From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "The Survey SAID?...."

Message 1 of 5

Customer Service rating are pretty ridiculous, imo.     But then again, wasn't it in the 70's when an average grade "C" was frowned upon and grade inflation became the norm?     This is just more of that.      This is the "exceptional" US gone bonkers.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

Even 1-5 ratings can be meaningless. Both of my sons work in retail for competing companies and only 5s are acceptable. Anything less affects their bonuses for the year.

I agree with your thoughts that on a 1-5 rating a 3 should mean that they fixed the problem I asked them to do, a 4 would mean they did more than was necessary and a 5 should mean that they went way beyond what was necessary.

At least with the form they provided you could see that an average rating was equivalent to a bad rating.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

On a scale of 1 to 10, how can 1 to 6 be negative?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

20170222_124343_resized.jpg

Does the above see odd or inaccurate/inconsistent to you?  

Picky, picky, picky....it is a poll after all.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

"The Survey SAID?...."

Message 5 of 5

Just mice poop.....(meaning minor issue)

The rabbits had chewed the cable that runs from the satellite dish to the back of the house.....channel bleed existed so I called Directv and they had a technician out the next morning.  I received excellent service from the Directv Customer Service Rep who proudly offered she works in FLA.  I asked if she "hitchhiked her way across the USA"....she said "good one", but I wasn't sure she understood the reference, but......

Anyway, Tech came on schedule, replaced the entire line, but the picture quality didn't approve.  So he replaced the DVR and the picture quality was back to 100%.  The entire process to 2.5 hours to complete....no big deal, was able to read a few topics here, post a couple, etc.

Then he left a survey DTV wanted completed.  Here's what it looked like, in part:

20170222_124343_resized.jpg

Does the above see odd or inaccurate/inconsistent to you?  It seems bizarre to me.  Why are there SIX degrees of "negative" and only two of "positive" and two of "neutral"?  Why would anyone attempt to discern if there negative experience was a 2, 3 or 5?  How bad does bad get?  Apparently, when it comes to Directv service, maybe pretty bad.

Directv isn't the only one that uses this type of scale.  I've recently received surveys with very similar scales from AT&T, Sprint, a nationwide painting contractor, Sears, etc. and the Rep often states, "if I don't get all 10's, I get reprimanded."

IMO, you start with a 5, if you do a good job, you'll get a 6 or 7; if you do a very good job, you get an 8 or 9 and if you go out of your way, in almost every way possible (including offering to wash my windows....JK), you'll get a 10.  A 10 isn't just doing what is expected.  Companies should expect their staffs to get at least all 6's and above by normal standards, not the crazy scale provided above.  That way, the cream of the crop will get 9's and 10's.

IMO, there should be 3 levels of "negative" (not 6), 4 levels of "neutral", and 3 levels of "positive".  Or better yet, a scale of 5 vs. a scale of 10.  On a scale of 10, like the one above, shouldn't a five be a neutral?

Now is this a huge issue?  Of course not.  However, it does tie in somewhat to the discussions here.  It's funny how a few here claim they are being attacked or "lectured" when clearly they aren't (they usually got a toe stepped on). This has occurred several times in the last few days. Maybe these are the same people who see a SIX out of ten, as a negative.

Do you get tired of hearing, "I need to get all 10's"?

Do companies have an odd rating system?

Would a scale, in your opinion, of 1 to 5 be better?

Am I off base?

Are posters too sensitive here if you disagree with them or point something out that they overlooked?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors