Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "Unite the Right" - Hate Mongers Head to VA Tomorrow

Message 171 of 179

@alferdpacker wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

One poster takes a CNN headline about "White Nationalists and translates it into "Conservatives and the KKK" and another throws President Trump and (it seems) George Bush, George Carlin, King George, and even George Clooney into the mix.

The hatred and inability to selectively view the varying ideologies abroad in the nation is astounding.

I am often tempted to throw "radical left" or "neoMarxists" into the pot. But in this case, it goes beyond that to pure hatred clouding the thought process of posters.

Now, now - don't get all upset - all that was noted was that there was a planned gathering of degenerates, perverts, racists, bigots, white supremacists and numerous others who were undoubtedly dropped on their heads as infants - perhaps more than once...

A.P., do you mean the "deplorables" that so many Conservatives proudly claimed they were?

Well, yes, it's almost certain that many "deplorables" will be present at that gathering  - it's also certain that there will also be present there a considerable number of extreme right fringe "despicables" that share with "deplorables" many of the "qualities" described in my previous post...

Well, I expect there will be far fewer posts from Conservatives here this weekend as they'll be exercising their right to protest, while wanting to trample the "equal rights" of others and expressing their hate towards non-whites.

It's easy to see not one has called-out the march.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 172 of 179

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

One poster takes a CNN headline about "White Nationalists and translates it into "Conservatives and the KKK" and another throws President Trump and (it seems) George Bush, George Carlin, King George, and even George Clooney into the mix.

The hatred and inability to selectively view the varying ideologies abroad in the nation is astounding.

I am often tempted to throw "radical left" or "neoMarxists" into the pot. But in this case, it goes beyond that to pure hatred clouding the thought process of posters.

Now, now - don't get all upset - all that was noted was that there was a planned gathering of degenerates, perverts, racists, bigots, white supremacists and numerous others who were undoubtedly dropped on their heads as infants - perhaps more than once...

A.P., do you mean the "deplorables" that so many Conservatives proudly claimed they were?

Well, yes, it's almost certain that many "deplorables" will be present at that gathering  - it's also certain that there will also be present there a considerable number of extreme right fringe "despicables" that share with "deplorables" many of the "qualities" described in my previous post...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 173 of 179

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 174 of 179

@rk9152 wrote:

One poster takes a CNN headline about "White Nationalists and translates it into "Conservatives and the KKK" It's sad that it's over one's head.  The KKK and White Nationalists are calling their rally, "Unite the Right"....last time we checked, Conservatives, like yourself, call themselves "the Right".  Most "get it".  and another throws President Trump and (it seems) George Bush, George Carlin, King George, and even George Clooney into the mix.

The hatred and inability to selectively view the varying ideologies abroad in the nation is astounding.  The hatred, which Conservatives endorse, is indeed astounding.

I am often tempted to throw "radical left" or "neoMarxists" into the pot. You usually erroniously do.  But in this case, it goes beyond that to pure hatred clouding the thought process of posters.  Yes, "rk", I hate bigotry, I admit it.  Meanwhile, many Conservatives embrace it.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 175 of 179

@rk9152 wrote:

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 176 of 179

I lived in Richmond VA for several years as my wife finished pharmacy school there and I completed my degree and worked full-time to support us both.  The first Saturday of each month we would find a KKK recruitment newsletter on our doorstep.  They were still fighting the Civil War in Richmond as demonstrated when many wanted to honor one of Richmond's own, Arthur Ashe with a monument on Monument Avenus. The rascists came out of the woodwork.  Richmond is about 70 miles from Charlottesville....you can still see many bumperstickers proclaiming, "the South will rise again"....a.k.a., take back America; or Michelle Bachman's/trump's, "Go back to the 50's" or trump's, "Make America Great Again".....all code for, "White Power; Regain Control".  All of which is reflected in the KKK's/White Nationalist proclamation and name of the rally, "Unite the Right".  Proof, once again, that racists and Conservatives march hand in hand.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 177 of 179

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 178 of 179

By all the Georges and 'the donald'..........I think you've got it!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

"Unite the Right" - Hate Mongers Head to VA TODAY!

Message 179 of 179

More evidence the so-called Right embrace racism and hate mongering even though most Conservatives here remain in denial.

Unite The Right Rally in Charlottesville This Saturday

(CNN)Charlottesville, known as a progressive college town, is bracing for another white nationalist rally scheduled for Saturday.

Police anticipate as many as 2,000 to 6,000 people, including counterprotesters, to converge in the Virginia city, in an event that could be "the largest hate-gathering of its kind in decades in the United States," as described by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

So how did Charlottesville, which previously has been of little interest to white nationalists, become the rallying ground for what appears to be the third such event in the city this year?

Saturday's "Unite the Right" event would bring white nationalists, neo-Confederates and alt-right activists to the statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee at Emancipation Park, which had recently been renamed from Lee Park.

The same park was the site of a May demonstration in which a group carried torches led by white nationalist Richard Spencer around the Lee statue to protest its removal.

In July, a Ku Klux Klan rally in Charlottesville drew about 50 Klan members and supporters who gathered around a statue of Confederate Lt. Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson.
The historic city, home of Thomas Jefferson and the University of Virginia, has become the latest Southern battleground over the contested removal of Confederate monuments.
  Why Charlottesville?

Like many cities, Charlottesville has grappled with what to do with its Confederate monuments -- symbols of the Civil War that represent heritage to some, hate to others.

In April, the city council voted to remove the bronze statue of Lee, CNN affiliate WVIR reported. It was one of several steps Charlottesville is taking to reduce its Confederate monuments. The removal is on hold pending litigation.

The city became an ideal protest site for white nationalists.

"This entire community is a very far left community that has absorbed these cultural Marxist principles advocated in college towns across the country, about blaming white people for everything," said Jason Kessler, who organized the "Unite the Right" rally.

Kessler, a Charlottesville resident, blames what he calls "the anti-white hatred that's coming out of the city."

Although other cities such as New Orleans, St. Louis and Austin have contended with the Confederate monuments issue, it is Charlottesville where the rallies are happening.

"Charlottesville has kind of been put on the map recently," Mayor Mike Signer said last month. "We want to change the narrative by telling the true story of race through public spaces. That has made us a target for groups that hate that change and want to stay in the past, but we will not be intimidated."

being_an_ignorant_bigot_is_a_choice_t_shirt-r59b7eb7ce5cb4704b39446f589450ee7_k2grd_324.jpgdeport_all_the_bigots_bumper_sticker-r86dcdf79f6c6478c8975527fe0950acd_v9wht_8byvr_324.jpg

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors