Esteemed Social Butterfly

tRump's New Healthcare Plan (What the...??? πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ)

IMPOOPUS signs an executive order protecting pre-existing conditions which, by the way, is already the law under the ACA. 

Oh, that's right, he's trying to get that struck down.  So what am I missing here?

Is that his great new healthcare plan?! 😲

Well dang, who knew it could be so easy?  Sign a couple of EOs and done. 

Oh wait!  Silly me 🀦, I forgot that he also blurted out on Thursday that he is sending us Medicare recipients a $200 discount card to help defray the cost of meds.  And the "cards are incredible" and they "will be mailed out in coming weeks"!  Better hurry, Donnie.  Some of us are already dropping off our mail-in absentee ballots.

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump has failed in several of the most important criteria for a president

• NO HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN
  • NO INFRASTRUCTURE UPGRADES
  • HUGE INCREASES IN THE DEFICIT
  • HUGE INCREASES IN THE FEDERAL BUDGET
Social Butterfly

Trump and the Republicans have been WAY too busy contriving lies about Corona 19 and disabling various arms of the government to have time to come up with a health care plan.

Can't you see he is a busy man? Priorities!

Honored Social Butterfly

Centrist, Trump Cult members never stop lying about Obamacare, which is enjoying immense popularity around the country. Many rural Americans in the heart of Trump Country have Obamacare, but they aren't bright enough to realize that's where they get their health insurance. 

Obamacare has some issues which need to be corrected, but overall, it has made major positive changes for Americans needing health insurance.

Honored Social Butterfly

82% of Democrats and 16% of Republicans support single-payer healthcare when told that Obama supports it.

When instead told that Trump supports it, Dems support drop to 46% and Republican support increase to 44%.

Even domesticated sheep would be embarrassed by that kind of thinking.

Johan Norberg: "These facts come from my new book, Open Exchange- The Story of Human Progress."

https://twitter.com/johanknorberg/status/1306577600786108422

book open.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

@gordyfl wrote:

82% of Democrats and 16% of Republicans support single-payer healthcare when told that Obama supports it.

When instead told that Trump supports it, Dems support drop to 46% and Republican support increase to 44%.

Even domesticated sheep would be embarrassed by that kind of thinking.

Johan Norberg: "These facts come from my new book, Open Exchange- The Story of Human Progress."

https://twitter.com/johanknorberg/status/1306577600786108422

book open.jpg

You get results like that when people have no understanding of our Health Care System.  Our current system has health care for all for over 100 years. When you start from that real base you can get a new plan and save money in total health care.

Honored Social Butterfly

Oh, that's right, he's trying to get that struck down.  So what am I missing here?

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2020-08-19/supreme-court-to-hear-obamacare-case-a... 

Supreme Court to Hear Obamacare Case After November Elections

Arguments were scheduled for Nov. 10, a week after the election, meaning that the hearing on the Affordable Care Act won’t be used in any last-minute campaign messaging.

RBG just died, Republicans will continue with their plan to repeal the ACA with this latest appointment.

Trump issued an executive order protecting people with pre-existing conditions because they anticipate the ACA will be overturned.

The executive order is an empty promise,  if Republicans wanted to provide the benefits of the ACA they wouldn't be trying to repeal it.

Once the elections are past Republicans will allow insurance companies to deny pre-existing conditions  if they retain power. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Gruffstuff posted-Once the elections are past Republicans will allow insurance companies to deny pre-existing conditions  if they retain power. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You know this how?  Trump has said he won`t allow that to happen so please provide proof.

Honored Social Butterfly

@easyed598 wrote:

Gruffstuff posted-Once the elections are past Republicans will allow insurance companies to deny pre-existing conditions  if they retain power. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You know this how?  Trump has said he won`t allow that to happen so please provide proof.

And of course after Trump telling over 2500 lies you believe him.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

Dems should push the healthcare issue BIG TIME. Trump wants to take it away in the midst of the worst pandemic in over 100 years, much of it his fault.
Honored Social Butterfly

To the point Tom...healthcare must be priority two for Biden Harris. The virus must be priority one, why...trump tries to avoid it, and not talk about the realities of the virus, other than say we’ve turned the corner, which we know is a lie. 
204,000 and counting

For the campaign, link the virus and healthcare...they will be the topics to use.  

Honored Social Butterfly

Oh I totally agree William. Virus #1, maybe health care # 2, and the economy #3, with so many other topics to nail TRump on!!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Tom... focus, stability, and not chasing every object that trump throws out...and there are many issues to deal with, but prioritize...and hopefully the media will follow this format of priorities. 
And Biden Harris must maintain the focus...their advantage? trump has no focus!

IMPOOPUS has been promising a new "really tremendous, really incredible" healthcare plan since his 2016 campaign and has recently renewed his empty promises because it's a new election year.  Instead of "getting it done within his first 100 days", here it is, 4 years later and still nothing new.  So he signs a useless EO and says, "Look!  A new healthcare plan!"  (Useless, nonviable executive order = tRumpcare.  Sounds about right. πŸ˜‚) And his poor deluded supporters go, "Yay!  Promises made.  Promises kept."

Really?

🀣

You go, Donnie.  You can fool your base besties ALL of the time, but you can't fool intelligent people ANY of time.

Pathetic moron.

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch wrote:

IMPOOPUS has been promising a new "really tremendous, really incredible" healthcare plan since his 2016 campaign and has recently renewed his empty promises because it's a new election year.  Instead of "getting it done within his first 100 days", here it is, 4 years later and still nothing new. 

And recall that Trump promised his health care plan would be in effect in 2 hours of his presidency in his 2016 campaign.

The same morons that believed Mexico will pay for the wall likely believed Trump's bull manure health care plan.

It gets me sick knowing that their vote counts the same as mine!

You go, Donnie.  You can fool your base besties ALL of the time, but you can't fool intelligent people ANY of time.

WELL STATED!!!!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Ms Sretch posted-IMPOOPUS has been promising a new "really tremendous, really incredible" healthcare plan since his 2016 campaign and has recently renewed his empty promises because it's a new election year.  Instead of "getting it done within his first 100 days", here it is, 4 years later and still nothing new.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This is the reason you don`t have a better health plan.th.jpg

@easyed598 wrote:

Ms Sretch posted-IMPOOPUS has been promising a new "really tremendous, really incredible" healthcare plan since his 2016 campaign and has recently renewed his empty promises because it's a new election year.  Instead of "getting it done within his first 100 days", here it is, 4 years later and still nothing new.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This is the reason you don`t have a better health plan.th.jpg

Wow, blame it on the guy who's passed.  R.I.P. John McCain. 

So you are insinuating that a single man, even with a Republican-controlled Senate AND House brought down IMPOOPUS's brand new shiny plan?  You sound just like Donnie.  That's his excuse, too.

As I recall, Sen. Collins and Sen. Murkowski also voted against it.

John McCain died 2 years ago.  What's his and your excuse for the last two years?

But like I said earlier, IMPOOPUS only just this year (election year) started amping up his talk about a new healthcare plan coming soon -- in various interviews (remember Chris Wallace?), his Twitter trash feed, probably his rallies too (when he isn't doing his comedy routine on his ramp walk) -- and...?

And...?

And...?

He signs a EO and that's his new plan?!  😜  Such a funny man moron.

Social Butterfly

Trump wont get through a new health care program that doesn't even exist.

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch    He signs a EO and that's his new plan?!  😜  Such a funny man moron.

I laughed, seeing visions of paper towel rolls being tossed out to the small crowd of needy people.

@oceanedge2 wrote:

@MsStretch    He signs a EO and that's his new plan?!  😜  Such a funny man moron.

I laughed, seeing visions of paper towel rolls being tossed out to the small crowd of needy people.

Or maybe boxes of Band-Aids! 🀣

Incoming! 🩹🩹🩹 BONK! πŸ€•

Honored Social Butterfly

@easyed598 wrote:

This is why YOU don't have a better health plan....

22fwab.jpg

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

Trumps vision is a gimmick....he did nothing but create a photo-op for himself.  He does not have ANY power to implement ANY changes; only Congress does.  How many ignorant people will change their minds and vote for trump over this "plan"?

Honored Social Butterfly

Ms Stretch posted-IMPOOPUS signs an executive order protecting pre-existing conditions which, by the way, is already the law under the ACA. 

Oh, that's right, he's trying to get that struck down.  So what am I missing here?------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You are missing the point that Obamacare is very unpopular by both Democrats and Republicans .10 years we have heard about those not able to keep their Doctors ,premiums doubling,prescriptions cost skyrocketing etc. ,etc. Trump has been saying for the last 4 years that pre-existing conditions will be covered under his plan (mostly ignored by Dems) If ACA is so unpopular with most people ,what do we have to lose by     trying something new that will save us money and give us more affordable access to healthcare?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@easyed598 wrote:

You are missing the point that Obamacare is very unpopular by both Democrats and Republicans .

Oh Really? This disagrees with you and breaks things down very specifically, item by item, and Party by Party.  Actually most favor the ACA overall and favor parts of it by way over 90%:

https://www.kff.org/health-reform/poll-finding/5-charts-about-public-opinion-on-the-affordable-care-...

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 

I would have thought in (10) years it would have been a whole lot better -

We know why people don't like it -  right?  At least, I do.

Screenshot_2020-09-25 5 Charts About Public Opinion on the Affordable Care Act and the Supreme Court.png

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@GailL1 wrote:

@ChasKy53 

I would have thought in (10) years it would have been a whole lot better -

We know why people don't like it -  right?  At least, I do.

Yep, I know why many don't like it.   It's the  ' I've got mine the heck with everybody else '  syndrome.

Social Butterfly

So where is this" fabulous" new health care plan that Trump said "they were working on, coming shortly"? 

What orafice does he plan to pull this out of?  

And run it through Congress before election day?

He talks out his neck without running it through his brain.(is there one)?

Smoke, mirrors and horse crap.

Honored Social Butterfly

Phillip posted-05-biden-covid-plan-dt-600-600x429-1.jpgSo where is this" fabulous" new health care plan that Trump said "they were working on, coming shortly"? 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@easyed598 wrote:

Phillip posted-05-biden-covid-plan-dt-600-600x429-1.jpgSo where is this" fabulous" new health care plan that Trump said "they were working on, coming shortly"? 

You have it backwards.

4 years ago Trump told us about his new plan which was ready to be released.

He said all would be covered (no one with out coverage), cheaper that what was out there. Trump told us it was Medicare for all. The Rep went nuts and it went back for its first revision. Nothing since. Trump has no plan, never had a plan, and supported Medicare for all till a few years ago.

Yes that is all true. All should understand Trump has no idea what health care is he just tells all what he thinks will make them happy.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@easyed598 wrote:

So where is this" fabulous" new health care plan that Trump said "they were working on, coming shortly"?

That's America's question, EZ! 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
ShowΒ Β onlyΒ  | Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png