Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: unequivocally

Message 1 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Gee, just can't stop yourself from attacking other posters, can you.

I assume that means you have forgiven me for my CINO error. So, what is the burr under your saddle now??

It's very clear what the "burr under the saddle" is ........................... it's your sidestepping questions and attacking other posters instead of directly answering Alferpacker's questions.

A good idea is read first, comment second.

There is nothing in there about any "questions thumb tacked to a bulletin board". It is about supposed "attacking".

As you may recall, Snoopy was very upset over my not understanding CINO and demanded I apologize - which I did. 

So what are your on-topic thoughts regarding the propriety of the descendant of Robert E. Lee advocating for confronting white supremacy and speaking out against racism?

What are your on-topic thoughts regarding whether as Christians, the Bethany United Church of Christ in Winston-Salem North Carolina acted morally and properly in voting to consider the very un-christian act of not continuing his tenure for speaking as any good consciencious Christian who follows the teachings of the bible and emulates the example of Jesus Christ?

Did those who proposed a vote regarding his tenure act as Chtistians - or as un-christian racists and bigots?

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 62

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I assume that means you have forgiven me for my CINO error. So, what is the burr under your saddle now??

It's very clear what the "burr under the saddle" is ........................... it's your sidestepping questions and attacking other posters instead of directly answering Alferpacker's questions.

A good idea is read first, comment second.

There is nothing in there about any "questions thumb tacked to a bulletin board". It is about supposed "attacking".

As you may recall, Snoopy was very upset over my not understanding CINO and demanded I apologize - which I did. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 62

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

It's very clear what the "burr under the saddle" is ........................... it's your sidestepping questions and attacking other posters instead of directly answering Alferdpacker's questions.

The "CINO error" forgiven?

Chasky would have to state that - which has not been done.

So - Chasky - have you forgiven the "CINO error"?

I have not.

There was no "CINO error", IMO.   It reminds me of someone trying to back out of a bad parking place they have gotten their self into.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 62

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The "CINO error" forgiven?

Chasky would have to state that - which has not been done.

So - Chasky - have you forgiven the "CINO error"?

I have not.

It's crystal clear that without deliberately and maliciously calculated/fabricated "misunderstandings", republicans/conservatives, RWNJs and other various and sundry assorted whackos would have little to disguise their racism,bigotry, prejudice, and ... lies.

Decent, honest, and honorable people need to remember that -

Racists do and say racist things intentionally.

They often do and say things that superficially appear to be “colorblind” or “race-neutral” but in practice lead to racist outcomes.

Racists support other racists.

Racists believe that they are good people.

Racists think their attitudes and beliefs are “natural” and uncontroversial.

When confronted about their racism, racists often claim that they are the real “victims” whose “free speech” is being taken away.

A variant has been seen to have been used to advance an equally disingenuous - and untrue - claim that "freedom of religion" is being taken away...

When any of the above dishonest right wing/racist strategems are called out, or otherwise challenged, the attempt is made to mischaracterise/cloak them in the disingenuous mantle of "misunderstanding" - such as - "oh, that was just an innocent and well-meaning mistake - a misunderstanding" - etc etc...

It's unequivocally advanced dogwhistling...

Trump supporters are unequivocally "christians in name only".

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 62

Hi all,

This thread is starting to get off-topic. While you may have different opinions, please remember to be respectful of one another as our guidelines state: This is a diverse community of people with diverse opinions. It is up to each of us to be polite and treat each other with respect.

You can read the full guidelines here: http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Thanks and happy posting!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 62

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I did apologize for misunderstanding CINO. What actions would you like me to take responsibility for? If it is "off topic" - you are right here with me.

Enough of that off-topic stuff - it's unbecoming responsible adults...

What are your thoughts about the hypocrisy and un-Christian action of the congregation mentioned in post #1?

Did they display un-Christian racially biased reactions by no longer retaining their minister who spoke God's absolute truth about racism and prejudice?

Were their actions hypocrisy?

Was the descendant of Robert E. Lee correct that he was better off separated from people like that?

Is he "unequivocally" correct?

So - let's be responsible adults - and stay on topic...

I would be so grateful and appreciative to see thoughtful and simple adult answers to your questions, alferdpacker.  I certainly won't hold my adult breath while waiting for them.

It does appear that the CINO misunderstanding has become a focus. If there are any question you have for me, please ask and I will do my best to satisfy your curiosity. 

As a general rule I do not check bulletin boards in search of topics to discuss.

I never mentioned CINO. Alferdpacker did list questions, we both await answers, so "do your best" to answer, as you just said that you would.

No, you didn't mention CINO. But since you decided to piggy-back on the seizing of Snoopy's issue - there it is.

I never mentioned "bulletin boards" either.

No you didn't. But since you've decided to play "yeah, me too" with someone who has announced that he/she/it does not discuss, just puts stuff on a bulletin board, you're stuck with your decision.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I did apologize for misunderstanding CINO. What actions would you like me to take responsibility for? If it is "off topic" - you are right here with me.

Enough of that off-topic stuff - it's unbecoming responsible adults...

What are your thoughts about the hypocrisy and un-Christian action of the congregation mentioned in post #1?

Did they display un-Christian racially biased reactions by no longer retaining their minister who spoke God's absolute truth about racism and prejudice?

Were their actions hypocrisy?

Was the descendant of Robert E. Lee correct that he was better off separated from people like that?

Is he "unequivocally" correct?

So - let's be responsible adults - and stay on topic...

I would be so grateful and appreciative to see thoughtful and simple adult answers to your questions, alferdpacker.  I certainly won't hold my adult breath while waiting for them.

It does appear that the CINO misunderstanding has become a focus. If there are any question you have for me, please ask and I will do my best to satisfy your curiosity. 

As a general rule I do not check bulletin boards in search of topics to discuss.

I never mentioned CINO. Alferdpacker did list questions, we both await answers, so "do your best" to answer, as you just said that you would.

No, you didn't mention CINO. But since you decided to piggy-back on the seizing of Snoopy's issue - there it is.

No you didn't. But since you've decided to play "yeah, me too" with someone who has announced that he/she/it does not discuss, just puts stuff on a bulletin board, you're stuck with your decision.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 62
Saw the preacher on The View today. He is following the gospel of Jesus. He grew up thinking the statues to Lee were great, then one day thought..what does a black kid think when they are forced to go to R.Lee school? what is THAT message? the interview will be on their website at some point.

Yeah, it is perception at some point. as in..looking at someone elses POV.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 62

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

No, I did not "piggyback" on Snoopy's issue. I responded to Alferpacker's posting asking you questions, which you have so far not answered, as usual.

I am never stuck with anyone's decisions but my own. So, are you going to back on topic and answer the questions that Alferdpacker asked?

Did you not read my post above?? 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors