Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: re: Mississippi ICE arrests

Message 1 of 36

@Olderscout66 wrote:

ICE was doing its job, and so were the undocumented workers who had been INVITED to come here by their employer via newspaper and magazine ads in their home countries. Come on !!!!  please, be real. let's not really start saying things that are not true.

The only Christian solution is to give green cards to all the immigrant workers who have no convictions for violent crimes and a citizenship test to their kids (who also have no violent crime convictions) on their 18th birthday. There is a bill that passed the Senater floor that provides a path to citizenship to illegals, and that as you know will provide green cards to all undocumented that apply. but no party has done anything about this.

Then 10 years in the slammer for anyone who places an ad such as I noted earlier and 20 for the CEO of any company that receives the labor from more than 5 undocumented workers at any one time. Again unrealistc solution to a very complex problem

Then we have no more illegal aliens (deport the violent criminals) and all the work the current batch of undocumented immigrants is doing still gets done by the now DOCUMENTED and totally LEGAL immigrants. Look,  we need a guest worker program, and also the laws that will allow undocumented to become documented if they qualify. that is a given, and that is what we need.

Of course, tRump and his worshipers won't have anybody to hate except the Hebrews which will please the Nazi wing of the GOP, and probably get donny nominated again, but not elected.   For a second, please let's take out Trump out of the equation and really become pragmatic about immigraton. We need a comprehensive immigration program, we need to deal with our immigration laws, we need to be able to follow up on overstayed visas, studen visas, and H1b visas. and to the present situation we need to be able to allow those undocumented that are here now, to be able to apply for green cards. and then, have laws that can be enforced in a humanitarian manner, and strong enforcment to deport those that do   not followe them Open borders is not the soulution.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 36

Image may contain: text

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 36

@KidBoy2 wrote:

@KidBoy2wrote:

MsStretch posted..

Don't really know if Clinton is still drawing fire since the LA Times story is from 24 years ago. Also, last I heard, he was no longer president.

========================================================

Ed brought up Tyson. It rang a bell.

Sorry, I did not know that was a time limit on news. What is YOUR limit ... 5 years? 1 year? What?

You're right. Impeach Bill Clinton!

Oh, wait.

=================================================

No answer, just another funny.

Speaking of answers. Still waiting to hear from you on whether you approve of the way ICE handled the raid yesterday, and what happened to the kids. Hope you heard on TV today about how trump handled this area in his businesses. He had a repair crew that did jobs at his various locations and they were illegals, and that was known when they were hired. Trump also hired illegals to do the cleaning, and service work at his properties. He brought illegal stone masons over years ago to do work on his buildings. Trump over the years broke the law in this area all the time. Should Trump face charges for breaking these laws also. No deflections now just answers. Should Trump get Orange.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 36

@KidBoy2wrote:

MsStretch posted..

Don't really know if Clinton is still drawing fire since the LA Times story is from 24 years ago. Also, last I heard, he was no longer president.

Sorry, I did not know that was a time limit on news. What is YOUR limit ... 5 years? 1 year? What?

You're right. Impeach Bill Clinton!

Oh, wait.

=================================================

No answer, just another funny.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 36

@KidBoy2 wrote:
John 258 posted..

ICE looked at the names of employees from the State of MS data base and selected the Hispanic ones and that is who they went after.

====================================================

And you can prove that?

It was done yesterday.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 36

Just for your info -  USCIS.gov - Employer Penalties

Employers have certain responsibilities under immigration law during the hiring process. The employer sanctions provisions, found in section 274A of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), were added by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). These provisions further changed with the passage of the Immigration Act of 1990 and the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRIRA) of 1996.

Perhaps the news and many politicians should review the Immigration law - just so they know.  From what I am hearing - many don't.

The link above shows the penalties to the employer both CIVIL and CRIMINAL depending upon what is discovered about their hiring habits in this regards.

Now how do they discover these violators -

IN GENERAL  this is how it is suppose to work -

Via  Audits and inspections - ICE.gov -07/24/2018 - Worksite Enforcement - ICE delivers more than 5,200 I-9 audit notices to busin...

States help in these audits:  for state employer, the states make tighter rules for employers to comply, meaning requiring all or some of them to use E-Verify.

Mainly by deciding which employers have to use E-Verify

In many states, the only employers that are required to use E-Verify are the ones that have state or federal contracts OR NONE at all. 

Society for Human Resource Management:  E-Verify Laws by State

NOTE - think this is more current than the PEW map shown below.

States may have to investigate and monitor an employer for a while in order to build a case.

Then they take action -

Yes, in those states that crack down on employment infractions of hiring undocumented - they do get fined - civil and sometimes criminal.  If they have any federal or state contracts - they lose them.

Here is one that comes to mind - a national company

USAToday 09/29/2017 - Tree company Asplundh to pay record fine for immigration practices

E-Verify helps in these audits and investigations - why do some states refuse to mandate the use of it for ALL employers????  RED or BLUE !

PEW Stateline - 04/27/2018 - E-Verify Immigrant Job Screening Is a Game of Chicken, Politics and Sta...

Georgia employers screen 94 percent of hires for unauthorized immigration, and two-thirds are screened in Arkansas and Delaware, but fewer than a third get screened even in some high-immigration states like California and Texas.

Screenshot_2019-08-09 E-Verify Immigrant Job Screening Is a Game of Chicken, Politics and State Laws(2).pngFrom the PEW link shown above

If this screen shot does not appear correctly - you can find the map at the Pew link

- haven't got the hang of posting these interactive maps yet.

If we want equality - we have to start somewhere - stop the exploitation of the undocumented especially in pay - by doing this, other unskilled workers (documented) might decide they want the job.  I am not just talking about big industries either - I am talking about any place where the undocumented are hired at a low rate.  That also includes the hospitality & personal care industry - all size of employers even down to the individual who might hire a nanny or a medicaid beneficiary who hires them for care with funds that come from Mediaid for HCBC.

Will it make what we have to pay for these products and services - everything from the new roof you put on your house, to perhaps your lawn care or the personal service you are receiving from them - SURE - how else could it be.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 36

@KidBoy2 wrote:

MsStretch posted..

You're right.  Impeach Bill Clinton!

Oh, wait...

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 36
Panjandrum asked..

You tell me, what is the connection? Ed says plants like Tyson make bad neighbors and Clinton among zillions of others knows Tyson. Still seems an irrelevant thing to me.

=====================================================

Searches related to tyson foods and the clintons
tyson and the clintons

clinton foundation

tyson foods corruption

tyson foods conspiracy

OK?

tyson foods controversy
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 36

KidBoy2:   Get the connection? 

You tell me, what is the connection? Ed says plants like Tyson make bad neighbors and Clinton among zillions of others knows Tyson. Still seems an irrelevant thing to me.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 36
John 258 posted..

ICE looked at the names of employees from the State of MS data base and selected the Hispanic ones and that is who they went after.

====================================================

And you can prove that?
Kudos
Views