Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: the cost of speaking out

Message 1 of 10

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:
I'll try again since no one seems to know - 

Who has paid a cost for speaking out that brought about this topic?

It was covered very well in the first post.

What paying of cost did you see in there?

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 10

@rk9152 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It was covered very well in the first post.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 10

@rk9152 wrote:

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 10

@rk9152 wrote:

Focus

Try to keep up with the reality of the real world.

The trump world alternative reality of Sarah Hucksterbee Slanders is bogus.

44>dolt45
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 10

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Message 6 of 10

Sadly, this is nothing new. Whistleblowers are always persecuted and denial of even scientific evidence is widespread in both Democratic and Republican parties. Calling those who testify to facts demeaning names is the first step in isolating them. Our current president is just more blatent in his use of these tactics. 

Two very specific examples to Washington DC for today

• Washington drinking water still has unsafe levels of lead in it. The DC water crisis was first unmasked in 2001 and was associated with use of both fluoride and chloramine in drinking water. Both are toxic on their own, but together they mulitply the sinister effects on people & pipes. Municipalities across the country still use both while bemoaning the conditions of their health and infrastructure. 
    • See scientific citations on this list
    • 2016 letter from Erin Brockovich et al. to Governors opposing fluoridation also contains many citations. 
  • Today, Aug 16, 2018, there is an oversight hearing of the FCC and wireless technology in the US Senate. Current wireless technology is harmful to plants, animals and people despite a 1996 law that says it's safe. 
    • See summary of science in this 2016 article
    • 2017 EMF Scientists appeal to UN regarding threat to people & planet from current wireless technology. 
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 10
TemperMental67
Plus lets take the attention off of Omarosa's tapes, AND Russia.

It's almost on cue that he will start up a new scandal to get off of the last one.

He is an absolute joke. Donald, we will NEVER forget any of the crap you have done, said, pulled, lied about.

We will forget NOTHING. So get over it!.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 10

@gruffstuff

"This action is part of a broader effort by Mr. Trump to suppress freedom of speech & punish critics. It should gravely worry all Americans, including intelligence professionals, about the cost of speaking out.

"I've seen this type of behavior and actions on the parts of foreign tyrants, despots, and autocrats for many, many years during my CIA and national security career," he told Wallace of Trump's revocation, adding, "I never, ever thought I'd see it here in the United States."

Some feel he retired he didn't need it, but really he did earn it. He actually needed if for nothing else but the security of our Country, but this is another person against The Donald he has gotten rid of. On top of that, he has a whole list of those he wants to have their clearance removed.

I guess he knows how Unliked he REALLY is.

He just keeps going down the line, pretty soon it will be The Donald, Pence, Kelly Anne and Sarah.

Watch out America.

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 10

First, yes, this is so petty, childish, and vindictive. We have a hysterical man baby in the White House. And oh how he reminds me of a few other developing nation dictators.....ugh. It’s going to take years to undo Trump’s damage.

But I also wonder if Trump sits down in a room with all his little reality TV show buddies, and cooks up ways to completely divert media attention away from stuff that embarrasses him?  Omarosa is shaming me. Let’s yank these guys’ chains over security clearances! 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

the cost of speaking out

Message 10 of 10

https://www.businessinsider.com/john-brennan-statement-trump-security-clearance-revocation-2018-8?ut...

'It should gravely worry all Americans ... about the cost of speaking out': Former CIA Director John Brennan reacts to Trump revoking his security clearance

• Former CIA director John Brennan reacted Tuesday to news that the White House had revoked his security clearance, accusing him of "erratic conduct and behavior."

• "This action is part of a broader effort by Mr. Trump to suppress freedom of speech & punish critics," he wrote on Twitter. "It should gravely worry all Americans, including intelligence professionals, about the cost of speaking out."
  • He later told MSNBC host Nicolle Wallace that such a politically motivated action was something he had seen from "foreign tyrants, despots, and autocrats" throughout his career.

Former CIA director John Brennan, who led the agency from 2013 to 2017, is reacting to the White House's Wednesday afternoon announcement that President Donald Trump was taking away his security clearance.

"This action is part of a broader effort by Mr. Trump to suppress freedom of speech & punish critics. It should gravely worry all Americans, including intelligence professionals, about the cost of speaking out," Brennan tweeted. "My principles are worth far more than clearances. I will not relent."

Brennan told MSNBC Deadline host Nicolle Wallace that he was completely blindsided by the move, only finding out from White House press secretary Sarah Sanders' afternoon press briefing instead of first being contacted by Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats or CIA Director Gina Haspel.

"Revoking my security clearances is his way of trying to get back at me," Brennan said. "I think I have tried to voice the concerns of millions of Americans about Mr. Trump's failures, in terms of fulfilling the responsibilities of that sacred and solemn office of the presidency."

Brennan has been a prominent and outspoken critic of Trump's approach to foreign policy and national security. He even called Trump seemingly siding with Moscow over the US intelligence community during his summit with Russian president Vladimir Putin "treasonous."

On Monday, Brennan tweeted that Trump "will never understand what it means to be president, nor what it takes to be a good, decent, & honest person" in response to the President referring to ex-White House staffer Omarosa Manigault-Newman as a "crazed, crying lowlife" and "a dog."

"I've seen this type of behavior and actions on the parts of foreign tyrants, despots, and autocrats for many, many years during my CIA and national security career," he told Wallace of Trump's revocation, adding, "I never, ever thought I'd see it here in the United States."

Brennan said he's worried Trump is sending a message to other former and current officials with security clearances that they shouldn't say critical things about the president.

Trump also said he was considering revoking the clearance of several other former intelligence and law-enforcement officials — many of whom have been critical of him — in the coming weeks.

Those people include former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former FBI director James Comey, former NSA director Michael Hayden, former acting attorney general Sally Yates, former national security adviser Susan Rice, former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe, former FBI agent Peter Strzok, FBI lawyer Lisa Page, and Justice Department official Bruce Ohr.

"If Mr. Trump believes that this is going to lead me to just go away and be quiet, he is very badly mistaken," Brennan said on MSNBC.

Watch a clip from Brennan's interview below:

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, July 9 – Coronavirus Event

1 p.m. ET - Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507

Top Authors