Honored Social Butterfly

"Unite the Right" - Hate Mongers Head to VA TODAY!

More evidence the so-called Right embrace racism and hate mongering even though most Conservatives here remain in denial.

Unite The Right Rally in Charlottesville This Saturday

(CNN)Charlottesville, known as a progressive college town, is bracing for another white nationalist rally scheduled for Saturday.

Police anticipate as many as 2,000 to 6,000 people, including counterprotesters, to converge in the Virginia city, in an event that could be "the largest hate-gathering of its kind in decades in the United States," as described by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

So how did Charlottesville, which previously has been of little interest to white nationalists, become the rallying ground for what appears to be the third such event in the city this year?

Saturday's "Unite the Right" event would bring white nationalists, neo-Confederates and alt-right activists to the statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee at Emancipation Park, which had recently been renamed from Lee Park.

The same park was the site of a May demonstration in which a group carried torches led by white nationalist Richard Spencer around the Lee statue to protest its removal.

In July, a Ku Klux Klan rally in Charlottesville drew about 50 Klan members and supporters who gathered around a statue of Confederate Lt. Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson.
The historic city, home of Thomas Jefferson and the University of Virginia, has become the latest Southern battleground over the contested removal of Confederate monuments.
  Why Charlottesville?

Like many cities, Charlottesville has grappled with what to do with its Confederate monuments -- symbols of the Civil War that represent heritage to some, hate to others.

In April, the city council voted to remove the bronze statue of Lee, CNN affiliate WVIR reported. It was one of several steps Charlottesville is taking to reduce its Confederate monuments. The removal is on hold pending litigation.

The city became an ideal protest site for white nationalists.

"This entire community is a very far left community that has absorbed these cultural Marxist principles advocated in college towns across the country, about blaming white people for everything," said Jason Kessler, who organized the "Unite the Right" rally.

Kessler, a Charlottesville resident, blames what he calls "the anti-white hatred that's coming out of the city."

Although other cities such as New Orleans, St. Louis and Austin have contended with the Confederate monuments issue, it is Charlottesville where the rallies are happening.

"Charlottesville has kind of been put on the map recently," Mayor Mike Signer said last month. "We want to change the narrative by telling the true story of race through public spaces. That has made us a target for groups that hate that change and want to stay in the past, but we will not be intimidated."

being_an_ignorant_bigot_is_a_choice_t_shirt-r59b7eb7ce5cb4704b39446f589450ee7_k2grd_324.jpgdeport_all_the_bigots_bumper_sticker-r86dcdf79f6c6478c8975527fe0950acd_v9wht_8byvr_324.jpg

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

The entire theme of some here is extreme dislike for anyone not agreeing with their partisan views.  No Tex, that's your whine; it's not "the theme" here.  Many disagree with posters, yet very few whine about it.

In my opinion accepting that everyone has a right to their own opinion....and not whining about it when someone disagree's.....

You're not whinning about other's posts?  That is exactly you are doing about mine if you claim I am.

What are you doing in your second sentence if not whining about my opinion?  That is usual for your posts....whining about the person and not the posts.  Can you ever post without making it about others?

Again, the decider?   Have a good day...

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

The entire theme of some here is extreme dislike for anyone not agreeing with their partisan views.  No Tex, that's your whine; it's not "the theme" here.  Many disagree with posters, yet very few whine about it.

In my opinion accepting that everyone has a right to their own opinion....and not whining about it when someone disagree's.....

You're not whinning about other's posts?  Nope, pointing out the lie's and dishonesty. That is exactly (sic) you are doing about mine if you claim I am.  Wrong.  Just providing my opinion of the attacks.   

What are you doing in your second sentence if not whining about my opinion? My second sentence ----> "Many disagree with posters, yet very few whine about it."   Pointing out the obvious....and zero "whine"   Whine?  Here's an example  ------> The entire theme of some here is extreme dislike for anyone not agreeing with their partisan views.   That is usual for your posts....whining about the person and not the posts.  Can you ever post without making it about others?  It's easy to see who attacks posters....one can tell by the use of the word "you", and the incessant questions that when answered, are ignored.

Again, the decider?   Yes, the decider of what I'm responding to....thanks for asking.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

You're not whinning about other's posts?  Nope, pointing out the lie's and dishonesty. That is exactly (sic) you are doing about mine if you claim I am.  Wrong.  Just providing my opinion of the attacks.   

What are you doing in your second sentence if not whining about my opinion? My second sentence ----> "Many disagree with posters, yet very few whine about it."   Pointing out the obvious....and zero "whine"   Whine?  Here's an example  ------> The entire theme of some here is extreme dislike for anyone not agreeing with their partisan views.   That is usual for your posts....whining about the person and not the posts.  Can you ever post without making it about others?  It's easy to see who attacks posters....one can tell by the use of the word "you", and the incessant questions that when answered, are ignored.

Again, the decider?   Yes, the decider of what I'm responding to....thanks for asking.

Yep - I too am my own "decider" who always has and always will make up my own mind free of influences from Alt-Right perverts, bigots, racists, nazis, deep-in-the-closet-KKK sympathisers and others who - IMO - just plain suck.

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Nope, pointing out the lie's and dishonesty. 

That depends on the beholder.   Of course we all can't be as perfect as someone here apparently believes he is. 

But then again as another poster has suggested perhaps you should start a specific topic about me since you seem to be doing a lot of that lately?

So why don't you just have a good afternoon?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

That depends on the beholder.   Of course we all can't be as perfect as someone here apparently believes he is. 

But then again as another poster has suggested perhaps you should start a specific topic about me since you seem to be doing a lot of that lately?

Thank you for posting. Robot LOL

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@alferdpacker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Thank you for posting. Robot LOL

LMAO....it's amazing, A.P. what some think are worthy, intelligent contributions to a topic....it's just shake your head in disgust worthy....

anderson-cooper-surprised-shake-head.gif

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@MIseker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

All I see is them attacking the Left, REAL Americans, REAL Patriots and those attacking those who support HATE.

And you edit your post to insult someone who voiced their opinion?  An opinion that is contrary to yours, and you attempt to say that those like that are not REAL AMERICANS, or PATRIOTS?  A patriot is one who served their country, so can you say you qualify?

And in reference to one of your post you mention extremism.  Would you say that those comments of yours is extremism?

Pretty tight in your definition of a Patriot there Tx. You basically said I'm not a patriot because I was never in the military, and all non military back grounds cannot be patriots. Care to amend that little slip or do we go on from there?

I agree Mlseker. Implying that the only patriots are those who served in the military is ludicrous and could be taken as an attack on those who never served in the military.

A patriot is (according to Webster):   "a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and it's interests".  There are many ways to "support" and/or "defend" besides being in the military.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

All I see is them attacking the Left, REAL Americans, REAL Patriots and those attacking those who support HATE.

And you edit your post to insult someone who voiced their opinion?  Wrong again....I haven't edited a post to insult anyone.  The positions some here have taken are self-insulting....

An opinion that is contrary to yours,  I love differing opinions, but I'll never change political parties over it.  and you attempt to say that those like that are not REAL AMERICANS, or PATRIOTS?  I haven't seen any of those you feel were insulted post anything patriotic or pro-American.  But thanks for asking.

A patriot is one who served their country, so can you say you qualify?  Not surisingly, you have a VERY limited and self-serving definition of patriot.  Let me help you out.  According to Merrium-Webster, a patriot is....

a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors.

I don't think White-Nationalists, the KKK and those who embrace them are "patriots", do you?  I think they are enemies and detractors.

And in reference to one of your post you mention extremism.  Would you say that those comments of yours is extremism?  Which one(s) specifically?  I note you are continually unable to be specific as to what you find that I've posted that is extreme.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Where's the patriotism is anything you've posted?  Is there any Christian like words in what you've posted?

Are we discussing patriotism or attempts to remove statues that a locality chooses to erect?  And I don't recall that we were discussing religion, it seems to be a desparate attempt to come out on top in a discussion?  Is that all you can offer?

What does religion have to do with these statues?   Or any memorial statue?  That is some desparate attempt to get one's way.   Again, why did you insert religion into this discussion if not an attempt to denigrate another poster?

Now you bring in REAL AMERICANS?  What makes a REAL American?  When did you become qualified to say who is a REAL American?  Or a REAL PATRIOT?  I believe I have as much right to claim both with my background.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Where's the patriotism is anything you've posted?  Is there any Christian like words in what you've posted?

Are we discussing patriotism or attempts to remove statues that a locality chooses to erect?  I'm discussing a racist group that identifies with Conservatives and those who attack those who point out the simple facts.  I couldn't careless about the statues.  But thanks for asking.

And I don't recall that we were discussing religion, it seems to be a desparate attempt to come out on top in a discussion?  Is that all you can offer?  Of course that's how you look at it,....it's nothing new.  It's what CINO's do.  You choose to ignore the hate group, which you support because they, like you, want to keep statues, was also chanting anti-semetic slogans.

What does religion have to do with these statues?  This topic isn't about statues....it's about a hate group, that you support, aligning with Conservatives.  Maybe should create your own topic about statues and you can rant as you wish.  Or any memorial statue?  That is some desparate attempt to get one's way.   Again, why did you insert religion into this discussion if not an attempt to denigrate another poster?  Because most Christians call out hate and bigotry, right?  None here have....SHOCKING!!!

Now you bring in REAL AMERICANS?  What makes a REAL American?  Those who support the Constitution, which includes equal rights for all races and religions, and here I assumed you'd know that.  My bad. When did you become qualified to say who is a REAL American? The day I was first able to talk.  Ever hear of the First Amendment?  Or a REAL PATRIOT?  The day I was first able to talk.  Ever hear of the First Amendment?  I believe I have as much right to claim both with my background. Yes, you do, and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with your background other than being an American.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Because most Christians call out hate and bigotry, right?  None here have....SHOCKING!!!

So in other words, now you are saying that anyone who is a Christian is bigoted and filled with hatred?  That's a wide generalization.   As another poster says, have you proof of that allegation?  And we still haven't established about what religion has to do with this topic. 

So what are you wanting to discuss?  Being a Christian....are you more aware than anyone on the topic?   Or being a REAL AMERICAN...you an authority on that?    Or a REAL PATRIOT? 

That is what is shocking.  Could you also say that one who served their country isn't a REAL AMERICAN?   You seem to be the authority of such matters.

I thought I'd leave the topic, but it is getting far out... 

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Because most Christians call out hate and bigotry, right?  None here have....SHOCKING!!!

So in other words, now you are saying that anyone who is a Christian is bigoted and filled with hatred?  LOL!  It's funny how you attempt to distort anothers words and put it in a question.  Completely dishonest!!!   That's a wide generalization.  One no one made, but you!!!  As another poster says, have you proof of that allegation? I don't need to prove your dishonest characterization of what I posted, Tex. And we still haven't established about what religion has to do with this topic. Yes, I did....you chose to ignore it.  The group you support because they don't want a statue removed were chanting anti-semetic slogans.

So what are you wanting to discuss?  Being a Christian....are you more aware than anyone on the topic?   Or being a REAL AMERICAN...you an authority on that?    Or a REAL PATRIOT?  It's clear in the topic, Tex.  One person is dead because of the group you support.  Are you OK with that?

That is what is shocking.  Could you also say that one who served their country isn't a REAL AMERICAN?  When they don't support the Constitution, including equal rights for those of different races and different religions, I don't think they are REAL AMERICAN's....certainly others can.  IMO, REAL AMERICAN's aren't bigots.  But thanks for asking..... You seem to be the authority of such matters.  Nope, but I do have opinions on the matter, and since you ask, I might answer.  But I do find that when you claim another thinks they are an authority or claim your experience makes your opinion more relevant than anothers, it demonstrates a lack of anything relevant or intelligent to say and is just an attempt to insult, or as you say, create discord.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

One person is dead because of the group you support.  Are you OK with that?

How are you to know who or what I support?  Or what group?  Now you are accusing me of something?  I believe that you want to make this more about me than about the topic.  Is it like the poster said that you tend to talk down to others?  Does the quoted comment above make you feel better?

And what makes you an authority on 'real Americans'?  Do you think that would include someone more interested in going after others because of their opinion, or accepting that they have a right to a different opinon than oneself?  You think your opinion overrules anyone elses? 

Do you think that you have taken this way off the original topic you started?  

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

One person is dead because of the group you support.  Are you OK with that?

How are you to know who or what I support?  I assume you post what you think....maybe you post the exact opposite for some reason.....but you've posted your support of confederate statues, which is why the group was in Charlottesville. Now you are accusing me of something? Accusing you?  LOL!  You support the same thing they supported....draw your own conclusions.....

I believe that you want to make this more about me than about the topic. You were the one who attacked me about wanting to remove statues which wasn't the topic.

Tex, I suspect you want to shut down this topic...so I've said all I'm going to say to you and your redundant questions.  You've had your opportunity.  ta-ta......

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Cent posted..

Note any Liberal speakers? Of course not; most are Conservatives.

==============================================

Why would a right group have liberal speakers? Why? Now you're getting it, KidBoy.  But the questions is wrong.  It should be, why would a Right Conservative group of bigots and racists have liberal speakers.  You are Right, they wouldn't.  But I'm so pleased it's sinking in....you are NOT in denial obviously.  Would a left group have conservative speakers?  No, and they wouldn't have racist or bigoted speakers either.  But thanks for asking.....

BTW The speakers are little known speakers.  Obviously not if they are promoting the speakers and not the message.

Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

One poster takes a CNN headline about "White Nationalists and translates it into "Conservatives and the KKK" It's sad that it's over one's head.  The KKK and White Nationalists are calling their rally, "Unite the Right"....last time we checked, Conservatives, like yourself, call themselves "the Right".  Most "get it".  and another throws President Trump and (it seems) George Bush, George Carlin, King George, and even George Clooney into the mix.

The hatred and inability to selectively view the varying ideologies abroad in the nation is astounding.  The hatred, which Conservatives endorse, is indeed astounding.

I am often tempted to throw "radical left" or "neoMarxists" into the pot. You usually erroniously do.  But in this case, it goes beyond that to pure hatred clouding the thought process of posters.  Yes, "rk", I hate bigotry, I admit it.  Meanwhile, many Conservatives embrace it.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

One poster takes a CNN headline about "White Nationalists and translates it into "Conservatives and the KKK" It's sad that it's over one's head.  The KKK and White Nationalists are calling their rally, "Unite the Right"....last time we checked, Conservatives, like yourself, call themselves "the Right".  Most "get it".

No, the guy organizing it called it that.

and another throws President Trump and (it seems) George Bush, George Carlin, King George, and even George Clooney into the mix.

The hatred and inability to selectively view the varying ideologies abroad in the nation is astounding.  The hatred, which Conservatives endorse, is indeed astounding.

I'm Conservative - who do I hate?

I am often tempted to throw "radical left" or "neoMarxists" into the pot. You usually erroniously(sic) do.  Why "erroneously"? Do they not exist? Are they not present on these boards"? But in this case, it goes beyond that to pure hatred clouding the thought process of posters.  Yes, "rk", I hate bigotry, I admit it.  Meanwhile, many Conservatives embrace it.

I am Conservative. What bigotry do I embrace??

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

One poster takes a CNN headline about "White Nationalists and translates it into "Conservatives and the KKK" It's sad that it's over one's head.  The KKK and White Nationalists are calling their rally, "Unite the Right"....last time we checked, Conservatives, like yourself, call themselves "the Right".  Most "get it".

No, the guy organizing it called it that.  Yep, and he leads the Alt-Right.

and another throws President Trump and (it seems) George Bush, George Carlin, King George, and even George Clooney into the mix.

I'm Conservative - who do I hate?  No one said you hated anyone, but you endorse those hate groups, as well as trumpy....all those haters.

I am often tempted to throw "radical left" or "neoMarxists" into the pot. You usually erroniously(sic) do.  Why "erroneously"? Do they not exist? Maybe.  Are they not present on these boards"? Haven't seen anyone claim to be either.  But in this case, it goes beyond that to pure hatred clouding the thought process of posters.  Yes, "rk", I hate bigotry, I admit it.  Meanwhile, many Conservatives embrace it.

I am Conservative. What bigotry do I embrace??  Clearly, political bigotry.

Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

One poster takes a CNN headline about "White Nationalists and translates it into "Conservatives and the KKK" and another throws President Trump and (it seems) George Bush, George Carlin, King George, and even George Clooney into the mix.

The hatred and inability to selectively view the varying ideologies abroad in the nation is astounding.

I am often tempted to throw "radical left" or "neoMarxists" into the pot. But in this case, it goes beyond that to pure hatred clouding the thought process of posters.

Now, now - don't get all upset - all that was noted was that there was a planned gathering of degenerates, perverts, racists, bigots, white supremacists and numerous others who were undoubtedly dropped on their heads as infants - perhaps more than once...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

One poster takes a CNN headline about "White Nationalists and translates it into "Conservatives and the KKK" and another throws President Trump and (it seems) George Bush, George Carlin, King George, and even George Clooney into the mix.

The hatred and inability to selectively view the varying ideologies abroad in the nation is astounding.

I am often tempted to throw "radical left" or "neoMarxists" into the pot. But in this case, it goes beyond that to pure hatred clouding the thought process of posters.

Now, now - don't get all upset - all that was noted was that there was a planned gathering of degenerates, perverts, racists, bigots, white supremacists and numerous others who were undoubtedly dropped on their heads as infants - perhaps more than once...

Half true. If that was all who attended there would have been  a march a speech or two and then off to make the bar owners rich. But then there was another group of degenerates, perverts, racists, bigots, black lives matter, Guy Fawkes maskers, and numerous others......etc. etc. etc. in attendance.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Half true. If that was all who attended there would have been  a march a speech or two and then off to make the bar owners rich.  Apparently you weren't paying attention....there was a LONG list of speakers the Alt-Right/KKK/White Nationalists/Trump Base that were suppose to speak.  In fact, the organizer is saying this weekends events "aren't over".  We'll stand by for more Right-wing hate....

Honored Social Butterfly

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

A.P., do you mean the "deplorables" that so many Conservatives proudly claimed they were?

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

A.P., do you mean the "deplorables" that so many Conservatives proudly claimed they were?

Guilty - as Hillary defined it - that's me.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

Guilty - as Hillary defined it - that's me.  Most here already knew that, "rk", but I think it's honorable that you admit it.  Which are you, as Hillary defined it?  "Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic or Islamaphobic"?

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Well, yes, it's almost certain that many "deplorables" will be present at that gathering  - it's also certain that there will also be present there a considerable number of extreme right fringe "despicables" that share with "deplorables" many of the "qualities" described in my previous post...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@alferdpacker wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Well, yes, it's almost certain that many "deplorables" will be present at that gathering  - it's also certain that there will also be present there a considerable number of extreme right fringe "despicables" that share with "deplorables" many of the "qualities" described in my previous post...

Well, I expect there will be far fewer posts from Conservatives here this weekend as they'll be exercising their right to protest, while wanting to trample the "equal rights" of others and expressing their hate towards non-whites.

It's easy to see not one has called-out the march.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Well, I expect there will be far fewer posts from Conservatives here this weekend as they'll be exercising their right to protest, while wanting to trample the "equal rights" of others and expressing their hate towards non-whites.

Based on that theory, it will be very quiet as the hate filled radical leftists dust off their Guy Fawkes masks and head for VA.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Based on that theory, it will be very quiet as the hate filled radical leftists dust off their Guy Fawkes masks and head for VA.

Based on that therory, you are wrong again.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Of course not.

44>dolt45
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png