From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "Why didn't they call the FBI years ago?"

Message 1 of 58

@CriticalThinking wrote:

"Can we agree that it really has nothing to do with the guilt or innocence of Kavanaugh or Ford."

I'm LOL. 

NO!

Does that mean that you do not believe that the Dems are trying to delay the nomination until after elections?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

"Why didn't they call the FBI years ago?"

Message 2 of 58

"Can we agree that it really has nothing to do with the guilt or innocence of Kavanaugh or Ford."

I'm LOL. 

NO!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 58

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And yet the germane point remains  - Suppose one of the Duke Lacrosse players is nominated for a federal appointment 20 years or so in the future, shall we have Crystal Mangum be invited to testify against him?? 

I see Ronald Reagan's daughter is now coming forward to talk about her sexual assault.  Looks like Ford is certainly helping women find their voice in fighting decades of sexual predators.  Personally, I think demonstrating to entitled high school boys that their sexual assaults will haunt them far into adulthood is a good thing but I am, kind of, a law and order guy. 

And the Duke Lacrosse guys ......... ??

Well there you go. A good, thorough FBI investigation can shoe innocence as well. So, let's have a good thorough FBI investigation.  You agree then? Or is there a reason conservatives do not not want an investigation? 

I do not recall the FBI investigating Crystal Mangum. Do you know otherwise?

As to who wants an investigation - I'm sure you understand that this entire episode is merely part of the Dems efforts to delay the confirmation in the hopes of having a different Senate after the elections. 

So, based on that - yes, Conservatives want the confirmation ASAP and the neoMarxists want it delayed. Can we agree that it really has nothing to do with the guilt or innocence of Kavanaugh or Ford.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 58

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

My point is this:  Many, many women (probably most women in fact) have some similar tale of  having been sexually assaulted or molested by some boy or man in their lifetime.  I feel confident in saying, most women/girls after having suffered such injuries never formally report or even share with anyone about those events.  Most women just bury those slights, assaults, injustices deep within and hope and trust that the next date or encounter with a man (whether known to them or a stranger) does not have the same outcome.  Believe me I am in no way excusing sexual assault or lessening the bad behavior of men who do such things.  Contrarily, I'm trying to make it clear that it is extremely widespread and far-reaching and that most incidents never see the light of day and most perpetrators never see the inside of a jail or court room.

Thsnks for clarifing.  I have said several times it would be good to have an example for high school boys that any sexual assault they commit as a teen will haunt them forever.  But then, I believe in law and order for all genders and classes. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 58

@Richva wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

If EVERY woman in America who ever was groped or assaulted by a boy or a man (be he lover, husband, friend, or stranger),  reported said incident to the FBI--each and every time, the FBI would not be able to handle the overflow of these complaints and would find itself buried in investigations and paperwork for y-e-a-r-s!!!

And truly, many men reading this right now, if they were honest with themselves, can think back to a time or incident wherein they crossed that line--when "no" was either not heard or respected.  

Think about it!

I am not sure of your point.  I certainly remember my (very) younger days and having no idea of how to deal with women.  I don't remember anything close to planned sexual assault with an accomplice though.  

I hope to God you are not using the "everybody did it back then" argument to excuse this action.  I suspect I am just not sure of your point. 

My point is this:  Many, many women (probably most women in fact) have some similar tale of  having been sexually assaulted or molested by some boy or man in their lifetime.  I feel confident in saying, most women/girls after having suffered such injuries never formally report or even share with anyone about those events.  Most women just bury those slights, assaults, injustices deep within and hope and trust that the next date or encounter with a man (whether known to them or a stranger) does not have the same outcome.  Believe me I am in no way excusing sexual assault or lessening the bad behavior of men who do such things.  Contrarily, I'm trying to make it clear that it is extremely widespread and far-reaching and that most incidents never see the light of day and most perpetrators never see the inside of a jail or court room.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 58

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And yet the germane point remains  - Suppose one of the Duke Lacrosse players is nominated for a federal appointment 20 years or so in the future, shall we have Crystal Mangum be invited to testify against him?? 

I see Ronald Reagan's daughter is now coming forward to talk about her sexual assault.  Looks like Ford is certainly helping women find their voice in fighting decades of sexual predators.  Personally, I think demonstrating to entitled high school boys that their sexual assaults will haunt them far into adulthood is a good thing but I am, kind of, a law and order guy. 

Well there you go. A good, thorough FBI investigation can shoe innocence as well. So, let's have a good thorough FBI investigation.  You agree then? Or is there a reason conservatives do not not want an investigation? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 58

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Why didn't they call the FBI years ago?"

Message 8 of 58

@mickstuder wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

JImC, I don't believe there's a category of sexual assault but no rape. The point is it certainly appears that it was attempted rape but was broken up by a 3rd party. Why would he attempt to remove her clothes if rape wasn't his goal? Here's a summary of the incident from FOX.

"She has accused Kavanaugh of pinning her to a bed during a house party in Maryland in the early 1980s, attempting to remove her clothes and putting his hand over her mouth when she tried to scream."

“I thought he might inadvertently kill me,” Ford said. “He was trying to attack me and remove my clothing.” She said she was able to escape when Mark Judge ....... jumped on top of them"

I would like to read the letter she wrote to Diane Fiensteine, unredacted.

If in fact she feared for her life, why would she not take that to the local police and file charges?

Probably for the same reason the GOP has had almost 30 years to learn about Sexual Assault & Rape and as everyone can see by the way they are handling this Hearing

They and She Didn't & Don't Know What They Were Doing - she was 15 - these White Men are 60+

Probably for the same reason there are No GOP Woman on the Senate Judiciary Committee in 2018

Womans are not valued or believed

It seems that the Democrats see "Sexual Assault & Rape" as no more than a political tool to be exploited (along with the woman) when the need arises.

As to you last comment, I personally do value and believe "womans" just as I do "mans" - to me they are all "peoples".

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 58

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 58

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Finished reading all of the posts for this thread. For a reality check...

Even as an older white make, I can say that I totally understand why any female not wanting to come foward with even truthful accusations. Why would you?

If law enforcement is not supportive, you are ridiculed, you are claimed to be confused, you are scorned by others, your life is threatened, your personal information is exposed, your attacker calls you a liar, older white men try to bully you, you ask for an investigation, you ask for a fair hearing, and you have taken a lie detector test. 

Why would any female of any age, including Ms. Ford come foward?

It’s the truth that matters! And that others will try to deny or create confusion. 

Let’s all listen. 

I don't think a lot of people understand - when you go to the Police and file a complaint - there is a record of that complaint - laws vary. by state but especially in todays digital age that complaint follows the victim through their life just like it follows the perp......available to be reviewed mostly in summary form by almost anyone - how many employers especially Male employers would see that complaint in a background check and not develop some bias - oh this woman is a trouble maker - she accuses guys of rape - few if any seek facts - they see a red flag and move on - this is just one more reason so many woman remain silent and do not come forward

Suppose one of the Duke Lacrosse players is nominated for a federal appointment 20 years or so in the future, shall we have Crystal Mangum be invited to testify against him??

As always - it's not all about you. That was a response to the words of @williamb39198

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors