Science is honing in on better ways to treat chronic pain. Read about it in this AARP series.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: trump touts supporters as ‘smartest’ in history

Message 1 of 9

Maybe there is some connection with intelligence for trump and supporters. But what I have to comment on is what I have seen for over the last year. trump has no morals, compassion, is as selfish and self-centered as can be, and lies so often that he makes it seem like normal behavior. So for his supporters, I would assume that they must like those qualities in trump and support him without questioning his behavior.

So from that, I would ask, is this what is appealing about trump? What is being done by trump which is positive behavior towards others. Or is it “meism”, all about me and the heck with others...I’ll do whatever I want because trump says it’s okay?

If trump Is really so intelligent, does that make him a good person?

frosty morals

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

@fangoh45 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Trump touts his supporters as being ‘smartest’ and ‘most loyal’ in America’s history

President Trump called his supporters “the smartest, strongest, most hard working and most loyal that we have seen” in the history of the United States. 

He made the comment on Twitter Saturday morning, adding, “It is a beautiful thing to watch as we win elections and gather support from all over the country. As we get stronger, so does our country. Best numbers ever!”

In terms of the rest of Trump’s tweet, a recent New York Times report indicates that the president’s assessment about elections underway may have merit, stating, “[Senate] Republicans…have seen nearly every electoral variable turn in their direction in recent months.”

And while it is unknown which numbers Trump was referring to, his job approval ratings have tied his all-time high of 43 percent while his disapproval number has dipped to 46 percent, according to a new Monmouth poll

Trump touts his supporters as being ‘smartest’ and ‘most loyal’ in America’s history

Now THAT's funny!!!

I can't speak for all Trump suporters, but have to believe he's right (no pun intended) on with his description of this poster (Moi). What a good judge of character he is!Smiley Wink

Of course trump has no quantitative data to support his comment, do you?  Smiley Tongue

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

President Trump called his supporters “the smartest, strongest, most hard working and most loyal that we have seen” in the history of the United States. 

He made the comment on Twitter Saturday morning, adding, “It is a beautiful thing to watch as we win elections and gather support from all over the country. As we get stronger, so does our country. Best numbers ever!”

In terms of the rest of Trump’s tweet, a recent New York Times report indicates that the president’s assessment about elections underway may have merit, stating, “[Senate] Republicans…have seen nearly every electoral variable turn in their direction in recent months.”

And while it is unknown which numbers Trump was referring to, his job approval ratings have tied his all-time high of 43 percent while his disapproval number has dipped to 46 percent, according to a new Monmouth poll

Now THAT's funny!!!

I can't speak for all Trump suporters, but have to believe he's right (no pun intended) on with his description of this poster (Moi). What a good judge of character he is!Smiley Wink

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

Der Trumper's statement is sorta true, if you consider his supporters intelligence relative to his - He's got the brain of a flea, and they score around the level of a gnat, making his supporters as smart as the POTUS.

On the other hand,  Obama and Clinton were in the 140+IQ level and the rest of the population was a standard deviation or two below.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

I agree with your points, Umbarch, but when's he going to start uniting the country as he committed?

I know, he had no intention to unite the country, only those who agree with his dictatorial desires.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

Those who voted for him, follow and suport him believe him. 

The majority of patriotic American citizens who did NOT vote for him and do not follow or support him recognize that tweet as just another of the 3000 plus lies.

Gottfried von Berlichingen said it 500 years ago - now it is entirely appropriate and deserved for tRump...
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

Y'know, I posted a response to nc's post earlier. 

In effect, i cautioned people to be careful about drawing conclusions from wishful thinking.  'The donald' may know well what he is doing.  He is, after all, deliberately and cynically dividing the Nation into 'them' vs 'us'.  All this is not a matter of 'right' vs. 'wrong' to 'the donald'....sadly that is clearly true for his followers and fellow travelers as well. 

No....oaths and ethics and institutions mean nothing to them, it simply is a cynical matter of who will come down in 'their tree' when all the chickens come home to roost.  Power.

So...when numbers like this are touted, it's best to remember just who it is that will believe what is implied by those who quote them. This number trend has got to be troubling in light of the irrefutable facts available.  Facts which far too many deliberately and wilfully choose to ignore. 

Yes, these folk behave in a ridiculous and non-rational manner as we 'rationals' see it.  These folk don't care at all about that. ..that behavior serves their purpose.  

Yes, these folk need to be shown as ridulous and non-rational to the rational who have not decided. That will NOT change the non-rational.  Indeed, they may re-double their efforts.  Their attitude of inflexible doctrine may induce credence in those who do know better.   'So many think something is so, it must be so'.  You have already heard those 'echoes' far too often and far to often they are out and out lies. That, too, is a tactic.  'The donald' intends that as do his minions.  The numbers seem to show he has some success.  Why is not a laughing matter.  

I suppose there is an answer somewhere.  Frankly, anything I come up with is scary in regard to our Nation's future.  Rational people need to remember that in someone's mind Sasquatch is hiding just behind that tree over there, the earth is really flat and tin-foil helmets are needed to protect everyone from Alien mind-control.  Get enough and their reality prevails.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

trump touts supporters as ‘smartest’ in history

Message 8 of 9

I'm guessing HItler said the same things about his supporters in order to lure them into his ultimate plan. As we know, Hitler's plan became a global disaster, killing 65 to 70 million people.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

trump touts supporters as ‘smartest’ in history

Message 9 of 9

Now THAT's funny!!!

Kudos
Views
Replies