@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Oh brother - not more questions !!!

I and many, many of your countrymen identify with Conservatism. af associated us with the Klan. Do you not think we are entitled to ask why?

Now, I understand that to some, thinking with any depth is difficult and questions just upset them. I would not direct a question to such a person, but af did make the extremely insulting claim - so that is who the question was directed at. You can relax.

just an observation...ive never heard of a liberal clansman. To be sure some were reformed, but it seems the Nazis and kkk in the news all claim to adhere to conservative principles. 

Actually, I do not know any know any Nazis nor Kluxers much less their politics. However, when you consider the differing ideologies, there is more chance of them being on the left.

As to KKK - while they espouse their desire to help minorities, that desire is based on their racism which sees minorities as somehow "lesser" individuals in need of help and protection.

As to the Nazis - their desire for a strong central government controlling more and more aspects of our lives is certainly more Nazi-like than Conservative.

If you had been paying attention you would be aware that there are more Conservatives demanding more central government control over more and more aspects of our lives than there are liberals.

That's true - I am not aware of that. However, I am aware of a side of the divide that wanted to control the healthcare system (16% of the economy) and tell little boys they could go potty with little girls.

This harkens back to pre-Civil War when the slave states were trying to get the central government to protect their 'right' to own slaves and require that all states return any black person who should happen to get to a state that had banned slavery.

I honestly do not see the connection.

Neither side attempted to control the health care system; however, the right has been attempting to control the interaction between a doctor and his/her patient.

Does socialized medicine not put the government in charge? I have no idea what you are referring to about the doctor/patient relationship. Can you spell out your logic?

The other example you gave is another time when the Conservatives are trying to control people.

I have no idea what that means, can you clarify your thinking?

Are you ready to apologize for jumping to an erroneous conclusion and attacking based on that erroneous assumption?

Certainly. I hereby apologize for not understanding a poster's meaning in CINO - to each and every poster who has not called me a Nazi, Fascist, Kluxer, racist, and/or sexist.

None of any of what you have last posted about has the slightest everyday real world relationship to issue of the the bigots and racists in that one particular church - does it?

Yeah we know - wildly bandying about all those bigoted republican/conservative/trump supporter dog whistle terms and concepts is fun - but it's just plain wrong.

A good, responsible adult poster would, of course, go back on topic...

Snoopy - I just saw a bulletin that says that I am not allowed to go off topic to respond to your concerns. I'm not sure if it is official or not - after all it was only a bulletin. But, I think I have answered your concerns.

You are the one who took it off topic, don't blame me, man-up and take some responsibility.

I did apologize for misunderstanding CINO. And you are still at it. So, who needs to "man-up"?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: unequivocally

Message 22 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

None of any of what you have last posted about has the slightest everyday real world relationship to issue of the the bigots and racists in that one particular church - does it?

Yeah we know - wildly bandying about all those bigoted republican/conservative/trump supporter dog whistle terms and concepts is fun - but it's just plain wrong.

Yep, why would any intelligent poster want to banter about dog whistle terms instead of  having adult discussion about the actual topic, especially if they have always complained about others going 'off topic'?

Hey, Snoopy - now a post seeming to agree with the bulletin. It may be that I am not allowed to respond to your concerns.

I see you still cannot take responsibility for your actions.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

I and many, many of your countrymen identify with Conservatism. af associated us with the Klan. Do you not think we are entitled to ask why?

Now, I understand that to some, thinking with any depth is difficult and questions just upset them. I would not direct a question to such a person, but af did make the extremely insulting claim - so that is who the question was directed at. You can relax.

just an observation...ive never heard of a liberal clansman. To be sure some were reformed, but it seems the Nazis and kkk in the news all claim to adhere to conservative principles. 

Actually, I do not know any know any Nazis nor Kluxers much less their politics. However, when you consider the differing ideologies, there is more chance of them being on the left.

As to KKK - while they espouse their desire to help minorities, that desire is based on their racism which sees minorities as somehow "lesser" individuals in need of help and protection.

As to the Nazis - their desire for a strong central government controlling more and more aspects of our lives is certainly more Nazi-like than Conservative.

If you had been paying attention you would be aware that there are more Conservatives demanding more central government control over more and more aspects of our lives than there are liberals.

That's true - I am not aware of that. However, I am aware of a side of the divide that wanted to control the healthcare system (16% of the economy) and tell little boys they could go potty with little girls.

This harkens back to pre-Civil War when the slave states were trying to get the central government to protect their 'right' to own slaves and require that all states return any black person who should happen to get to a state that had banned slavery.

Neither side attempted to control the health care system; however, the right has been attempting to control the interaction between a doctor and his/her patient.

Does socialized medicine not put the government in charge? I have no idea what you are referring to about the doctor/patient relationship. Can you spell out your logic?

The other example you gave is another time when the Conservatives are trying to control people.

Are you ready to apologize for jumping to an erroneous conclusion and attacking based on that erroneous assumption?

Certainly. I hereby apologize for not understanding a poster's meaning in CINO - to each and every poster who has not called me a Nazi, Fascist, Kluxer, racist, and/or sexist.

Snoopy - I just saw a bulletin that says that I am not allowed to go off topic to respond to your concerns. I'm not sure if it is official or not - after all it was only a bulletin. But, I think I have answered your concerns.

You are the one who took it off topic, don't blame me, man-up and take some responsibility.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Yep, why would any intelligent poster want to banter about dog whistle terms instead of  having adult discussion about the actual topic, especially if they have always complained about others going 'off topic'?

Hey, Snoopy - now a post seeming to agree with the bulletin. It may be that I am not allowed to respond to your concerns.

Just a message on the AARP Message Board here - making note of what IMHO appears to be "not completely acceptable posting behavior" - according to the written standards of TOS and GUIDELINES...

Of course the moderation staff always has the last word.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 62

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 62

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 62

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

"WHY" - That's the question...

What answer -  what conclusion could be drawn?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 62

@alferdpacker wrote:

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

right up there with limblah sayinh Irma is a hoax.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors