Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "White Men are Greatest Terror Threat in US of A"

Message 171 of 177

When I read the posts here, I come to the conclusion that no WHITE men are welcome here.  Does that also mean that AARP does not want any WHITE males to join?  Does this hatred extend to WHITE females as well?  It is surprising that any group of people should be singled out this way, especially on a site that is supposed to represent all people regardless of sex or race.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 172 of 177

Wow, I am astounded at the number of people who are defending white males.    Have you missed all the condescending comments they have made about women and non-whites ( including all the dog whistles).  

I listened to a Cruz / Beto campaign and Ted could not answer any question without at least one and usually multiple dog whistles in his 'response".     That was not just my opinion,  one person in my precinct said that she listens to GOP radio station and the Republican listeners / commenters on that station all agreed that Ted sounded like an angry White Male.     Maybe that is why there are huge 8' x 10' signs that say Republicans for Beto posted around town.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 173 of 177

@rker321 wrote:

As far as I am concerned, the testosterone of while males is equal in all races.  so, I doubt seriously that while males are better or worse than any other race.

They act the same, and treat women according to their upbringing.  So, I would not generalize as to what while males do or don't do. and compare them with any males in any other race.

Then please show or name the terrorist acts committed in the United states by other than white males in the past two years or even longer. Keep in mind that terrorist acts such as the pipe bombs or the recent mass shooting increased by 38% in 2016 and increased by 58% during this last year.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 174 of 177

@rker321 wrote:

As far as I am concerned, the testosterone of while males is equal in all races.  so, I doubt seriously that while males are better or worse than any other race.

They act the same, and treat women according to their upbringing.  So, I would not generalize as to what while males do or don't do. and compare them with any males in any other race.

How many domestic terror attacks have there been here in the US in the last 2 years since trump has been elected?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 175 of 177

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 176 of 177

He seems to have missed several descriptive adjectives in his conclusion comment and so did you in your heading of this thread.  Details are extremely important when discussing or posting comments on something with a racial connotation.  You are implying that all white men are in this category by your title. 

BTW, the dates are wrong that you quoted - the study began on SEPTEMBER 12, 2001 NOT September 11, 2001 because that would have changed the numbers drastically and probably drawn another conclusion to Far-right, radical Islamic males.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

"White Men are Greatest Terror Threat in US of A"

Message 177 of 177

CNN's Don Lemon doubles down on claim that white men are 'the biggest terror threat'

Don Lemon appears to have missed Wednesday's memo from CNN brass saying that neither he nor network would be commenting any further on his claim that white men are the biggest terrorist threat to America.

On Monday, during an on-air discussion with colleague Chris Cuomo about the migrant caravan, Lemon said white men, particularly on the far-right, are the biggest threat to our country. 

"We keep thinking that the biggest terror threat is something else – some people who are marching toward the border like it’s imminent,” Lemon commented. “The last time they did this, a couple hundred people came and they, most of them didn’t get into the country. Most of them got tuckered out before they made it to the border.”

He cited several studies, including a 2017 investigation by the Office of Government Accountability which looked at every act of domestic terrorism between Sept. 11, 2001, and December 31, 2016, and found that the majority of domestic terrorism is propagated by right-wing extremists.

"Even though more people died in attacks by Islamic extremists (119 vs 106), the vast majority of deadly attacks in this country from 2001 to 2016 (62 vs. 23) were carried out by far-right violent extremists," Lemon said of the findings.

He concluded, "So people who are angry about what I said are missing the entire point. We don't need to worry about people who are thousands of miles away. The biggest threats are home-grown."

CNN's Don Lemon doubles down on claim that white men are 'the biggest terror threat'

As a white male, I say, "Right on Don!  You nailed it!"  Some just can't/don't want to admit the obvious.

Does that trouble anyone?  GOOD!  Do something about it.  YOU are part of the majority demographic....you can effect change within your own demographic.  Quit tolerating the hate in your own circle and what you hear outside your circle!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors