AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: re: outnumbered

Message 21 of 37
The new posters on this thread are very Trump like. Rn in, insult, tell us we arent fair if we respond and we need to shut up, and to agree with them.
and of course their posts just sound like the ones they complain about.
So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 37

@Epster wrote:

Seriously, people? This is how you greet a newbie-- by playing a game of Bop the Weasel on his head? Like the OP, I am disgusted with what goes on here on the political forum. There is no reason to abuse a person, especially a newb, who simply states his point of view. Fine, disagree, but do so respectfully. 

SMH, because I know that by sticking up for the newb (who will likely never even know) I am bringing down the wrath of this board upon myself. 

PS Nothing you post to or about me will bring a response. This is all I have to say, and I am departing this forum for kinder pastures ... 

I am not agreeing with things posted that I disagree with whether they are polsted by someone new or or anyone else. I insulted no one and am not insulting you. If you choose to depart from here I wish you luck, and that requires no response.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 37

rettlepj , I respect and thank your family's service to our Nation. I also respect your opinion , but do not agree with most of what our President Trump has done and stood for !!!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 37

Seriously, people? This is how you greet a newbie-- by playing a game of Bop the Weasel on his head? Like the OP, I am disgusted with what goes on here on the political forum. There is no reason to abuse a person, especially a newb, who simply states his point of view. Fine, disagree, but do so respectfully. 

SMH, because I know that by sticking up for the newb (who will likely never even know) I am bringing down the wrath of this board upon myself. 

PS Nothing you post to or about me will bring a response. This is all I have to say, and I am departing this forum for kinder pastures ... 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 37

rettlepj states "Thank you, President Trump! Maybe we have a chance to turn this country around."

I ask rettlepj - Will you be patting President Trump on the back after he breaks his promise and reduces your Social Security COLA and Voucherizes Medicare ??? Not to mention what he will do to future retirees because he wont ask his Wealthy Supporters to pay their fair share.

So many simple tweaks can be done to Strengthen both programs , BUT that would require raising the Cap to $250,000 and raising FICA .5 - 1%.FICA hasnt been raised in over 20 years. Look at how other taxes have skyrocketed during that period and this small increase would help our Senior's and Disabled " Survive With Dignity ".

President Trump " Promised " to honor and protect the current Social Security and Medicare and we shall see , but it aint looking too " Promising ". Trump hasn't mentioned one word about Social Security or Medicare since the election that I have seen !!!

rettlepj , I respect and thank your family's service to OUR Nation. I also respect YOUR opinion , but do not agree with most of what OUR President Trump has done and stood for !!!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 37

I couch-surfed, lived in the shelters, stood in line for soup kitchen meals and  hated life during the previous administration but knew it was not their fault but mine. I lost job, home, car and life as I knew it... in part due to offshore outsourcing of job, in part due to being stupid enough to think we (USA) were safe in our economy and believing in the previous administration (ya, that would be Bush/Republican).

Having recovered now know how to prevent in the future. Preventing people from joining us at work is not one way, nor is building a wall!

Are we communist Berlin?

TRUMP MUST GO NOW; WE WILL NO LONGER ABIDE THIS WEALTHY IDIOT!

#VegasStrong

#NeverTrump

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 37

Really? What happened? This person who is racist, bigoted, sexist and just plain mean person, who has given free rein to previously sane people to hurt others.

Seriously?

Good luck to you.

Buby

#VegasStrong

#NeverTrump

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 37

@rettlepj wrote:

Not at all! I find him rather refreshing! He's sure an improvement of the last disastrous 8 years! And, his children are proud examples of what we want for our youth!

Disastrous 8 years?  You must be one that was eating out of garbage cans, like the Republicans said we would.  Your whole  life must have changed.   Lost your home, no medical insurance, living in the streets.  Yeah that must be disastrous for you and your family.  I guess I was lucky, the last eight years was great.  Ate three square meals a day.  Didn't worry about health insurance or wars or losing my home.  Matter of fact I say a prayer every night thanking God  for what I did have the last 8 years.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 37

@rettlepj wrote:

What happened to the Age of Grace?

Thank you, President Trump! Maybe we have a chance to turn this country around.

The Age of Grace!!!

I think that ended when we got a President that:

(1) Gloats about grabbing women by the (alternate name for a cat).

(2) Says about the media that it doesn't matter what they write as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of (alternate name for posterior).

(3) Said, "I could have" when asked if he thought he could have "gotten"(meaning had sex with) Lady Diana.

(4) Says about his daughter, "My daughter has the best body", "My daughter is voluptuous" "If she wasn't my daughter, I'd be dating her". When asked what he and his daughter had in common.... he said he was going to say "SEX".

(5) Says that any woman who has had breast reduction is insane.

The Age of Grace ended when this PIG got into the White House with his NUDE model wife.

The only "turning around" this country is going to do under this guy is a downward spiral into oblivion.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 37

Retepj-- age of grace seems to have ended when the Obamas left office. The age of Nazism is here now, yeah thank you, Donald Trump.

RESPECT IS EARNED, BUT SO IS DISDAIN.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion: