Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 21 of 25

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Unfortunately speaking, a National health care system is not in the near future for the US.  the first step towards that would have been Obamacare but this program failed to realize that a system that does not include all citizens cannot prevail.
The minute that you have people that say, "I don't want the government to tell me what to do" nothing can be done in regard to a National Health care system
also the insurances and their lobbys would see that politicians don't approve it. and the Pharmaceuticals have a lot to loose if the Government tries to contain their costs and profits.
I have the feeling that we are going back to what we had in 2008

It may be closer than you think. Obamacare was designed to fail in order to pave the way for socialize medicine (aka single payer). It is failing so things might be right on course.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 25

Leave it up to CONservatives and this country will never progress. The 1% and more especially the  .1% keep getting richer and richer at the expense of the 99%. $Billions$ are made in the health care industry and a national health care plan would cut into these profits. Don't expect CONservatives to ever support anything that does that.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 25

Unfortunately speaking, a National health care system is not in the near future for the US.  the first step towards that would have been Obamacare but this program failed to realize that a system that does not include all citizens cannot prevail.
The minute that you have people that say, "I don't want the government to tell me what to do" nothing can be done in regard to a National Health care system
also the insurances and their lobbys would see that politicians don't approve it. and the Pharmaceuticals have a lot to loose if the Government tries to contain their costs and profits.
I have the feeling that we are going back to what we had in 2008

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 25

What,if anything, is AARP doing to advance single-payer (Medicare for all)?

I don't know, but people are talking about Medicare for All on the boards.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views
Replies

single-payer

Message 25 of 25

What,if anything, is AARP doing to advance single-payer (Medicare for all)?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors