Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: tRump Proposal = Millions Losing Food Stamps - SNAP

Message 11 of 40

@KidBoy2 wrote:
ManicProgressive posted..

But but but.....we have to stop helping the poor so we can help the rich.....

==============================================================

We do...says who?

...... Says Trump and his Republican bandits who take away money from the poor and middle class to give more money to the already wealthy!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 40

@GailL1 wrote:

@senior1941 

I don't see this as a right or left thing -

I didn't claim it was a right or left thing either.  Did you read the topic?  It's a tRump proposal. It's a tRump thing. Of course if the Right endorses it then that makes it a Right thing too.

"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 40

@KidBoy2 wrote:
He's trying to pay for all of his golf trips by cutting food stamps. tRump supporters should like that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link please!

The link is at the bottom of the article I posted. Do the math KidBoy 2 ..... what tRump has spent on golf vacations (paid for with taxpayer money) is equal to over 250 times his yearly salary. tRump has to pay for it somehow, like cuts in food stamps, taking them away from needy children

"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 40

@senior1941 

I don't see this as a right or left thing - it is a program that helps a few people for a long period because they cannot help themselves - the low income elderly, the disabled.

It helps others in situational / circumstantial problems - at a state level (natural disasters), federal level (state of the economy), personal level - some intermittant thing that has a beginning and an end - perhaps a job loss, an illness or injury, even a  self-employed business failure.

In hard times, we have safety programs that people can use to get back on their feet.  SNAP, Unemployment, housing programs - designed with eligibility standards.  Once that eligibility standard has been reached and gone over - they relinquish these (whatever) helping hand benefits when their life gets better so that others who are going thru their calamity can have the benefit. 

SNAP eligibility criteria was loosened during the Great Recession - we do not have a recession any longer so we can modify the eligibility criteria. 

And actually with this specific rule change, it actually is only standardizing the formula more from state to state and will allow more needy people in some states to get the benefit while others in another state to either get less or none depending upon their income, family size and utility cost - energy cost are also down - that is used in the eligibility formula.

Sounds like you are a believer in Karl Marx's statement of the creed in the Critique of the Gotha Program - From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 40

An answer? The answer according to trump seems to be taking support and help away from those who need it. 
trump's answer is to enact cruelty and show no compassion...that type of leadership is only shown by dictators...

guess who wants to be a dictator!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 40

@Moscow45 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

All should keep in mind Trump is doing things like this to every program, and every part of the Fed. Govt. He is hurting all of us and we do not even know it. It will take the next President 4 years to sort all this out and correct it, and that is why there will be no big programs started in the next 4 years. Trump must go in 2020.

Trump started the space force and now we are on track to get to Mars before 2024.

You are aware that Trump's Space Force doesn't have a thing to do with space exploration, aren't you?

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 40

@KidBoy2 wrote:
senior1941 posted..

Money needs to be shifted from the right side of the frequency distribution to the left side. Not all of the excess money, just enough so that everyone on the left side has all the basic stuff. Those on the right side will still have excess money; they can fondle it, count it, smell it, compute it, ruminate about it, just as they probably do now.

But those on the left side will have the "life, liberty, happiness thing".

It's that simple, folks.

=============================================================

We have government that takes care of the poor with many programs.

We have the graduated income tax ... Reported Income Increased and Taxes Paid Decreased in 2016
Top 1% Top 5%
Income Taxes Paid ($ millions) $538,257 $839,898
Share of Total Income Taxes Paid 37.32% 58.23%
Income Split Point $480,804 $197,651
Average Tax Rate 26.87% 23.49%

Do they pay enough...I say no, they could pay more and we could do away with some deductions.

With all the safety networks ...Federal, State, Local Government programs plus food banks I do not see why anyone should go hungry. Many do not know how to get help as to how to use programs...that is a problem and I do not have a answer..do you?

Do you really think that the taxes paid figure for the top 1%, and 5% are good. You forgot to cover all the deductions they take both legal and illegal which lowers their income quite a bit. Go look at some of the Trump deductions on the business returns that are out there. Why do you think he does not want to release his tax returns. It will show all his deductions and there is a good chance he paid zero, or had a carry forwarded. If you think the  numbers you gave us are true I have a bridge to sell you.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 40
senior1941 posted..

Money needs to be shifted from the right side of the frequency distribution to the left side. Not all of the excess money, just enough so that everyone on the left side has all the basic stuff. Those on the right side will still have excess money; they can fondle it, count it, smell it, compute it, ruminate about it, just as they probably do now.

But those on the left side will have the "life, liberty, happiness thing".

It's that simple, folks.

=============================================================

We have government that takes care of the poor with many programs.

We have the graduated income tax ... Reported Income Increased and Taxes Paid Decreased in 2016
Top 1% Top 5%
Income Taxes Paid ($ millions) $538,257 $839,898
Share of Total Income Taxes Paid 37.32% 58.23%
Income Split Point $480,804 $197,651
Average Tax Rate 26.87% 23.49%

Do they pay enough...I say no, they could pay more and we could do away with some deductions.

With all the safety networks ...Federal, State, Local Government programs plus food banks I do not see why anyone should go hungry. Many do not know how to get help as to how to use programs...that is a problem and I do not have a answer..do you?
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 40

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Trump administration proposal could cause millions to lose food stamps

I hope that does not happen.

FWIW....Our local food bank is a big organization with a large paid staff. They are advertising for more people to use the food bank .. job security? The director makes 80k a year.

That said I give money every month to our state food bank, the Salvation Army, American Red Cross, and the Poverello Shelter. I also at times give to other causes.

The far right always tells us that, but hunger does not decrease so it looks like that system does not work, How about we bring govt in to do the job and you pay higher taxes and stop giving to a system that does not work. I am sure you agree that makes more sense.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 40

We have full employment because so many people stopped looking for work.

The notion that all who WANT to work can find a job is GOPerTripe - thanks to the Republican-fueled opioid crisis, entirely too many otherwise honest Americans cannot pass a drug text and thanks to Republicans  ignoring the military they sent to endless war and came home with PTSD, around half the homelesss are VETS.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors