Message 1 of 40

@GailL1 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

@senior1941 

I don't see this as a right or left thing -

I didn't claim it was a right or left thing either.  Did you read the topic?  It's a tRump proposal. It's a tRump thing. Of course if the Right endorses it then that makes it a Right thing too.

See who I was replying to - you listed this "WHO" above.

Like I said ....... if those on the Right choose to endorse tRump's proposal then they make it a "Right thing". They become just as guilty as tRump.

Guilty of What?

Did you read my couple of informative replies to this thread -

Sometimes people get set off just by a headline - a headline that means nothing when the actual rule and purpose to the rule is investigated.

I think more of those here should do some of their own investigating and stop being a herd of sheep being lead by something that you don't investigate.

What's wrong with making the program rules more equal by state?

Let's say that you have a family of 4 aming $ 50,000 per year and another of the same in a different state the same.  In one state they are given a $ 10,000 heating/cooling credit which gets to the eligibility level and they receive $ 300 per month in food stamps.  The other family in the other state gets a $ 4000 healting/cooling credit for the computation - they get NO food stamps.

This is over-simplification but this last rule proposal only even out this type of criteria - perhaps both families get a $ 7000 heat/cool credit towards eligibility.

Personally, I think they should keep ALL the paperwork and use the actual numbers - but we can't ask them to do that - WHY?????

You can call it equal if you want. The fact is that millions will lose food stamps that need them.

Only Thing Man Learns From History Is Man Learns Nothing From History
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: tRump Proposal = Millions Losing Food Stamps - SNAP

Message 2 of 40

Trump administration proposal could cause millions to lose food stamps

Got to keep your priorities straight.

Billionaires need tax cuts.

Poor people are to fat anyway, and if children go to bed hungry that will teach them poverty sucks, and that will make them stronger. 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 40

@GailL1 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

@senior1941 

I didn't claim it was a right or left thing either.  Did you read the topic?  It's a tRump proposal. It's a tRump thing. Of course if the Right endorses it then that makes it a Right thing too.

Like I said ....... if those on the Right choose to endorse tRump's proposal then they make it a "Right thing". They become just as guilty as tRump.

Guilty of What?

Sometimes people get set off just by a headline - a headline that means nothing when the actual rule and purpose to the rule is investigated.

I think more of those here should do some of their own investigating and stop being a herd of sheep being lead by something that you don't investigate.

Let's say that you have a family of 4 aming $ 50,000 per year and another of the same in a different state the same.  In one state they are given a $ 10,000 heating/cooling credit which gets to the eligibility level and they receive $ 300 per month in food stamps.  The other family in the other state gets a $ 4000 healting/cooling credit for the computation - they get NO food stamps.

This is over-simplification but this last rule proposal only even out this type of criteria - perhaps both families get a $ 7000 heat/cool credit towards eligibility.

Personally, I think they should keep ALL the paperwork and use the actual numbers - but we can't ask them to do that - WHY?????

Here is what is wrong with making rules equal by State. Sadly they will go to the least cost, and in Reb. States the aim would be to end any and all programs that help the poor. In health care we see Reb. States answer as let them die in the streets. The main problem is Trump in all of this, and ending Dictator Trumps run as President is job number one. Job number 2 is to end the far right Reb. destroying states then we can get back to solving problems of the USA.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 40

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

@senior1941 

Guilty of What?

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 40

@JANMB wrote:

Sticker shocks due to Trump's tariff war  on food and other items are going to affect the less economically fortunate.   The   “greatest and biggest deal ever” doesn’t actually appear to have any basis in reality.     Which is another way of saying it sure sounds like Trump  lied about negotiations with China, again. 

The lack of good nuitrition can extend to poor healthcare and suffering.   If the GOP is only concerned about money....the cost of healthcare for everyone else will rise  cause of the ones who cannot pay.    

The USA is a third world country due to republican domestic and foreign policies.    Let's not fool ourselves.....we are hitting bottom in moral values.  

All part of MAGA !!!!!  Yep, making America great again for the wealthiest.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 40

@GailL1 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

@senior1941 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 40

Sticker shocks due to Trump's tariff war  on food and other items are going to affect the less economically fortunate.   The   “greatest and biggest deal ever” doesn’t actually appear to have any basis in reality.     Which is another way of saying it sure sounds like Trump  lied about negotiations with China, again. 

The lack of good nuitrition can extend to poor healthcare and suffering.   If the GOP is only concerned about money....the cost of healthcare for everyone else will rise  cause of the ones who cannot pay.    

The USA is a third world country due to republican domestic and foreign policies.    Let's not fool ourselves.....we are hitting bottom in moral values.  

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 40

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

@senior1941 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 40

@Olderscout66 wrote:

No one should be surprised at the tRump plot to take food away from millions of poor people - doing egregious and totally unnecessary harm to poor people is the ONLY think he's actually accomplished in the last 3 years. The only question is whether or not his minions mismanaging the Dept of Agriculture made sure most of the victims would be not white.

IMPEACH, REMOVE, JAIL,

REPEAT with Pence, Pompeo, Perry and Rudy fopr starters.

An excellent formula for draining the swamp!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 40

@senior1941 wrote:

Wealth and poverty are "relative" terms.  If all the people in America were ranked by wealth, and then represented in a frequency distribution, we would have a graph (the old familiar "bell shaped curve"); those on the left side could be thought of as poor, those on the right side could be thought of as wealthy, and that person in the middle could be thought of as "middle-class".

All Americans, whether poor, middle-class, or wealthy, need food, clothing, shelter, medical care, transportation, emergency services, entertainment.  We all need basic stuff.

Our society/culture is based mostly on money.  Those on the right side, the wealthy, have more money than is needed to provide all the basic stuff of "life, liberty, happiness".  Those on the left side do not have enough to cover all the basic stuff.

Money needs to be shifted from the right side of the frequency distribution to the left side.  Not all of the excess money, just enough so that everyone on the left side has all the basic stuff.  Those on the right side will still have excess money; they can fondle it, count it, smell it, compute it, ruminate about it, just as they probably do now.

But those on the left side will have the "life, liberty, happiness thing".

It's that simple, folks.

Yet Republicans continually want to "shift" more money from the struggling left to the over flowing with wealth right!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards.

Solve your favorite crosswords on AARP Games to earn AARP Rewards points. Try your hand at the Daily Crossword, the Mini Crossword, and Let’s Crossword, the new member game you can play with family and friends. Play Now.

Top Authors