Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: re: Mississippi ICE arrests

Message 21 of 36
Big poultry processors- folks like Tyson, in particular- are bad for people who live near their plants, and they are bad for the environment,

=========================================================

Tyson's connection with the Clinton's

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1994-06-12-mn-3410-story.html

Clinton Ties to Tyson Scion Still Drawing Critics’ Fire : Politics: Some allege Arkansan got special treatment from Agriculture, Commerce departments. He denies it.

Clinton Ties to Tyson Scion Still Drawing Critics’ Fire : Politics: Some allege Arkansan got special treatment from Agriculture, Commerce departments. He denies it.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 36

I promised  myself that I wasn't going to say one word about any of this. but, I guess that after seeing the media and the interpretation of many I feel that I have to say what is my opinion.
1.-There is a Senate bill passed in a bipartisan manner by the gang of eight a full comprehensive immigration bill that the  House has shelved for years. by the REpublican speakers, but now, I have not seen the Democrats also not saying a word about that   bill. that bill addresses all the ills of the present one and even has a path to citizenship.
2.- I have also seen the media manipulate all of us by touching our emotions and showing all of those pictures that make us  sad and really want to help all of those individuals but NOT one word about the fact that these people are undocumented aliens that have come to this country illegally. and that is also wrong and shoudn't be rewarded .
3.-All of this is the fault of both parties, Democrats and Republicans that have kicked the ball down the road and never bothered to fix this issue.
4.-The fact that the country needs about 700 immigration judges that will be able to deal with the backlog that exists today. so that the process can be fulfilled and deportations can be done, humanely and expeditiously.
5.- The fact as many have mentioned that no business owenr has ever been called, fined or anything when they hire undocumented workers,  for their own advantage.
If we are all apalled at what is hapening, bear in mind that no political party has ever done their job on this issue.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 36

I posted on this in another thread last evening. I thought ICE was after people who already had detainers on them, and could be deported, and ICE new they worked at the plants. How wrong I was.

The lead story on our local news was: ICE has requested from my State the ability  to use its data in the Workforce Management area on an ongoing basis. This data base has names of employers, employees and other info on employees. I assume this is what the State uses for Unemployment, Disability claim etc. ICE wanted to do a fishing job to see where they could make raids in my state like they did in MS. The dept. turned ICE down. ICE tried other people to get the OK and was turned down. Our Gov. released a letter she sent to ICE saying they will not get any information from the State.  I was never so proud of a Governor.

This means the State of MS helped ICE with  their raids and is just as guilty as ICE. As I have said before ICE is Trumps SS just like Hitler had. I now know why so many people were released the next day as ICE did a general round up based on names  from the State. How many American Citizens did they get. It was reported they attacked and beat up one American Citizen who was present and objected to the way they were acting.

Are all proud to be Americans today after we see kids (Babies on up) thrown into the streets. ICE said they told School Dist what they were going to do and they new who to call about kids. Is not that great in the land of the free and the brave. We are no better than Germany was under Hitler. We will hear our far right defend these acts of terror, and The EV Christians approve to tell us they have joined the far right branch. Lets hope and pray there are enough decent people to end this terror in 2020 by voting out Dictator TRUMP and all with an R behind their name.  No longer can anyone say PROUD TO BE AN American.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 36

Amazing isn’t, all of the immigrants who are stealing jobs from Americans...to process poultry or to produce our crops...jobs which white folks will not do!

More amazing is the confusion that the right tries to throw on this issue...they seem to conveniently forget that they need immigrants to do these jobs in order for the right wing to eat!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 36

@alferdpacker wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
EdM965653 posted...

Why didn't the stockholders and the big money people who profit from the poultry plants face any problems?

==========================================================

Are you sure that they did not or will not face charges?...they should.

The worst they will face is lowered production and a slight drop in profits...

Will the stockholders and big money face charges?

Of course not - between a  phalanx of lawyers, and treasonous tRump's corrupt DOJ, they won't have any problems...

I am smiling at your post. because that action will not even enter into the mind of any of them. It never has, Not ever an owner of a business has been fined in this country for hiring illegals. so why start now?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 36

The Corporate Oligarchs do not hire the workers, they use employment agencies which have no assets to seize. This is an obvious scam, but Republicans will never allow the scam to be outlawed because the GOPerLords make too much money expoiting undocumented workers and using them to hold down the wages of Americans.

SOLUTION: No more Republicans in positions of power to allow the scam to continue, begin jailing the Oligarchs and fining the shirts off their Corporations with especially monsterous fines and jail time for those who advertize in South and Central America encouraging the residents to come to America for a great job.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 36

@KidBoy2 wrote:
EdM965653 posted...

Why didn't the stockholders and the big money people who profit from the poultry plants face any problems?

The worst they will face is lowered production and a slight drop in profits...

Will the stockholders and big money face charges?

Of course not - between a  phalanx of lawyers, and treasonous tRump's corrupt DOJ, they won't have any problems...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 36

I'm sure President Trump will come down hard on the wealthy owners !!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 36
EdM965653 posted...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 36

Kudos
Views