Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "Okay To Be White" Sign Is "Threatening."

Message 81 of 134

I have a better question for those who say it’s ok to be white.

Is it okay to be black and live with the same expectations and rights as whites??

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 134

@MIseker wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@jfpinlvn wrote:

"Signs that simply say "it's okay to be white" have been posted at high schools, college campuses, and neighborhoods across the country, and liberals are losing their minds.

Media reports on the signs have been endless; at least one school department has, incredibly, launched an "investigation" into the activity. As one college student put it, the piece of paper that says "it's okay to be white" feels "threatening."

The signs do, however, seem to have been a coordinated effort, originating after an incident at Boston College in October in which hysterical mass-outrage ensued over a sign that said "don't apologize for being white." Some 4chan users launched a campaign to post "it's okay to be white signs" to "trigger" liberals in the same manner the simple sign at BC had. There's now even a website called itsokaytobewhite.com where the sign can be printed."

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23146/liberals-media-lose-their-mind-over-signs-say-its-amanda-prestig...

The bot farm is busy tonight trying to get people off the important subjects, and on to the nonsense subjects.

And here you are - whining and contributing(?).

And here is the TROLL with his usual insightful contributions to the topic.

I have offered my view on the topic. How about you - do you find the phrase "threatening"?

I must have missed it. I'll go look while you repost in case i miss it again.

where is your view rk?

I've posted it.

I do not feel threatened by the words.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 134

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Whenever the RW says something that doesn't need to be said, rest assured it's dogwhistle racism at work. Reminds me of a KKK-wannabe I knew years ago who was wont to observe:  "I'm not saying Black is bad. I'm just saying White is better." IMHO, that's a fair translation of the "O'Kay 2b White" signage.

It's not a dog whistle, scout and it's not your rewrite. it is simply - "It's O.K. to be white". Do you feel threatened by those words?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 134

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Bottom line - I think that it is O.K. to be white. Does anyone disagree with that? 

depends on what kind of white guy you are doesnt it? can we guess on what kind you are?

Of course it's good to be good and bad to be bad.

Now, back to the issue - I think it's O.K. to be white - your view??

DO you need assurance?

And this is the crux of it all, isn't it?   

The crux is whether or not the sign is "threatening". Do you have any thoughts on the topic?

given its source, and its implied meaning, do you think the sign is non threatening?

Words have meaning beyond the source. So, do you find "It's O.K. to be white" (the words) to be "threatening"/

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 134

@jfpinlvn wrote:

"Signs that simply say "it's okay to be white" have been posted at high schools, college campuses, and neighborhoods across the country, and liberals are losing their minds.

Media reports on the signs have been endless; at least one school department has, incredibly, launched an "investigation" into the activity. As one college student put it, the piece of paper that says "it's okay to be white" feels "threatening."

The signs do, however, seem to have been a coordinated effort, originating after an incident at Boston College in October in which hysterical mass-outrage ensued over a sign that said "don't apologize for being white." Some 4chan users launched a campaign to post "it's okay to be white signs" to "trigger" liberals in the same manner the simple sign at BC had. There's now even a website called itsokaytobewhite.com where the sign can be printed."

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23146/liberals-media-lose-their-mind-over-signs-say-its-amanda-prestig...

So it comes out this is whats behind putting up these signs.

From afishers link :

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/maryland/its-okay-to-be-white-signs-a-planned-attempt-to-create-raci...

jpf its your topic. is this ok? It plain ol is NOT.  Lots of dithering by the right in posts "between the links"  but it no one responded to afisher. so, is the topic just not well researched, or is it another alt right hit and run. 

Hey, ol Dad raised me to be a WHITE MAN. lots of things go under that heading,  and bash the fash was one. so im fine with me.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 134

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@jfpinlvn wrote:

The bot farm is busy tonight trying to get people off the important subjects, and on to the nonsense subjects.

I have offered my view on the topic. How about you - do you find the phrase "threatening"?

where is your view rk?

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 134

Whenever the RW says something that doesn't need to be said, rest assured it's dogwhistle racism at work. Reminds me of a KKK-wannabe I knew years ago who was wont to observe:  "I'm not saying Black is bad. I'm just saying White is better." IMHO, that's a fair translation of the "O'Kay 2b White" signage.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 134

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@jfpinlvn wrote:

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 134

@rk9152 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Bottom line - I think that it is O.K. to be white. Does anyone disagree with that? 

depends on what kind of white guy you are doesnt it? can we guess on what kind you are?

Of course it's good to be good and bad to be bad.

Now, back to the issue - I think it's O.K. to be white - your view??

DO you need assurance?

And this is the crux of it all, isn't it?   

The crux is whether or not the sign is "threatening". Do you have any thoughts on the topic?

given its source, and its implied meaning, do you think the sign is non threatening?

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 134

It's very revealing that alt-right won't admit to the unspoken but nationally recognized to be truthful addendum of the word  "trash" to the statement "it's ok to be white" that so obviously applies to that "unfortunate" group...

44>45
Kudos
Views