Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "Okay To Be White" Sign Is "Threatening."

Message 11 of 134

@rk9152 wrote:

@patriciah559514 wrote:

It is okay to be whatever color your are. And it is okay for others to be the colors they are. It is NOT okay to focus on the color of the skin of another to the exclusion of the focusing on the individual.

Agreed. That is my point about All Lives Matter - it is inclusive while Black Live Matter is exclusive.

Anyone in America who feels the need to grind on this point clearly needs to take a few moments for introspection, & seriously - with intention to get to the root of their personal issue - ask themselves what is the issue within themselves. In this way, this person feeling this as an important issue has the possibility to come to some very important self-understanding. 

I see now that there is a sense of inferiority / insecurity on the part of some white males in America and elsewhere that does not appear to be based on any statistical fact over time. 

As caucasian men have formally been in control of power & resources in this country for most of the history of the nation, I find this curious.

Yes, there are women & non-caucasians in the workforce. Yes, there is more $$$ in the hands of baby boomer WOMEN now than ever before. Yes, things have changed. 
Why not see this as more opportunity for more of us?

Opportunity is not limited, finite.

We can ALL use our creativity, skills, and step up together. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 134

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The obvious intent of Black Lives Matter isto call attention to the murderous brutality inflicted by Police on the Black community.

The obvious intent of "All Lives Matter" is to deminish the reality of Police Brutality being inflected almost exclusively on the Black community, thereby denying the seriousness of the situation and removing the urgency for change. In short, it's another Republican scheme to keep Blacks in their place by working to ensure Police can continue to brutalize them by masking the brutality BLM works to expose.

scout - do you believe that all lives matter?

As to your offensive claim about Republicans wanting to keep blacks "in their place" - is that the issue when the police in Detroit, Chicago, etc. shoot a black person?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 134

The obvious intent of Black Lives Matter isto call attention to the murderous brutality inflicted by Police on the Black community.

The obvious intent of "All Lives Matter" is to deminish the reality of Police Brutality being inflected almost exclusively on the Black community, thereby denying the seriousness of the situation and removing the urgency for change. In short, it's another Republican scheme to keep Blacks in their place by working to ensure Police can continue to brutalize them by masking the brutality BLM works to expose.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 134

@rk9152 wrote:

@patriciah559514 wrote:

It is okay to be whatever color your are. And it is okay for others to be the colors they are. It is NOT okay to focus on the color of the skin of another to the exclusion of the focusing on the individual.

Agreed. That is my point about All Lives Matter - it is inclusive while Black Live Matter is exclusive.

Does that mean that since "Blue Lives" are such a small minority, that "Blue Lives Matter" is exclusive and invalid?

He (tRump) is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages...
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 134

@patriciah559514 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 134

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Whenever the RW says something that doesn't need to be said, rest assured it's dogwhistle racism at work. Reminds me of a KKK-wannabe I knew years ago who was wont to observe:  "I'm not saying Black is bad. I'm just saying White is better." IMHO, that's a fair translation of the "O'Kay 2b White" signage.

It's not a dog whistle, scout and it's not your rewrite. it is simply - "It's O.K. to be white". Do you feel threatened by those words?

what is the point of asking white people how threatening those words are to whites? they arent meant to threaten ME. so, they DONT. what I KNOW is, the intent of putting up those signs.

I'm not asking "white people" - I am asking people. I have no idea nor do I care about the race of my fellow posters

One of my fave nieces is a POC. she told me one of her white friends that voted for Trump actually said to her..at least you wont get anymore "black" money from Obama. hey..its just a young republican stating in their non divisive way my nieces free ride is over. right? My niece has supported herself with no govt help since she got kicked out of foster care at 18.

I have no idea if that was real or made up. in any case it was an ignorant statement and in no way related to "It's O.K. to be white".

So, since you gt YOUR question answered, and you now know the source of them..DO you think those signs are threatening to non whites?

I don't recall seeing your specific answer, only dodging around. I have no idea what you mean about sources. And I see no reason why it should be threatening to non-whites. What is the threat you see?

This is like the silliness of "All lives matter" being called racist.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 134

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Whenever the RW says something that doesn't need to be said, rest assured it's dogwhistle racism at work. Reminds me of a KKK-wannabe I knew years ago who was wont to observe:  "I'm not saying Black is bad. I'm just saying White is better." IMHO, that's a fair translation of the "O'Kay 2b White" signage.

It's not a dog whistle, scout and it's not your rewrite. it is simply - "It's O.K. to be white". Do you feel threatened by those words?

what is the point of asking white people how threatening those words are to whites? they arent meant to threaten ME. so, they DONT. what I KNOW is, the intent of putting up those signs.

One of my fave nieces is a POC. she told me one of her white friends that voted for Trump actually said to her..at least you wont get anymore "black" money from Obama. hey..its just a young republican stating in their non divisive way my nieces free ride is over. right? My niece has supported herself with no govt help since she got kicked out of foster care at 18.

So, since you gt YOUR question answered, and you now know the source of them..DO you think those signs are threatening to non whites?

I was born & grew up in Texas, lived in Indiana for decades, lived for year in Paris, France. My Gr-Grandmother was born in Mississippi in 1860's, her family was from old-days in Mississippi, Georgia and migrated to TX late 1800's.  Anyone white in America knows exactly what those words "It's okay to be white" are about. 

I listened to people interviewed in various parts of USA who were voting 45 because he promised to bring back their old dead town, their old dried up mom-and-pop 'electronics store' that sold old outdated technology junk, their wife's beauty salon, to get them back above the water in their previously over-valued & mortgaged homes - to bail them all out, and take them back to 1950's or some other imaginary time of The Good Life.  He promised them something that sounds like more than welfare [government subsidies for basic living expenses] AND MORE!  No need for them to wake up, take some classes, learn some new skills, take a job at Walmart in the next town over, let go the home with lost equity, face the facts. 

Apparently it's all okay when you are white.

All this along with his Stephen Miller-written tales of the lives of non-White Americans. 

And, the damning of non-White people and how they expect the government to cover their basic living expenses, which in the case of non-White people is evidence of some race-based failures of intelligence, drive, health, etc. 

Life is difficult enough for most people. I suggest we support one another, learn from one another, and most of all -> stop projecting our own faults & failures onto others in order to deny their existence in our very own hearts & souls. 

It's okay to be whatever color you are. Whatever sex you are, whatever race you are.

My father & his family were immigrants here from Germany. They worked hard to fit in and to learn, become productive parts of society. My mother's side had been here in various parts of the country [PA to KY to TX,  GA & MS to TX] for a few hundred years. They worked hard, lived life, and kept on.

And, to be honest, my gr-grandmother learned a lot about white vs black over her long life time. I think she could be understood in the context of her time, and yet she learned. She died in the early 1970's in her late 90's.  

I question the intentions of contemporaries living today exhibiting & pressing less understanding than those of the 1800's who'd had little contact with people of races other than their own. 

Let's look ahead to better times together.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 134

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Again - how do you know that?

Again - I defend words and their meanings, not someone's politicizing of the words.

You refuse to admonish an adult hiding himself under a hoodie and entering a school to put up signs, more especially signs designed to stir up racism. This is somehow wrong no matter what the signs are.

Yep, you're defending him. Why? Is it a thing with your Klatch?

No answer?  It figures.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 134

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Again - how do you know that?

Again - I defend words and their meanings, not someone's politicizing of the words.

You refuse to admonish an adult hiding himself under a hoodie and entering a school to put up signs, more especially signs designed to stir up racism. This is somehow wrong no matter what the signs are.

Yep, you're defending him. Why? Is a a thing with your Klatch?

I am not admonishing, I am not defending. I am simply saying that if there is a law being broken - it should be enforced. If not - move on (without the .com).

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 134

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

BOT farm, FOX, CIA, Trump, Dem Computer, CIA reorganization - is that related to people feeling "threatened' by the phrase "It's O.K. to be white? 

See how the BOTS work. Put up a real important subject and what do they do. Try and change it back to the nonsense subject. Lets all talk about the changes Trump made to the CIA and how it will hurt the country. That will drive the BOTS nuts.

I don't know who your BOTS are but there are some with an obvious problem with short term memory who wander off into stuff like "BOT farm, FOX, CIA, Trump, Dem Computer, CIA reorganization" when the topic is whether or not it is O.K. to be white.

We have the BOTS at work again. They try and keep the unimportant subject alive as they think people will miss the important subjects. Well they messed up this time. They want to add the subject of short term memory as a subject.

Well everyone should read the article in the AARP Bulletin this month. They have discovered that Dementia is linked to birthplace.They list about 10 States where there is a 28% higher rate of it if you were born there. Guess what just about all of the states listed are Trump States. Alabama is one of them and we are seeing that proved on TV for the last day or so with the Judge. Guess what region is number one with the States. Yes the south. Just about all the states are in the South. Well we now have one reason why Trump was elected, and where the far right gets its members from, and the BOTS have the best chance of doing their work.

"BOT farm, FOX, CIA, Trump, Dem Computer, CIA reorganization" and now the Judge, Alabama, and dementia.

john, it isn't all that complex - I think it's O.K. to be white (or anything else). How about you?

The subject is now the AARP news article. Tell us your thoughts.

If you will check the header you will find it hasn't.

It has or you would not have answered. Tell us about itx.

By the numbers:

1) By john;

2) Ta-ta john.

Here you see the article in this months AARP Bulletin proved true about mental illness. How about Trump shutting down the Dog program that helps Vets with an illness. We know Trump does not like dogs. Is this why he did it. Now that is some real news.

Kudos
Views