trump "Sets-up" US Ally for Slaughter

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: trump "Sets-up" US Ally for Slaughter

Message 21 of 51

No one has brought up the camps in that area holding ISIS prisoners and their families. The Kurds run them. There is a good chance all in those camps will be free again and ISIS is reborn again. The word is that Russian forces could be with the Turks as they make their move. They have said this evening they want to set up a border safe zone along the entire Turk border with Syria as the PKK (Kurds) from Turkey go there after they commit a terrorist attack in Turkey, and that is true so I can understand why the Turks want the zone. The USA under decent leadership from a real President could have solved the problem like they did in IRAQ.  All should keep in mind when talking about terrorists. One persons Terrorist is another person Patriot.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 51
A bag over his head would be good too!
Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 51
IMO he's setting us up for another 911 horror. Unfortunately human beings will suffer for his insatiable greed, and who will come to our defense in our hour of need is indeed questionable.
Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 51

Dec 2015 In a radio interview regarding his in dealings with Turkey, Trump said "I have a little conflict of interest, because I have a major, major building in Istanbul ... It’s called Trump Towers. Two towers. . Not the usual one, it’s two. And I’ve gotten to know Turkey very well." 

Does this explain everything to you? That, and giving Putin the green light to move in and take over.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

trump "Sets-up" US Ally for Slaughter

Message 25 of 51

This is another example of Trump acting as Vladimir's puppet.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 51

@Panjandrum wrote:

Could someone get a net?

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over...

His brain is totally fried. WHEN did lil donny j totally destroy and obliterate the economy of Turkey OR ANYBODY ELSE (except, of course, for his business partners, workers and creditors, whom he cheated out of BILLIONS.)

Then, having made this totally absurd statement to the World, ToadPOTUS proceeded with the pull out of American forces protecting our Kurdish ALLIES.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 51

Is Syria America's next Vietnam?

November 13, 2015

https://www.cnn.com/2015/11/13/opinions/kennedy-syria-vietnam/index.html

October 7, 2019

Syria Could be Turkey’s Vietnam

Erdoğan may believe striking a blow against Kurds while confiscating their oil is a win for Turkey, but he is wrong: He is simply opening the door for a war of attrition that Turkey cannot afford and which it ultimately might lose.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/middle-east-watch/syria-could-be-turkey%E2%80%99s-vietnam-86256

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 51

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-administration-appears-to-reverse-syria-decision-followin...

Trump Administration Appears to Reverse Syria Decision Following Backlash

3 hrs ago

A senior administration official on an organized call with reporters appeared to contradict President Donald Trump about Syria policy late Monday, refuting interpretations of his statements from earlier in the day that prompted broad outrage from supporters and opponents alike.

The U.S. is not removing its forces from Syria in the face of a Turkish incursion, said the official, speaking on the condition of anonymity. Rather, the president ordered roughly 50 special operations troops in northern Syria to relocate to a different part of the country after he learned that Turkey has planned an offensive against U.S.-backed Kurdish forces in Syria. The official said that offensive had not yet begun.

The latest assertion, however, appears to conflict with a flurry of tweets the president issued Monday, further explaining a White House statement late Sunday that first announced the withdrawal, but offered few details......

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 51

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Trump has once more went against most all of his security advisers and foreign affairs experts. He is an imbecile not only dangerous for America bu for the rest of the world.

Even Mitch and Lindsey have called their buddy out.

Senator Mitch McConnell, the majority leader and one of Mr. Trump’s staunchest advocates in the Senate, urged the president to maintain the American deployment in Syria. He also reminded Mr. Trump of a Senate vote in January that Congress rebuked him over a planned withdrawal.

“A precipitous withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria would only benefit Russia, Iran, and the Assad regime,” he said. “And it would increase the risk that ISIS and other terrorist groups regroup.”

-------

“If I didn’t see Donald Trump’s name on the tweet, I would have thought it was Obama’s rationale for getting out of Iraq,” Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina and usually one of the president’s most vocal backers, said on Fox News.

-------

Mr. Graham said he would also introduce a nonbinding resolution asking Mr. Trump to reconsider his move, which he called “shortsighted and irresponsible.” The president’s assertion that the Islamic State has been defeated is “the biggest lie being told by this administration,” Mr. Graham added.

Source: Trump Declares ‘Time for Us to Get Out’ of Syria as Republicans Object

Other Republicans have weighed in with their disapproval.

A senior admin official also seemingly disputed Trump's tweets by saying the U.S. was pulling no troops, rather relocating them to other parts of the country.  Nothing like trying to do damage control when the president starts tweeting out plans and policy for all the world to see. 

But just to make sure the world is clear, he did tweet "We will be focused on the big picture, knowing we can always go back & BLAST!"  Gotta love that 'my-button-is-bigger-than-your-button' talk, but for a man who doesn't have the stomach for such things, he needs to use some of his self-proclaimed "great and unmatched wisdom" and chill out with that nonsense.  Such talk doesn't look well on morons.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 51

Why is anyone surprised at this. Trump is for Trump and no one else counts. He is acting here just the way he has in business and government. You are looking at the Mob boss in action. Just because people are hurt or killed does not count with him, only is it good for what I want. He has always destroyed any one or anything that comes close to him.

Now some notes on the Kurds. I have posted on this before a number of times. Before you comment know what you are talking about and know the full story. The Kurds have been looked at as Terrorists in every country they reside. Iran, Iraq, Syria, Turkey. Each one of those countries has tried to wipe them out. The problem was created after WW1 by Europe when they re drew the boundaries of the countries, and did not create a country for the Kurds. The US agreed to that.  IN Turkey they are called the PKK and have been terrorist killing many. When I was in Turkey a city I stayed in had an attack by the PKK in a park. There were 4 killed and a number injured. Iraq tried to gas them under their Dictator, and Iran had a war with them. They flee across borders to hide after many attacks. The PKK went to N. Iraq., and Turkey sent troops in after them a number of time, and used air strikes. One  thing the US did in Iraq was try and settle the Kurd problem there. N. Iraq is now all most self governing and the Kurds have some what of a home land so you do not see the cross border problem      like it used to be. Turkey has not sent troops or air strikes in to Iraq for some time. We did that before we used the Kurds against ISIS in Iraq. That was how Bush and Obama handled it, and so far it has worked. Turkey has gone into Syria before after the Kurds because that is where the PKK go after an attack in Turkey. It is their safety country and where their brothers live. We have done nothing to solve the terror end of the Kurds there as we were not involved that much in Syria till Trumps time. Helping solve a problem is not what Trump does so any deaths  there are the fault of the US. We used the Kurds for our own purposes and then are sending them to die. There are camps where 1,000 of Kurds live there and all could be wiped out by Turkey. Trump in action. If that happens look in the mirror and see who caused it. All of us as Trump is President of this country. This is what happens when you have a Mob Boss Dictator elected President. Now doing something about it. Vote out Trump in 2020.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Jeopardy!® for AARP Tournament! Play now until Jan. 17 for a chance to win up to $500 from AARP. See Rules.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors