Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: trump Education Sec. an Embarrassment to the WH

Message 1 of 16

@rk9152wrote:

Chelsea Clinton went to a private school. Sasha and Malia Obama went to a private school - the same one as Biden's grandchildren

So what?  Get back to us when one of them buys their way into the position of education secretary, and when one of them makes a fool of themselves on the national stage like this inept individual has on several occasions.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 16

The Dems need to make sure the disaster that is DeVoss is widely known before November by publicizing the education budget DeVoss proposed.

Most important, the actual statistics showing how giving tax money to Corporate heads running for-profit schools does NOTHING to improve the education of the kids in those schools and makes things much worse for those left in the now more seriously underfunded public schools.

Elections have consequences, so all those Obama voters who switched to Trump must be made aware of what their actions brought America's school children, not only concerning their education but their  physical safety as well.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 16

@phyllisc6781wrote:

DeVos  has been an embarrassment to the country since before her appointment. This is the woman who, like  many other trump appointees and Trump himself, knows nothing about the position to which she was appointed – – or in this case—the position she bought.

DeVos  knows nothing about the public school system. She never attended public school, her children never went to public school, and she has spent the majority of her adulthood trying to get rid of public schooling. I can’t think of a worse candidate to be secretary of education, but par for the course,  trump puts only the worst of the worst into positions that are pertinent to the day-to-day functioning of this country. 

trump said he bring only the best into the White House,  I am waiting for the first of those to arrive.

Right you are, Phyllis.  She bought the position as she and her husband were one of the largest financial contributors to the trump campaign.  Another elitist trump put into the swamp.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 16

DeVos  has been an embarrassment to the country since before her appointment. This is the woman who, like  many other trump appointees and Trump himself, knows nothing about the position to which she was appointed – – or in this case—the position she bought.

DeVos  knows nothing about the public school system. She never attended public school, her children never went to public school, and she has spent the majority of her adulthood trying to get rid of public schooling. I can’t think of a worse candidate to be secretary of education, but par for the course,  trump puts only the worst of the worst into positions that are pertinent to the day-to-day functioning of this country. 

trump said he bring only the best into the White House,  I am waiting for the first of those to arrive.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 16

@rk9152wrote:

Chelsea Clinton went to a private school. Sasha and Malia Obama went to a private school - the same one as Biden's grandchildren.

Yep.  So did trump.  What's your point?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 16

Chelsea Clinton went to a private school. Sasha and Malia Obama went to a private school - the same one as Biden's grandchildren

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 16

There is NO credible evidence that for-profit schools out  perform public schools. They show some initial improvement from the cherry-picked first group of students, whose parents are seriously committed to their kids education, but then NOTHING, except huge profits for the ones owning the for-profit, and lower calaries for everyone actually teachingthe kids and maintaining the facilities.

If you want the next generation of American kids to be able to do the STEM tasks, you need to accept more money into the schools and no more Republican slander of teachers. You cannot attract the best teachers with the worst pay and constant defamation by a major political party.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 16
WHen John Engler was gov in mich, he started following the devos plan for the states education..and man did it go down hill fast. I read an article about the free fall in the free press sunday, and its crashing faster that most others, due to funding cuts, vouchers, tests designed so student can pass and show high numbers of grads. Im happy to see the Trumpers decided Michigan didn't need to be left behind, and will downgrade all the schools.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 16

@alferdpackerwrote:

The unappreciated genius of Betsy DeVos - The Washington Post

Betsy DeVos Calls “60 Minutes” a Waste of a Half Hour | The New Yorker 

Another of trump's "best" people who undoubtedly would need at least a week to be able to single-handedly find sufficient facts to manage to refute Ben Carson's belief that the Egyptian Pyramids were built to store grain...

Don't forget, DeVos and Carson are both in the PYRAMID business, one way or another.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 16

DeVos is so stupid that I could probably sell her some cleaning fluid through a DIRECT DISTRIBUTOR that sold it to a DISTRIBUTOR that sold it to a DISTRIBUTOR until we had that pyramid built.

Kudos
Views