitled to ask why?

 

Now, I understand that to some, thinking with any depth is difficult and questions just upset them. I would not direct a question to such a person, but af did make the extremely insulting claim - so that is who the question was directed at. You can relax.


just an observation...ive never heard of a liberal clansman. To be sure some were reformed, but it seems the Nazis and kkk in the news all claim to adhere to conservative principles. 


Actually, I do not know any know any Nazis nor Kluxers much less their politics. However, when you consider the differing ideologies, there is more chance of them being on the left.

 

As to KKK - while they espouse their desire to help minorities, that desire is based on their racism which sees minorities as somehow "lesser" individuals in need of help and protection.

 

As to the Nazis - their desire for a strong central government controlling more and more aspects of our lives is certainly more Nazi-like than Conservative.


If you had been paying attention you would be aware that there are more Conservatives demanding more central government control over more and more aspects of our lives than there are liberals.

That's true - I am not aware of that. However, I am aware of a side of the divide that wanted to control the healthcare system (16% of the economy) and tell little boys they could go potty with little girls.

 

This harkens back to pre-Civil War when the slave states were trying to get the central government to protect their 'right' to own slaves and require that all states return any black person who should happen to get to a state that had banned slavery.

I honestly do not see the connection.


 


Neither side attempted to control the health care system; however, the right has been attempting to control the interaction between a doctor and his/her patient.

 

The other example you gave is another time when the Conservatives are trying to control people.

 

Are you ready to apologize for jumping to an erroneous conclusion and attacking based on that erroneous assumption?

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
259
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
252
Views

Re: unequivocally

252 Views
Message 34 of 62

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Meanwhile back to the question that the religious bigotry bulletin took off course, there was a claim made that I believe needs a bit of supporting data - What do you see that is KKK-like in Conservative ideology?


standing idly by when hate speech is given under the guise of free speech, not recognizing what the real power structure is in this country..a willingness to not bring together all citizens OUT of poverty...casting blame in a racist way..like demonizing a non existant welfare queen to get out the message " you po working whites are so much better recieving your slave wages"..belivieng that bloated defense budget is worth having a poorly educated citizenry...


Constitutional guarantees are a reality - for speech we agree with as well as that with which we disagree. Defending the Constitution is not defending the speech, it is defending the Constitution.

 

"Defense budget"???????

 

Yes, bring people out of poverty - but how. Via "wealth redistribution" or via creating an environment in which people are able to prosper on their own?

 

"Welfare Queens were not non-existent - but why go way back to that?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
252
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
245
Views

Re: unequivocally

245 Views
Message 35 of 62

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

CINO's =  White Nationalists.    Like the KKK, they have hidden for decades...and now they have been outed.   


What do you see that is KKK-like in Conservative ideology?

 

Racism for one, fawning to the elite  white monied power base against your own interests....



Again what do you see as KKK-like in Conservatism??  Are you saying that having too much money is "racist". And are you saying that all us Conservatives are rich??

 

Or are you just saying.......??

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
245
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
246
Views

Re: unequivocally

246 Views
Message 36 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

Meanwhile back to the question that the religious bigotry bulletin took off course, there was a claim made that I believe needs a bit of supporting data - What do you see that is KKK-like in Conservative ideology?


standing idly by when hate speech is given under the guise of free speech, not recognizing what the real power structure is in this country..a willingness to not bring together all citizens OUT of poverty...casting blame in a racist way..like demonizing a non existant welfare queen to get out the message " you po working whites are so much better recieving your slave wages"..belivieng that bloated defense budget is worth having a poorly educated citizenry...

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
246
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
225
Views

Re: unequivocally

225 Views
Message 37 of 62

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Oh brother - not more questions !!!


I and many, many of your countrymen identify with Conservatism. af associated us with the Klan. Do you not think we are entitled to ask why?

 

Now, I understand that to some, thinking with any depth is difficult and questions just upset them. I would not direct a question to such a person, but af did make the extremely insulting claim - so that is who the question was directed at. You can relax.


just an observation...ive never heard of a liberal clansman. To be sure some were reformed, but it seems the Nazis and kkk in the news all claim to adhere to conservative principles. 


Actually, I do not know any know any Nazis nor Kluxers much less their politics. However, when you consider the differing ideologies, there is more chance of them being on the left.

 

As to KKK - while they espouse their desire to help minorities, that desire is based on their racism which sees minorities as somehow "lesser" individuals in need of help and protection.

 

As to the Nazis - their desire for a strong central government controlling more and more aspects of our lives is certainly more Nazi-like than Conservative.


If you had been paying attention you would be aware that there are more Conservatives demanding more central government control over more and more aspects of our lives than there are liberals.

That's true - I am not aware of that. However, I am aware of a side of the divide that wanted to control the healthcare system (16% of the economy) and tell little boys they could go potty with little girls.

 

This harkens back to pre-Civil War when the slave states were trying to get the central government to protect their 'right' to own slaves and require that all states return any black person who should happen to get to a state that had banned slavery.

I honestly do not see the connection.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
225
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
211
Views

Re: unequivocally

211 Views
Message 38 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

CINO's =  White Nationalists.    Like the KKK, they have hidden for decades...and now they have been outed.   


What do you see that is KKK-like in Conservative ideology?

 

Racism for one, fawning to the elite  white monied power base against your own interests....


So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
211
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
208
Views

Re: unequivocally

208 Views
Message 39 of 62

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Meanwhile back to the question that the religious bigotry bulletin took off course, there was a claim made that I believe needs a bit of supporting data - What do you see that is KKK-like in Conservative ideology?


If you want to discus what is KKK-like in Conservative ideology why don't you start a topic about that. This topic is about religious bigotry.

 

The congregation that forced out their pastor for speaking out against hatred and racism should study their Bible a little. The pastor's statement followed the teachings of the Bible but apparently his congregation hadn't been listening to Christ's teachings.


But the accusation was made on this topic. Any thoughts on that? Or, any thoughts??


So why did you make that accusation? You are the only person who has claimed a connection between the KKK and conservatism. No one else even mentioned it. Are you feeling a little guilty?

What a shame. Your first attempt to post on topic and you are wrong. I have never seen such a connection. However, it should be remembered that all people Kluxers or Black Power people have views about politics beyond just the racial aspects.

 

 

Everyone else on this thread has been discussing the religious bigotry shown by this congration through the firing of their pastor for pointing out that White Supremists are anti-Christian.

Hmmmm - I cudda sworn someone brought up Conservatism in the third post and someone associated them with the Klan in the next one. Did you happen to notice those posts? 


 


Well, you would have been swearing wrong. Maybe if you weren't so ready to attack you would have noticed that this topic was about Christians and not Conservatives.

 

Do you notice that both Christians and Conservatives begin with the letter 'C'? CINO in this topic translates to Christians in Name Only.

 

 


...and the Klan?? But, you are right. I mistook the attack on Christians to be an attack on Conservatives.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
208
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
223
Views

Re: unequivocally

223 Views
Message 40 of 62

There does seem to be an overabundance of 'malapropism' going on...it means the act or habit of misusing words ridiculously esp. by the confusion of words that are similar in sound.  An instance of this, as in, "Lead the way and we'll precede".  

 

'mal' means bad or badly...apropo means appropriate to.  Malapropos is 1. inappropiate, out of place, inopportune, untimely. 2. inappropriately, inopportunely, badly suited to the purpose.  

 

Putting that word 'purpose' in there does make it messy, because it does raise the issue of whose purpose is being served and what that purpose actually is. I expect Webster's had a reason for that.

 

My dad used to say, "Give it awhile, it'll all come to the top so you can see it".   He said that about cream in a milk can and meant it just like he said it.  He also said that about rotten things in the lake that are down too deep to see until they get rotten enough to come to the surface...and he meant it that way too.  

 

So...some thoughts were asked for..there they are...make of them what you will.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
223
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors