Honored Social Butterfly

rump Backs Off Attacking Cultural Sites

"I like to obey the law....."  ROTFLMAO

Image result for rotflmao gif

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Super Contributor

I believe in saving American lives more than I do "cultural sites".  Where can I get a copy of the actual list of cultural sites ( that never were comprimised ) ?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@DanielA231577 wrote:

I believe in saving American lives more than I do "cultural sites".  Where can I get a copy of the actual list of cultural sites ( that never were comprimised ) ?

I am sure that Goole may help and prov ide you with an answr

no name
Esteemed Social Butterfly

IMPOTUS: "I will say this, if Iran does anything that it shouldn't be doing, they're going to be suffering the consequences and very strongly."

Interesting to see what those 'strong consequences' are, now that Iran has launched missiles at the U.S. in Iraq.  That surely was something it shouldn't be doing.  Not sure what IMPOTUS has the stomach for; he's backed down before, even at the last minute after issuing similar tweets/threats.

Honored Social Butterfly

MsStretch:   Not sure what IMPOTUS has the stomach for; he's backed down before, even at the last minute after issuing similar tweets/threats.

I think it might dawn on IMPOTUS that starting a war with Iran may be a bad strategy for winning in November. Now he'll have to find a way of backing down without looking like a complete wimp (which he is).

Super Contributor

I don't think they actually wanted a war. If it came down to it , then maybe. It is a tactic that is quite often used globally as a deterrant. Nothing new to any President of the U.S.A.  And nothing new to other leaders around the globe.  It is a primary reason that Iran wants nukes. Same for Little rocket man in N. Korea. China has them. Russia has them. Many others. It puts the fear that if you shoot us , we shoot you back. If you don't, and you let them cross that red line without action, they will act like bullies and walk all over you. If President Trump let the Bagdad Embassy turn into a President Obama Benghazi we would have  dead U.S. personnel and perhaps a hostage situation like with President Carter.  Lessons to be learned... from history.

0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

@DanielA231577 wrote:

I don't think they actually wanted a war. If it came down to it , then maybe. It is a tactic that is quite often used globally as a deterrant. Nothing new to any President of the U.S.A.  And nothing new to other leaders around the globe.  It is a primary reason that Iran wants nukes. Same for Little rocket man in N. Korea. China has them. Russia has them. Many others. It puts the fear that if you shoot us , we shoot you back. If you don't, and you let them cross that red line without action, they will act like bullies and walk all over you. If President Trump let the Bagdad Embassy turn into a President Obama Benghazi we would have  dead U.S. personnel and perhaps a hostage situation like with President Carter.  Lessons to be learned... from history.

It is common courtesy to include who you are replying to.

As far as what you posted.  We seem to be the ones who escalated the tensions when we backed out of the deal.  What we should have learned from history is that when you renege on a deal, it becomes harder for somebody else to trust you.  In this case we kept pushing them further into a corner when all they wanted was for us to honor the agreement.  What we should have learned from history is that by honoring the agreement and helping open their country up to the rest of the world, their people would have been happier and want more freedoms and a less oppressive government, thereby causing government change from within.  By keeping them isolated, we are almost forcing their people to support their current leaders.  Your Benghazi reference is another straw man argument.

Honored Social Butterfly

soleimani-hit-2.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

soleimani-hit-7.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

soleimani-hit-1.jpg

Super Contributor

That's what the difference is between a democat and a Republican ! TRUMP 2020 !

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@DanielA231577 wrote:

That's what the difference is between a democat and a Republican ! TRUMP 2020 !

haha.jpg

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Fact check:

The Iran Deal - The U.S. made out financially better than Iran did.

In other words, Iran paid more money to the U.S. than that "pallet of cash" paid to Iran. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump did what he always always has done. When confronted he gives in, and he did that to Iran just as he has done all his life. The world knows that, and that is one reason the US is now looked at as a paper tiger named Trump. Why do you think the world leaders were making fun of him a month or so ago. Donald the fool.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

John wrote-Trump did what he always always has done. When confronted he gives in, and he did that to Iran just as he has done all his life. The world knows that, and that is one reason the US is now looked at as a paper tiger named Trump-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Typical liberal response.If he attack Iran he would be called a war monger .Not attacking Iran and now  he is called a paper tiger. Joe Biden is rubbing off on our posters.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@easyed598 wrote:

John wrote-Trump did what he always always has done. When confronted he gives in, and he did that to Iran just as he has done all his life. The world knows that, and that is one reason the US is now looked at as a paper tiger named Trump-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Typical liberal response.If he attack Iran he would be called a war monger .Not attacking Iran and now  he is called a paper tiger. Joe Biden is rubbing off on our posters.

The truth might hurt but you can not change it. Trump had 52 targets he was going to hit if Iran did anything. Well they did and what happened. Trump went silent then he held a press conif. and lied. Told us everything was ok. He even surprised Iran as they were looking for an attack and shot down a passenger plane by mistake. Trump caved as usual, and caused 187 people to die due to the Mob Boss in action. As the Reb. in Congress told us he had no plan, and his people gave the worst  explanation they ever heard. As we have been told Trump is surrounded by a group of people who are about 5th class as no person with real experience will work for him. Over the years Trump has destroyed everyone, and everything that gets near him, and he has been destroying this country for 3 years now.

Regular Contributor

EasyEd, I like to think of leftists as the most morally flexible group of folks I have ever seen. When birds do this sort of thing they call it murmuration, the whole flock changes flight direction all at once and within seconds they can do it again!! For the bird population it is instinctive, perhaps it is the same for leftists....

@writewing wrote:
EasyEd, I like to think of leftists as the most morally flexible group of folks I have ever seen. When birds do this sort of thing they call it murmuration, the whole flock changes flight direction all at once and within seconds they can do it again!! For the bird population it is instinctive, perhaps it is the same for leftists....

Actually, you are perfectly describing the Republican Party for at least the last three years.  The current party has distanced themselves from things Republicans used to consider important and were the reasons that I joined the Party in the first place.

Regular Contributor

As another example of leftist murmuration, they will alternatively accuse conservatives of acting like herd animals when we all happen to agree as many of us do on tax policy and then as a disorganized party when we happen to disagree as we often do on foreign policy. Both are usually used in a derogatory manner. My comments about leftists are simply based on unbiased observation.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

WRITEWING -----  Some FACTS you may not know....

The REAGAN's budget director DAVID STOCKMAN said that the Administration's across-the-board tax cut had been ''a Trojan horse'' to bring down the tax rates for the wealthy, ,   ( the GOP in 2020  now thinks the "trickle down "  still fools people....which it does .)    

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/steve-chapman/ct-column-trump-tax-cut-2017-chapman-20191220-p...
T RUMP TAX cut was also a gigantic  ….FRAUD....
Business investment in the United States, far from rising, has plunged this year. The huge reduction in corporate income tax rates, from 35% to 21%, has not had the irresistible incentive effect that it was supposed to. Job creation has chugged along at a steady pace over the past two years, with no discernible help from the tax changes. In the past two years, the U.S. economy has added fewer jobs than it did in the final two years of Obama’s presidency. In employment terms, the tax measure has been a nothing burger.   

So far the trillions haven’t materialized. re---the  tax law that  requires corporations to pay a one-time tax on profits that they’ve stowed abroad.   But they’re not required to bring the money back home, and many aren’t.
So the Trump administration is considering a rule change that would make it easier for American companies to stash money offshore to avoid U.S. taxes, despite the president’s repeated campaign promises to bring offshore cash back home.

0 Kudos

@writewing wrote:
As another example of leftist murmuration, they will alternatively accuse conservatives of acting like herd animals when we all happen to agree as many of us do on tax policy and then as a disorganized party when we happen to disagree as we often do on foreign policy. Both are usually used in a derogatory manner. My comments about leftists are simply based on unbiased observation.

You are acting like a herd animal if you are blindly regurgitating all of the talking points with putting in any critical thought.

BTW, I am a conservative and was a Republican for over 40 years (I just switched to being an Independent).  I originally became a Republican because of Government fiscal responsibility (no longer a concern), the Government staying out of your personal business (only if you want to toe the line on what freedoms are currently fashionable), equal treatment under the law (no longer fashionable in the party), smart spending of public funds and not wasting tax payer dollars (no longer desired by the party), belief in science (no longer) and being the Party of the better educated (not anymore) among other reasons. 

Your comments about "leftists" are actually extremely biased and show an in ability to think for yourself and form your own opinions, EXACTLY what you accuse the "other side" of doing. 

If we are going to grow as a Country, we need to get out of this ultra partisan hype and start realizing that not everything is black and white, in fact most are shades of grey.

Honored Social Butterfly

@sp362 wrote:

@writewing wrote:

You are acting like a herd animal if you are blindly regurgitating all of the talking points with putting in any critical thought.

BTW, I am a conservative and was a Republican for over 40 years (I just switched to being an Independent).  I originally became a Republican because of Government fiscal responsibility (no longer a concern), the Government staying out of your personal business (only if you want to toe the line on what freedoms are currently fashionable), equal treatment under the law (no longer fashionable in the party), smart spending of public funds and not wasting tax payer dollars (no longer desired by the party), belief in science (no longer) and being the Party of the better educated (not anymore) among other reasons. 

Your comments about "leftists" are actually extremely biased and show an in ability to think for yourself and form your own opinions, EXACTLY what you accuse the "other side" of doing. 

If we are going to grow as a Country, we need to get out of this ultra partisan hype and start realizing that not everything is black and white, in fact most are shades of grey.

Welcome to this boar, as yourself, I am a Republican. refuse to change parties.but not a Trump followers, I find them  that they don't particularly want to think in an unbiased manner, and i have found that they for whatever reasons, have left the moral values of the Republican Party and have adopted the morals of this President . Trump is the true representation of who they all are.

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Does anyone know what terrorsit do to cultural sites? 

They destroy  them and build a mosque on top of the debris. Common knowledge. When I went to the Church of the Nativity the palestinians hung pictures of Yasser Arafat and Islamic flags inside the church,  while holding AK47's.  

World heritage site in Jordan, Petra... muslims shot up the Treasury over the years. Now armed guards must protect it. 

No respect for anything. Imagine what they would do to the statue of liberty. 

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

Fishslayer:   Does anyone know what terrorsit do to cultural sites? 

Yes, they destroy them. That's like asking "does anyone know what serial killers do to people"?

I'll never get how the right thinks that by becoming as despicable as our enemies is a good plan. We are no better than they are when we do that.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Panjandrum wrote:

Fishslayer:   Does anyone know what terrorsit do to cultural sites? 

Yes, they destroy them. That's like asking "does anyone know what serial killers do to people"?

I'll never get how the right thinks that by becoming as despicable as our enemies is a good plan. We are no better than they are when we do that.

and the difference is? We won't. It's meant to remind the world how the Iranians care little about "the rules of engagement". 

Don't be obtuse

Honored Social Butterfly

Rules of engagement? Looks like Iran made a calculated response to trump's actions, with no loss of life...rational actions?...not by trump!

Honored Social Butterfly

William wrote-Rules of engagement? Looks like Iran made a calculated response to trump's actions, with no loss of life...rational actions?...not by trump!-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Iran mullah made a calculated response all right . Probably decided he didn`t to be reduced to a ring finger .LOL

Honored Social Butterfly

Iran seemed to show some common sense...trump certainly doesn't by sanctioning the assassination. And after pulling out of the existing nuclear agreement he wants to start another one. He demeans NATO and wants them to help straighten out his mess. He berates the Intelligence community and now wants info from them...and putin is smiling with great satisfaction!

trump is a flaming mess! And is destroying Our Country. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@williamb39198 wrote:

Iran seemed to show some common sense...trump certainly doesn't by sanctioning the assassination. And after pulling out of the existing nuclear agreement he wants to start another one. He demeans NATO and wants them to help straighten out his mess. He berates the Intelligence community and now wants info from them...and putin is smiling with great satisfaction!

trump is a flaming mess! And is destroying Our Country. 

The flame you speak has put the mullah butt on fire! The light of his fire flushes out those who run from the  truth. NATO (head) said they need to do more after the conversation with our president. 

The nuclear agreement was a quid pro quo bribery deal and Obama was played the fool. The Congress did not vote on it... it was illegal or at least no valid. 

$150,000,000,000 worth of bullets, bombs, rockets and hate. 

One dead murdering terrorist. It's like whack-a-mole. Next please. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Truth is...it was Iran's impounded money that Obama returned, it was not the USA's money that was given. 
Truth is...it was an assassination. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png