Join the Turning Your Passion into Profit Town Hall on Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET. Register Now

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: trump Wants to Dictate What People Eat

Message 31 of 41

When people direct their Government to provide needed services to the citizens, THEY control the Government, not vis-versa.

The happiest people on earth are the ones who had the common sense to make sure their Governments protect them from as many evils as possible.

Things like losing everything because a child gets sick, never being able to retire after a lifetime of work, being posioned by their food because the provider can make more money that way, being imprisoned for "victimless crimes", being sent to fight and die in totally unnecessary wars and having a greater chance of being shot dead at home than they have of dying from any other single cause and living in a society where they can be lied to while the liars suffer no consequence.

REpublicans keep telling their dupes all those things mean they have FREEDOM, but what exactly does that "freedom" do for the citizens that put up with all that other stuff to be "GOPer-Free". Perhaps what we really need is to be Free FROM GOPers.

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 32 of 41

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Panjandrom wrote:

Centristsin2010:  Canned milk.....canned meat.....canned veggies.....canned fish.......really?  Really!

I see this as a twofer........they will get that naughty tingle by hurting poor people, AND they can be the Nanny State they are at heart. So of course they would love this new scam.

The people under discussion are already dependent on the Nanny State. How does providing people with healthy food hurt them?

It would cut back their Coca-Cola, potato chips, cookies, and ice cream budget in favor of healthy foods? Disaster!

Nothappening, SNAP (food stamps) benefits only are available for certain foods.  Next time you are in a grocery store if you look at the shelf labels, you can usually tell what items are allowed.  I don't know if Coke is approved or if the Coke lobbyists made sure it is on the approved list.

Since this is supposed to be a temporary program and is not supposed to cover your entire food budget, I have no problem with the Government trying to do it as inexpensive as possible.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 33 of 41

rk9152 wrote:

Panjandrom wrote:

Centristsin2010:  Canned milk.....canned meat.....canned veggies.....canned fish.......really?  Really!

I see this as a twofer........they will get that naughty tingle by hurting poor people, AND they can be the Nanny State they are at heart. So of course they would love this new scam.

The people under discussion are already dependent on the Nanny State. How does providing people with healthy food hurt them?

It would cut back their Coca-Cola, potato chips, cookies, and ice cream budget in favor of healthy foods? Disaster!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 34 of 41

rk9152 wrote:

Panjandrom wrote:

Please sit down for a moment, "rk"  Don't want you to fall down or anything with this shocking news, fresh food is healthier.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 35 of 41

Panjandrom wrote:

Gold Conversationalist

Message 36 of 41

smca:  Anyway, lazy SNAP recipients are too fat as it is, aren't they?    :-) 

Oh yes. These fatties drive their Cadillacs to the store to pick up their steak and lobster while real, suffering hard working Americans make do with Hamburger Helper (minus the hamburger). That's the stereo type they try to sell.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 37 of 41

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 38 of 41

Trump Wants to Dictate What People Eat

Nothing new .... He's been telling most all Americans to eat **bleep** starting with his unconstitutional inauguration!

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 39 of 41

smca wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Canned milk.....canned meat.....canned veggies.....canned fish.......really?  Really!

Well I'm sure Congressional GOPers will put a stop to this.  After all, remember how they lambasted Michelle Obama's efforts to make school lunches healthier?  Anyway, lazy SNAP recipients are too fat as it is, aren't they?    :-) 

I thought commodities were great ...back in the days of "reagan Cheese".but the deal is, there are the commodities made with govt buybacks from the dept of agriculture. Food stamps were designed to ALSO make sure the poor bught FOOD..you know..usda products. Putting anything thats overstock ack in the market will hurt the ag businees..and that wont go well.Neither will deliveries..like ol gramma living 1/4 miles from the point of delivery. Or here, where some people have to travel 35 miles to thewelfare office..and welfare pays not a dime for a car, insurance, or gas. The plan flies in the face of office consolidations and online signups. OOOOOOO i know..Trump will make the postal service do it for free, forcing up the price of postage.

So it begins.
Silver Conversationalist

Message 40 of 41

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Canned milk.....canned meat.....canned veggies.....canned fish.......really?  Really!

Well I'm sure Congressional GOPers will put a stop to this.  After all, remember how they lambasted Michelle Obama's efforts to make school lunches healthier?  Anyway, lazy SNAP recipients are too fat as it is, aren't they?    :-)