Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: trump Will Show Again Today He's a Fascist

Message 51 of 73

The president is a child and has to be dealt with as you do with most spoiled brats.  Nancy and Mitch get it. 

From the WP:

Republicans:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) was on the phone with Trump at least three times during the course of the nerve-racking day, pressing him to stay the course and asserting that Democrats had actually lost the spending fight, two people familiar with the conversations said.
McConnell promised Trump he would encourage others to support the emergency in a bid to get the president to sign, according to people familiar with the conversations

Democrats:

Democrats, privately, were amused but made a conscious decision not to gloat — concerned that if they celebrated what they considered a victory Thursday they might anger Trump enough to veto the deal.

One conferee summarized the instructions from Democratic leaders: “Don’t poke the bear.”

Remember when the neighborhood bully threw all the Monopoly pieces in the air and said, "I win! I win! You lost!" and your parents said, "Let him think he won; you and I know who really won"? Nancy and Mitch and the WH aides have had to pull out their old parenting skills, for sure.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 73

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Here's another perfect example illustrating how Trump supporters live in an alternate realtiy where the truth is irrelevant.

"President Trump is holding up his end of the bargain...  His primary job is to keep ALL AMERICAN CITIZENS SAFE."

Really? Border crossings are at a 10 year low. There's no emergency on our southern border. All of our Intelligence Chiefs testiifed last week on national security, and none of them mentioned the border as a threat to our security.

If Trump was concerned with keeping Americans safe, he would stop attacking NATO and work with our Allies. 

If Trump was concerned about keeping Americans safe, he would actually do something about Russian Cyberattacks on our election system.

Good points, as usual, CeeTee.

Some seem to think lying to the American people and dividing the country are the President's job. Is THAT why they elected him????

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 73

@jimc91 wrote:

Congress do your job!

Yes, and impeach the moron!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

trump Will Show Again Today He's a Fascist

Message 54 of 73

Here's another perfect example illustrating how Trump supporters live in an alternate realtiy where the truth is irrelevant.

"President Trump is holding up his end of the bargain...  His primary job is to keep ALL AMERICAN CITIZENS SAFE."

Really? Border crossings are at a 10 year low. There's no emergency on our southern border. All of our Intelligence Chiefs testiifed last week on national security, and none of them mentioned the border as a threat to our security.

If Trump was concerned with keeping Americans safe, he would stop attacking NATO and work with our Allies. 

If Trump was concerned about keeping Americans safe, he would actually do something about Russian Cyberattacks on our election system.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 73

President Trump is holding up his end of the bargain...  His primary job is to keep ALL AMERICAN CITIZENS SAFE.

I support his position to do what ever it takes to secure our borders and see to it that DOJ and Homeland Security enforce our laws.  

We the people should be calling our congress people everyday and telling them to quit the childish partisan politics and write common sense legislation to fix immigration. That is the responsibility of Congress!  When they FAIL to act, it is within the lawful authority of our President to fill the void and keep us safe.  

Good Job Mr. President.

Congress do your job!

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 73

What the GOPers wildly cheering for lil donny to lie and say there's a national emergency so they can steal billions in actual disaster aid to California don't seem to understand is there's this thing called "precedence".

If the ToadPOTUS establishes the PRECEDENCE for a President to declare National Emergencies based on their personal assessment of a situation, in 2021 we should see a lot of National Emergencies by our new Democratic President to deal with Climate Change, Health Care and Infrastructure REGARDLESS of what GOPers in the Senate want to filibuster about.

They got their wish for a "businessman" to run the Federal government, so one would THINK they'd be a tad more cautious about what they wish for, but that would requires some connection to reality outside the Republibubble.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 73

Keep in mind trump said he needed more money for the military and he blamed Obama, though any intelligent people KNOW the Congress controls the purse strings.  Congress was controlled by the GOP for the last 10 years.  IGNORANCE to suggest it was Obama's fault.

Now, trump is stealing 3.6 billion dollars from the VERY MUCH needed military budget to pay for HIS wall. Really?  I thought they needed the money so desperately!!!!  What a fraud trump perpetuates on the American people.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 73

I just see Trump just stirring the pot. His speech was so out there. Like the Who's song title Who ARE? I Really want to Know.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 73

Centristsin2010

I know for a fact that the neighbors I mentioned don't watch Fox News. This is on Next Door, a community bulletin board. I am trying to get to the answer as to who started the topic.  Thank goodness the New State Police started posting on this site.  My hope is to have the page taken off Next Door.  This whole thing doesn't need to be any crazier than it is already. Nancy

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

trump Will Show Again Today He's a Fascist

Message 60 of 73

Centrist previously pointed out that low IQ people who are dedicated to Fox and Trump actually believe there's an invasion on our southern border. But the FACTS reveal we are at a 10 year low on border crossings. 

But always remember that Fox/Trump Cult members get thoroughly confused when you bring up FACTS.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors