Honored Social Butterfly

"Unite the Right" - Hate Mongers Head to VA TODAY!

More evidence the so-called Right embrace racism and hate mongering even though most Conservatives here remain in denial.

Unite The Right Rally in Charlottesville This Saturday

(CNN)Charlottesville, known as a progressive college town, is bracing for another white nationalist rally scheduled for Saturday.

Police anticipate as many as 2,000 to 6,000 people, including counterprotesters, to converge in the Virginia city, in an event that could be "the largest hate-gathering of its kind in decades in the United States," as described by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

So how did Charlottesville, which previously has been of little interest to white nationalists, become the rallying ground for what appears to be the third such event in the city this year?

Saturday's "Unite the Right" event would bring white nationalists, neo-Confederates and alt-right activists to the statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee at Emancipation Park, which had recently been renamed from Lee Park.

The same park was the site of a May demonstration in which a group carried torches led by white nationalist Richard Spencer around the Lee statue to protest its removal.

In July, a Ku Klux Klan rally in Charlottesville drew about 50 Klan members and supporters who gathered around a statue of Confederate Lt. Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson.
The historic city, home of Thomas Jefferson and the University of Virginia, has become the latest Southern battleground over the contested removal of Confederate monuments.
  Why Charlottesville?

Like many cities, Charlottesville has grappled with what to do with its Confederate monuments -- symbols of the Civil War that represent heritage to some, hate to others.

In April, the city council voted to remove the bronze statue of Lee, CNN affiliate WVIR reported. It was one of several steps Charlottesville is taking to reduce its Confederate monuments. The removal is on hold pending litigation.

The city became an ideal protest site for white nationalists.

"This entire community is a very far left community that has absorbed these cultural Marxist principles advocated in college towns across the country, about blaming white people for everything," said Jason Kessler, who organized the "Unite the Right" rally.

Kessler, a Charlottesville resident, blames what he calls "the anti-white hatred that's coming out of the city."

Although other cities such as New Orleans, St. Louis and Austin have contended with the Confederate monuments issue, it is Charlottesville where the rallies are happening.

"Charlottesville has kind of been put on the map recently," Mayor Mike Signer said last month. "We want to change the narrative by telling the true story of race through public spaces. That has made us a target for groups that hate that change and want to stay in the past, but we will not be intimidated."

being_an_ignorant_bigot_is_a_choice_t_shirt-r59b7eb7ce5cb4704b39446f589450ee7_k2grd_324.jpgdeport_all_the_bigots_bumper_sticker-r86dcdf79f6c6478c8975527fe0950acd_v9wht_8byvr_324.jpg

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

So then ....... do you denounce the KKK and their actions?

So then ........ I support the actions of anyone with a permit to have their demonstration, speech, whatever. I condemn the actions of anyone to disrupt or attack a legal gathering.

And no one attacked the KKK's "legal gathering". People there protesting the KKK had the specific right to do that.  In fact, the death and injuries were caused by a KKK supporter driving a car into the anti-KKK crowd.

Note: that answers the question. It does not mean approval of the policies or beliefs of any organization. Example, I am ideologically opposed to the thinking of the neoMarxists. The term neoMarxists is a made up fallacy, the KKK is a reality and you still have not directly admonished them or their actions and agenda.  But I fully support their right to have their events without being subject to attacks or disruption.  The KKK members gathered were not attacked.  The only attack made at the KKK gathering was a KKK supporter driving a car into the anti KKK crowd peacefully protesting the KKK rally.

So once again ...... Do you denounce the KKK and their actions (and agenda)?

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

RK posted..

One poster takes a CNN headline about "White Nationalists and translates it into "Conservatives and the KKK"

===================================================
I saw that ... lumping conservatives and the KKK...not even close.

So then ........ I support the actions of anyone with a permit to have their demonstration, speech, whatever. Even their speech and whatever that was in violation of the First Amendment, inciting violence.  Gee rk, that's very telling.  I condemn the actions of anyone to disrupt or attack a legal gathering.  Gatherings that incite violence are not "legal gatherings".  It's telling that you claim that they are.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

RK posted..

One poster takes a CNN headline about "White Nationalists and translates it into "Conservatives and the KKK"

So then ........ I support the actions of anyone with a permit to have their demonstration, speech, whatever. Even their speech and whatever that was in violation of the First Amendment, inciting violence.  Gee rk, that's very telling. "with a permit" is the key phrase. Gee, it is quite telling that a poster knows more than the officials of the cityI condemn the actions of anyone to disrupt or attack a legal gathering.  Gatherings that incite violence are not "legal gatherings".  It's telling that you claim that they are. Again, it is telling that you claim to have authority over the city officials as to permit granting. It also seems like you are saying that since you do not approve of the actions of the city official, you have the right to arm yourself and undo their actions.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

RK posted..

So then ........ I support the actions of anyone with a permit to have their demonstration, speech, whatever. Even their speech and whatever that was in violation of the First Amendment, inciting violence.  Gee rk, that's very telling. "with a permit" is the key phrase. Gee, it is quite telling that a poster knows more than the officials of the city.  Really?  They had a permit to carry weapons and conduct hate speech?  No, they didn't....that's the "key".   I condemn the actions of anyone to disrupt or attack a legal gathering.  Gatherings that incite violence are not "legal gatherings".  It's telling that you claim that they are. Again, it is telling that you claim to have authority over the city officials as to permit granting. It's telling that you don't know what a legal gathering is.  It also seems like you are saying that since you do not approve of the actions of the city official, you have the right to arm yourself and undo their actions.  And as we see again, you distort the facts to claim your point is valid.  Citing violence with hate speech is a violation of the law.  Your intentional ommission of key facts is telling and very Limblah and Faux like.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

RK posted..

So then ........ I support the actions of anyone with a permit to have their demonstration, speech, whatever. Even their speech and whatever that was in violation of the First Amendment, inciting violence.  Gee rk, that's very telling. "with a permit" is the key phrase. Gee, it is quite telling that a poster knows more than the officials of the city.  Really?  They had a permit to carry weapons and conduct hate speech?  No, they didn't....that's the "key".   I have no idea as to any stipulations of any permits. I was speaking in general terms. I condemn the actions of anyone to disrupt or attack a legal gathering.  Gatherings that incite violence are not "legal gatherings".  It's telling that you claim that they are. It is telling that you want to ignore the "permit" aspect. Again, it is telling that you claim to have authority over the city officials as to permit granting. It's telling that you don't know what a legal gathering is. It is telling that you will not address the "permit" aspect of my comments. It also seems like you are saying that since you do not approve of the actions of the city official, you have the right to arm yourself and undo their actions.  And as we see again, you distort the facts to claim your point is valid.  Citing violence with hate speech is a violation of the law.  Your intentional ommission of key facts is telling and very Limblah and Faux like. "Citing" or inciting violence should be an element of any permit. If a permit is violated, it is up to the officials to shut things down - not your  brownshirts of the left.

And, of course, "Limblah and Faux" - also telling.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

It is telling that you will not address the "permit" aspect of my comments.

The right to peacefully protest does not require a permit. Those gathered to protest the KKK were not carrying firearms and displaying signs inciting violence, the KKK members and supporters were. 

Again ......... do you admonish the actions and the agenda of the KKK?

Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

Really?  They had a permit to carry weapons and conduct hate speech?  No, they didn't....that's the "key".   I have no idea as to any stipulations of any permits. I was speaking in general terms.  Yet, you assume your "general terms" are worthy of arguing.  Maybe you should get your facts straight first, ya think?

It is telling that you want to ignore the "permit" aspect.  Just because one has a permit to drive, doesn't mean they can speed and run over people.  The permit wasn't ignored as you suggest, it just didn't give your jack-booted thugs a right to break the law.

It is telling that you will not address the "permit" aspect of my comments. It is telling you think the permit gave your jack-booted thugs the right to break other laws.

"Citing" or inciting violence should be an element of any permit. If a permit is violated, it is up to the officials to shut things down - not your  brownshirts of the left.  The "officials" DID shut things down as you say.....

And, of course, "Limblah and Faux" - also telling.  Yes, one's sources for information is indeed, VERY telling.....

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

RK posted..

So then ........ I support the actions of anyone with a permit to have their demonstration, speech, whatever. Even their speech and whatever that was in violation of the First Amendment, inciting violence.  Gee rk, that's very telling. "with a permit" is the key phrase. Gee, it is quite telling that a poster knows more than the officials of the city.  Really?  They had a permit to carry weapons and conduct hate speech?  No, they didn't....that's the "key".   I condemn the actions of anyone to disrupt or attack a legal gathering.  Gatherings that incite violence are not "legal gatherings".  It's telling that you claim that they are. Again, it is telling that you claim to have authority over the city officials as to permit granting. It's telling that you don't know what a legal gathering is.  It also seems like you are saying that since you do not approve of the actions of the city official, you have the right to arm yourself and undo their actions.  And as we see again, you distort the facts to claim your point is valid.  Citing violence with hate speech is a violation of the law.  Your intentional ommission of key facts is telling and very Limblah and Faux like.

It would be only truthful to observe that Limpblagh has for decades been recognized world wide as one who lies even more often than trump, and Faux was originally founded to be the main republican/conservative lying machine...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@alferdpacker wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

RK posted..

It would be only truthful to observe that Limpblagh has for decades been recognized world wide as one who lies even more often than trump, and Faux was originally founded to be the main republican/conservative lying machine...

So, who was there yesterday, El Rushbo or Murdoch. If neither.....your point????

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

RK posted..

So, who was there yesterday, El Rushbo or Murdoch. If neither.....your point????

You are so correct, A.P.  They both have supported racism and the dog whistle, "Make America Great Again" and "I want my country back" cries of white America.

Honored Social Butterfly

It speaks volumes that almost 24 hours after a murder of a US citizen by an Alt-Right Extremist Terrorist, not a single Conservative poster here has called out the violence and the killing on this forum.  It's obvious to most which political party has divided America.

Esteemed Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

It speaks volumes that almost 24 hours after a murder of a US citizen by an Alt-Right Extremist Terrorist, not a single Conservative poster here has called out the violence and the killing on this forum.  It's obvious to most which political party has divided America.

And you won't see it, either.

Now college kids walking out on a right wing speaker at a commencement ceremony, that's what really gets them going. Priorities, 'ya know.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Honored Social Butterfly

A photo of the  Bowling Geen Massacre:

Image result for photos of a catch of crappie in Bowling Green KY

Too bad some on the Right here refuse to admonish and condemn  the actions and agenda of an Alt Right White Supremacist group like the KKK.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

I agree Cent. If the situation were reversed, this discussion board would be lit up with complaints, attacks and vile comments from the right about how the left was guilty of inciting and committing violent acts. Yet when the KKK itself does this here is not only 'crickets', but very lame attempts to somehow minimize or protect the violent actions of a White Nationalists racist group such as the KKK.

Not a word from anyone on the right or 'independent' admonishing the actions and agenda of the KKK.

Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

RK posted..

Something that is being disingenuously and intellectually dishonestly lied about - you know - normal every day republican/conservative perversions...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

RK posted..

You should tell the KKK and the White Nationalists that they aren't even close.  They are the one's who make the claim.

"UNITE THE RIGHT

Image result for Unite the Right

Note any Liberal speakers?  Of course not; most are Conservatives.

Honored Social Butterfly

Cent posted..

Note any Liberal speakers? Of course not; most are Conservatives.

==============================================

Why would a right group have liberal speakers? Why? Would a left group have conservative speakers?

BTW The speakers are little known speakers.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

kidboy, I just don't understand why there is no room for a moderate or independent in your discussions ? If one is not far right in his/her thinking , then they are automatically called a leftist or liberal. Why is that - No middle ground ? Do we really want a nation only controlled by extremists , regardless of left or right direction ? Some melting pot that would be !!!

Honored Social Butterfly

@mandm84 wrote:

kidboy, I just don't understand why there is no room for a moderate or independent in your discussions ? If one is not far right in his/her thinking , then they are automatically called a leftist or liberal.

Shouldn't that apply to those on the left also?  One should notice that the left is as bad if not worse in extremism probably more so than anyone who attempts to be independent or conservative. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

kidboy, I just don't understand why there is no room for a moderate or independent in your discussions ? If one is not far right in his/her thinking , then they are automatically called a leftist or liberal.

Shouldn't that apply to those on the left also?  One should notice that the left is as bad if not worse in extremism probably more so than anyone who attempts to be independent or conservative. 

Really?  Where is the extremism from the Left?  Just your posting such nonsense doesn't make it a fact.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Really?  Where is the extremism from the Left?  Just your posting such nonsense doesn't make it a fact.

Nonsense?  Really?  Your reply points to extremism....especially by calling someone's post you don't agree with as nonsense.  That was the point I was making, thanks for the illustration.

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Nonsense?  Really?  Your reply points to extremism....especially by calling someone's post you don't agree with as nonsense,   LMAO!  Until you point out any extremist comment by anyone to your left, your claim is nonsense.  I notice you can't point out a single extremist comment from those you call "the left". IMO, your claim is nothing but an attempt to be divisive and create dissension.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

LMAO! 

How can anyone accept what someone who continually inserts laughter in a discussion be taken seriously?

The rest of your post indicates that you are taking a superior attitude in the discussion.  Again are you the decider in what is correct?  That's what it appears.

Perhaps I should take your post as an example of extremism?  I think so. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

LMAO! 

How can anyone accept what someone who continually inserts laughter in a discussion be taken seriously?  Anyone who see's the rediculousness in another's post.

The rest of your post indicates that you are taking a superior attitude in the discussion. Intelligent people see it as the "high road". Again are you the decider in what is correct?  That's what it appears.  I haven't noticed any patriotism or Christianity in anything posted from anyone that opposes the Left.  Did I miss it?  All I see is them attacking the Left, REAL Americans, REAL Patriots and those attacking those who support HATE.

Honored Social Butterfly

from WAPO : Former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke, a Trump supporter who was in Charlottesville Saturday, quickly shot back at the president. “So, after decades of White Americans being targeted for discriminated & anti-White hatred, we come together as a people, and you attack us?” Duke tweeted. “I would recommend you take a good look in the mirror & remember it was White Americans who put you in the presidency, not radical leftists.”
So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

All I see is them attacking the Left, REAL Americans, REAL Patriots and those attacking those who support HATE.

And you edit your post to insult someone who voiced their opinion?  An opinion that is contrary to yours, and you attempt to say that those like that are not REAL AMERICANS, or PATRIOTS?  A patriot is one who served their country, so can you say you qualify?

And in reference to one of your post you mention extremism.  Would you say that those comments of yours is extremism?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

All I see is them attacking the Left, REAL Americans, REAL Patriots and those attacking those who support HATE.

And you edit your post to insult someone who voiced their opinion?  An opinion that is contrary to yours, and you attempt to say that those like that are not REAL AMERICANS, or PATRIOTS?  A patriot is one who served their country, so can you say you qualify?

And in reference to one of your post you mention extremism.  Would you say that those comments of yours is extremism?

Pretty tight in your definition of a Patriot there Tx. You basically said im not a patriot becuse i was never in the military, and all non military back grounds cannot be patriots. care to amend that little slip or do we go on from there?

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly

@MIseker wrote:

Pretty tight in your definition of a Patriot there Tx. You basically said im not a patriot becuse i was never in the military, and all non military back grounds cannot be patriots. care to amend that little slip or do we go on from there?

Did I say that?  I said this "A patriot is one who served their country, so can you say you qualify?"  And it was in reply to the poster who said that "REAL Patriots and those attacking those who support HATE."   You don't thing that there are many ways to serve their country?  You agree that is the definition of real patriots? 

The entire theme of some here is extreme dislike for anyone not agreeing with their partisan views.  In my opinion accepting that everyone has a right to their own opinion.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

Did I say that?  I said this "A patriot is one who served their country, so can you say you qualify?"  And it was in reply to the poster who said that "REAL Patriots and those attacking those who support HATE."   You don't thing that there are many ways to serve their country?  You agree that is the definition of real patriots? 

The entire theme of some here is extreme dislike for anyone not agreeing with their partisan views.  In my opinion accepting that everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Back to the topic:  Do you admonish the actions and agenda of the KKK?

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

The entire theme of some here is extreme dislike for anyone not agreeing with their partisan views.  No Tex, that's your whine; it's not "the theme" here.  Many disagree with posters, yet very few whine about it.

In my opinion accepting that everyone has a right to their own opinion....and not whining about it when someone disagree's.....

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png