Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "Trump looking to put troops near Canadian border amid coronavirus fears"

Message 1 of 28

We do need to keep a close eye on trump...he is unstable and it seems would try to pull something wacky in a moments notice. 
But, at this point, I think that most of the wacky stuff he is pulling is a diversionary tactic to coverup the really crazy crap the he has done lately. 
He drove off of the "sane" plantation in his clown car long, long ago!

And to add, never trust someone who wants to be a dictator. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 28

@gruffstuff wrote:

"Trump looking to put troops near Canadian border amid coronavirus fears"

Canada closed the border on March 18th.

This is probably Trump reacting to that.

I'm not convinced it's wise to deploy troops like that for props. It probably endangers the troops.

Yup ..... Especially when they are stretched thin to cover thousands of miles of wilderness along that border.

They'll be stopping bears, moose and Americans fleeing to Canada looking for national leadership in the time of crisis.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 28

Having lived on the Canadian border for many years, I can tell you this is a joke.  There are areas in eastern NY that you can just walk into Canada.  You can boat across the Great Lakes into Canada.  

This is just Trump saying something stupid in an attempt to divert attention from real issues.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 28

@afisher wrote:

He has authorized the call up of the military reserves for 2 years.    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-military/trump-authorizes-call-up-of-milit...

This is a voluntary recall.  Several days ago I received an email sent to military retirees from DOD asking for volunteers from retired medical personnel who would be willing to assist with the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic response effort should their skills and expertise be required. "The Army has since heard from 14,600 people who had expressed interest, according to a spokesperson...

The email also asked that if retirees from other specialities was interested to let them know.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 28
The border is already closed to no essential traffic. The military isn't there to enforce that... that is Border Patrol's job. The military could be there for electronic surveillance IMO and won't directly on the border.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 28

He has authorized the call up of the military reserves for 2 years.    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-military/trump-authorizes-call-up-of-milit...

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 28

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

I  gotta believe that Canadians have seen the deadly results of Trump's incompetent leadership with the Corona Virus crisis in the U.S.

As such, I doubt any Canadian would want to cross the border to come here.

I agree with you @myexper .  I doubt any Canadian would want to come here right about now.  But maybe, just maybe tRump's real intent is to make sure none of us escape!

No guys, you go it all wrong. He is putting the military to make sure no Americans go to Canada. and escape all of tis.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 28

"Canadian Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland said the government had told the Trump administration there was no justification for troops. Very few people cross the border into the U.S. from Canada illegally and Canada has universal health care and widespread testing for the virus. And COVID-19 cases are surging more in the U.S. than in Canada."

Exactly.  There is nothing here that Canadians would want during this whole crisis.   

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2020/03/26/world/ap-cn-virus-outbreak-canada-us.html 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 28

I hope all saw the article in this mornings paper. Canada told the USA do not put troops on the northern border, and if you do it will hurt relations between the 2 nations. So we have Dictator Trump moving to start another problem by finishing destroying relations between our 2 countries. This is the longest border in the world that is not militarized and something both countries have been proud of. Trump the destroyer at work. All know there is a town along that border in NE which the border runs through the center of. There is one building you go in the front door from the US and come out the rear door in Canada.

Trump has destroyed everything and everyone who he comes in contact for years. So you think he would not cancel elections if he felt he would loose. Well he will kill people with the virus because he thinks that is hurting his chances to win in Nov.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 28

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
Does any one think it's "against the Canadians"? I hope not. In fact I would encourage Canada to put their military on their border, to help us out with an potential security issues.

Mexico is helping on their southern border with 27,000 military personnel. Thank you Mexico.

How come no complaints?

PM Trudeau strongly opposes sending troops to the border and has made it known to the WH that it is unnecessary and he will not deploy Canadian troops and resources to dilly-dally at the border when there are more important issues to deal with.  Canada has more at stake than the U.S. with illegal  American crossings into their country.

Mexico has troops because they didn't want the U.S. to infect their country by people crossing into their country.

Trust me, NO ONE is looking to come into the U.S. right now.  Get real.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.

Top Authors