On Memorial Day weekend, we remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. AARP also offers resources and news for military veterans and families.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: trump Will Show Again Today He's a Fascist

Message 71 of 73

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of radical authoritarian ultranationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and of the economy.

Let's face it. Trump is a wanna-be dictator.  He wants to declare a national emergency when there isn't one to spend $8 Billion just to please a small minority of Americans. Even where he wants the wall built the people don't want it. He should have to prove a national emergency and he simply can't.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: trump Will Show Again Today He's a Fascist

Message 72 of 73
Trump has been warned already that there is a good possibility of a civil war now within the Trump Party for declaring a "national emergency". The only "national emergency" is within the White House IMO! Oh well!!!!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

trump Will Show Again Today He's a Fascist

Message 73 of 73

Let's face it....there's no more of a National Emergency today than there was two years ago when the Fascist-in-Chief had his GOP cronnies controlling the House and the Senate.  He couldn't get them to pay for his wall, just as he can't get the Dem House or the GOP Senate to pay for his wall.

No National Emergency after the GOP turned him down in 2017....TWICE!

No National Emergency after the GOP turned him down again in 2018 and a second time in Dec 2018 with the Dems......

And now, in 2019, is now a National Emergency?  Of course the countrys bigots will support this fascist.  "I can't get what I want the democratic way, so I'll shove it down your throats".  This is how a self-serving bully and fascist operates.

How pathetic trump is and those who support his fascist behavior.

Republicans pay the price for Trump's wall crusade

A GOP senator who will face that choice again is John Cornyn of Texas, who told CNN this month that it was a "serious constitutional question" whether presidents can "usurp" the separation of powers and unilaterally dole out money.

Sen. Rand Paul, a Kentucky Republican who is sometimes a Trump ally, expressed deep reservations about the idea of an emergency declaration.

"I, too, want stronger border security, including a wall in some areas," Paul tweeted. "But how we do things matters. Over 1,000 pages dropped in the middle of the night and extraconstitutional executive actions are wrong, no matter which party does them."
But not every Republican has constitutional anxiety. South Carolina's Sen. Lindsey Graham has been urging Trump to declare a national emergency for days. And Louisiana's Sen. John Kennedy dismissed the fears of some of his colleagues.

"I don't join with my colleagues in believing that if the President does this, when he does it, that it will be the end of Western order," Kennedy said.

Thursday's Senate vote to avoid a government shutdown ended a difficult two months for GOP members that saw Trump walk away from a stopgap bill to avert what became the longest government shutdown in history in December.

As speculation rose that the President might refuse to sign the bipartisan agreement reached between the House and the Senate, the strain began to tell on some GOP lawmakers.

"Let's all pray that the President will have wisdom to sign the bill so the government doesn't shut down," said Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa.

"I pray" Trump signs the bill, said Sen. Richard Shelby of Alabama, the top Republican on the conference committee that negotiated the compromise.

Their resort to the divine summed up the grueling experience of the shutdown drama, which for all Trump's efforts to present it as a victory has left the Republican Party in a worse position than before it started.

In the end, the President got a lesson in the new dynamics of shared power in Washington that can be encapsulated by the Rolling Stones song that plays at the end of his campaign rallies: "You can't always get what you want."

The Democratic capture of the House last year made it impossible to get Congress to fund the wall -- although the President did not have much more luck when the Republicans held the chamber up until January.

He will now seek to get what he wants through an aggressive claim to presidential power that will certainly face a judicial battle that seems to have every chance of rising all the way to the Supreme Court.

Republicans pay the price for Trump's wall crusade

Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of radical authoritarian ultranationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and of the economy.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Replies