Reply
Esteemed Social Butterfly

"Okay To Be White" Sign Is "Threatening."

"Signs that simply say "it's okay to be white" have been posted at high schools, college campuses, and neighborhoods across the country, and liberals are losing their minds.

 

Media reports on the signs have been endless; at least one school department has, incredibly, launched an "investigation" into the activity. As one college student put it, the piece of paper that says "it's okay to be white" feels "threatening."

 

The signs do, however, seem to have been a coordinated effort, originating after an incident at Boston College in October in which hysterical mass-outrage ensued over a sign that said "don't apologize for being white." Some 4chan users launched a campaign to post "it's okay to be white signs" to "trigger" liberals in the same manner the simple sign at BC had. There's now even a website called itsokaytobewhite.com where the sign can be printed."

 

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23146/liberals-media-lose-their-mind-over-signs-say-its-amanda-prestig...

0 Kudos
358 Views
133
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Bottom line - I think that it is O.K. to be white. Does anyone disagree with that? 

Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

Bottom line - I think that it is O.K. to be white. Does anyone disagree with that? 


depends on what kind of white guy you are doesnt it? can we guess on what kind you are?

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Bottom line - I think that it is O.K. to be white. Does anyone disagree with that? 


depends on what kind of white guy you are doesnt it? can we guess on what kind you are?


Of course it's good to be good and bad to be bad.

 

Now, back to the issue - I think it's O.K. to be white - your view??

0 Kudos
267 Views
18
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Bottom line - I think that it is O.K. to be white. Does anyone disagree with that? 


depends on what kind of white guy you are doesnt it? can we guess on what kind you are?


Of course it's good to be good and bad to be bad.

 

Now, back to the issue - I think it's O.K. to be white - your view??


DO you need assurance?

 

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Bottom line - I think that it is O.K. to be white. Does anyone disagree with that? 


depends on what kind of white guy you are doesnt it? can we guess on what kind you are?


Of course it's good to be good and bad to be bad.

 

Now, back to the issue - I think it's O.K. to be white - your view??


DO you need assurance?

 


Not at all. That is the topic, do you have any thoughts on it?

0 Kudos
173 Views
2
Report
Conversationalist


@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Bottom line - I think that it is O.K. to be white. Does anyone disagree with that? 


depends on what kind of white guy you are doesnt it? can we guess on what kind you are?


Of course it's good to be good and bad to be bad.

 

Now, back to the issue - I think it's O.K. to be white - your view??


DO you need assurance?

 


Not at all. That is the topic, do you have any thoughts on it?


It's okay to be whatever color you are.  

But since you keep pressing this, I sense you have an underlying point?  Just how white are you?

Like the background on this screen? That might indicate a serious medical problem. Not something we can help you with here, comrade. See a medical doctor. Strongly advise  you see an appropriate Medical Professional for diagnosis & medication.

Honored Social Butterfly


@patriciah559514 wrote:


It's okay to be whatever color you are.  

 

That resolves the issue. And yet, then page after page of insults. How, cat-like.


 

0 Kudos
384 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Bottom line - I think that it is O.K. to be white. Does anyone disagree with that? 


depends on what kind of white guy you are doesnt it? can we guess on what kind you are?


Of course it's good to be good and bad to be bad.

 

Now, back to the issue - I think it's O.K. to be white - your view??


DO you need assurance?

 


And this is the crux of it all, isn't it?   

Honored Social Butterfly


@NerdyMom wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Bottom line - I think that it is O.K. to be white. Does anyone disagree with that? 


depends on what kind of white guy you are doesnt it? can we guess on what kind you are?


Of course it's good to be good and bad to be bad.

 

Now, back to the issue - I think it's O.K. to be white - your view??


DO you need assurance?

 


And this is the crux of it all, isn't it?   


The crux is whether or not the sign is "threatening". Do you have any thoughts on the topic?

0 Kudos
190 Views
12
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Bottom line - I think that it is O.K. to be white. Does anyone disagree with that? 


depends on what kind of white guy you are doesnt it? can we guess on what kind you are?


Of course it's good to be good and bad to be bad.

 

Now, back to the issue - I think it's O.K. to be white - your view??


DO you need assurance?

 


And this is the crux of it all, isn't it?   


The crux is whether or not the sign is "threatening". Do you have any thoughts on the topic?


given its source, and its implied meaning, do you think the sign is non threatening?

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Bottom line - I think that it is O.K. to be white. Does anyone disagree with that? 


depends on what kind of white guy you are doesnt it? can we guess on what kind you are?


Of course it's good to be good and bad to be bad.

 

Now, back to the issue - I think it's O.K. to be white - your view??


DO you need assurance?

 


And this is the crux of it all, isn't it?   


The crux is whether or not the sign is "threatening". Do you have any thoughts on the topic?


given its source, and its implied meaning, do you think the sign is non threatening?


Words have meaning beyond the source. So, do you find "It's O.K. to be white" (the words) to be "threatening"/

0 Kudos
196 Views
10
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Bottom line - I think that it is O.K. to be white. Does anyone disagree with that? 


depends on what kind of white guy you are doesnt it? can we guess on what kind you are?


Of course it's good to be good and bad to be bad.

 

Now, back to the issue - I think it's O.K. to be white - your view??


DO you need assurance?

 


And this is the crux of it all, isn't it?   


The crux is whether or not the sign is "threatening". Do you have any thoughts on the topic?


given its source, and its implied meaning, do you think the sign is non threatening?


Words have meaning beyond the source. So, do you find "It's O.K. to be white" (the words) to be "threatening"/


YES WE KNOW YOU SUPPORT PUTTING THOSE SIGNS AT PUBLIC RESTROOM. AIRPORTS AND TRAIN AND BUS STATIONS, OVER PUBLIC DRINKING FOUNTAINS AD ON HOTEL DOORS. THEY ARE JUST WORDS..AND SHOULDNT MEAN A THING TO ANYBODY. HEY, PASTE ONE OVER EVER SIGN PROMOTING EQUALITY..TO SHOW PEOPLE YOUR FEELINGS ARE HURT OVER THE TREATMENT YOU GET AS A WHITE MAN. 

 

 One difference between me and you is..I am the persona i put forth here..and i can espouse my ideals anywhere. you..not so much.

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:


YES WE KNOW YOU SUPPORT PUTTING THOSE SIGNS AT PUBLIC RESTROOM. AIRPORTS AND TRAIN AND BUS STATIONS, OVER PUBLIC DRINKING FOUNTAINS AD ON HOTEL DOORS. THEY ARE JUST WORDS..AND SHOULDNT MEAN A THING TO ANYBODY. HEY, PASTE ONE OVER EVER SIGN PROMOTING EQUALITY..TO SHOW PEOPLE YOUR FEELINGS ARE HURT OVER THE TREATMENT YOU GET AS A WHITE MAN. 

 I don't know who "we" is but that is quite an offensive statement from "we".

 

 One difference between me and you is..I am the persona i put forth here..and i can espouse my ideals anywhere. you..not so much.

I think you were trying for an insult - but it seems to have fallen off the track.

 

I have said that I think it is O.K. to be whatever you are. Skin color should not be a factor. Yet the racists of the left cannot accept that and make statements like the above in attacking it.


 

0 Kudos
209 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Bottom line - I think that it is O.K. to be white. Does anyone disagree with that? 


depends on what kind of white guy you are doesnt it? can we guess on what kind you are?


Of course it's good to be good and bad to be bad.

 

Now, back to the issue - I think it's O.K. to be white - your view??


DO you need assurance?

 


And this is the crux of it all, isn't it?   


The crux is whether or not the sign is "threatening". Do you have any thoughts on the topic?


given its source, and its implied meaning, do you think the sign is non threatening?


Words have meaning beyond the source. So, do you find "It's O.K. to be white" (the words) to be "threatening"/


Do you find the words 'it's OK to be white'  to be non-threatening? Do you think it is non-threatening for an adult with a hoodie to enter a school and post such signs?


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Bottom line - I think that it is O.K. to be white. Does anyone disagree with that? 


depends on what kind of white guy you are doesnt it? can we guess on what kind you are?


Of course it's good to be good and bad to be bad.

 

Now, back to the issue - I think it's O.K. to be white - your view??


DO you need assurance?

 


And this is the crux of it all, isn't it?   


The crux is whether or not the sign is "threatening". Do you have any thoughts on the topic?


given its source, and its implied meaning, do you think the sign is non threatening?


Words have meaning beyond the source. So, do you find "It's O.K. to be white" (the words) to be "threatening"/


Do you find the words 'it's OK to be white'  to be non-threatening? Do you think it is non-threatening for an adult with a hoodie to enter a school and post such signs?


I have no problem with hoodies. Sounds a bit racist on your part.

0 Kudos
385 Views
6
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

 


Do you find the words 'it's OK to be white'  to be non-threatening? Do you think it is non-threatening for an adult with a hoodie to enter a school and post such signs?


I have no problem with hoodies. Sounds a bit racist on your part.


Why is it racist to mention an adult going into a school wearing a hoodie to conceal himself while posting racist signs?  (I didn't mention the guy's race, but he was white)The logic of your thinking escapes me. Many things from the Alt-Right do.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

 


Do you find the words 'it's OK to be white'  to be non-threatening? Do you think it is non-threatening for an adult with a hoodie to enter a school and post such signs?


I have no problem with hoodies. Sounds a bit racist on your part.


Why is it racist to mention an adult going into a school wearing a hoodie to conceal himself while posting racist signs?  (I didn't mention the guy's race, but he was white)The logic of your thinking escapes me. Many things from the Alt-Right do.

 

I see no reason to mention the hoodie at all. And the sign was not racist. 

 

But just clear the air on that last issue - do you think it is O.K. to be white? Or, as the topic says, do you feel threatened by those words?


 

0 Kudos
306 Views
4
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

 

 

I see no reason to mention the hoodie at all. And the sign was not racist. 

 

But just clear the air on that last issue - do you think it is O.K. to be white? Or, as the topic says, do you feel threatened by those words?


 


The man entering the school to place the signs was wearing a hoodie to conceal his identity, so why should it not be mentioned ? The phrase on the sign was created by white supremacists to stir up racism, why do you defend that?

 

Just to be clear on the issues ...... do you think it is OK for a man to conceal himself, enter a school and place signs on the walls?


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
208 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

 

I see no reason to mention the hoodie at all. And the sign was not racist. 

 

But just clear the air on that last issue - do you think it is O.K. to be white? Or, as the topic says, do you feel threatened by those words?


 


The man entering the school to place the signs was wearing a hoodie to conceal his identity, so why should it not be mentioned ? The phrase on the sign was created by white supremacists to stir up racism, why do you defend that?

 

Just to be clear on the issues ...... do you think it is OK for a man to conceal himself, enter a school and place signs on the walls?


I have already been clear on the issue - I do not know the law where this occurred. If no law was broken, I find no fault with it.

 

And what about you - if no law was broken would you like to he him stopped by some masked vigilantes - antifa for example?

0 Kudos
222 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

 

I see no reason to mention the hoodie at all. And the sign was not racist. 

 

But just clear the air on that last issue - do you think it is O.K. to be white? Or, as the topic says, do you feel threatened by those words?


 


The man entering the school to place the signs was wearing a hoodie to conceal his identity, so why should it not be mentioned ? The phrase on the sign was created by white supremacists to stir up racism, why do you defend that?

 

Just to be clear on the issues ...... do you think it is OK for a man to conceal himself, enter a school and place signs on the walls?


I have already been clear on the issue - I do not know the law where this occurred. If no law was broken, I find no fault with it.

 

And what about you - if no law was broken would you like to he him stopped by some masked vigilantes - antifa for example?


I didn't ask if you thought it was illegal, I didn't mention the law. Do you think it is OK for a man to conceal himself, enter a school, and place signs on the walls? Would you want something like this happening in a school your children were attending?

 

 


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

 

I see no reason to mention the hoodie at all. And the sign was not racist. 

 

But just clear the air on that last issue - do you think it is O.K. to be white? Or, as the topic says, do you feel threatened by those words?


 


The man entering the school to place the signs was wearing a hoodie to conceal his identity, so why should it not be mentioned ? The phrase on the sign was created by white supremacists to stir up racism, why do you defend that?

 

Just to be clear on the issues ...... do you think it is OK for a man to conceal himself, enter a school and place signs on the walls?


I have already been clear on the issue - I do not know the law where this occurred. If no law was broken, I find no fault with it.

 

And what about you - if no law was broken would you like to he him stopped by some masked vigilantes - antifa for example?


I didn't ask if you thought it was illegal, I didn't mention the law. Do you think it is OK for a man to conceal himself, enter a school, and place signs on the walls? Would you want something like this happening in a school your children were attending?

 

 


Again - I do not know the applicable laws. If it's legal then my answer is "yes". If it is illegal then my answer id "no".

 

No matter how many times or how many ways you ask the question, there is no more logical and honest answer possible.

0 Kudos
230 Views
0
Report
Esteemed Social Butterfly

Mlseker—RE: Depends what type of white guy you are—No one has to guess, do they?

 

Gee,I miss having a real president!

Honored Social Butterfly


@phyllisc6781 wrote:

Mlseker—RE: Depends what type of white guy you are—No one has to guess, do they?

 

Gee,I miss having a real president!


What does that mean, cat - is it O.K. to be white?

0 Kudos
174 Views
3
Report
Conversationalist


@rk9152 wrote:

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

Mlseker—RE: Depends what type of white guy you are—No one has to guess, do they?

 

Gee,I miss having a real president!


What does that mean, cat - is it O.K. to be white?


Why do you say 'cat'? 

Conversationalist


@patriciah559514 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

Mlseker—RE: Depends what type of white guy you are—No one has to guess, do they?

 

Gee,I miss having a real president!


What does that mean, cat - is it O.K. to be white?


Why do you say 'cat'? 


rk9152  I asked you a question:   Why do you say 'cat'?    What does that mean?

Are you in 45's p*xyz grabber club?

Esteemed Social Butterfly

@patriciah559514—Ouch!! BAM!!

Honored Social Butterfly

 


@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Bottom line - I think that it is O.K. to be white. Does anyone disagree with that? 


depends on what kind of white guy you are doesnt it? can we guess on what kind you are?


So if we guess - what standards of evidence should obtain?

 

Brings to mind something from that Marxism stuff that @rk9152 carries on so much about...

 

Chico Not Groucho: Who Ya Gonna Believe, Me or Your Own Eyes - Duck Soup - Firefly Chicolini - YouTu...

 

So - should we believe @rk9152 - or our own tried, tested, and seasoned judgement based upon a lifetime of experience?

 

 

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

Bottom line - I think that it is O.K. to be white. Does anyone disagree with that? 


Was it OK for this guy to go into a school and post this?

 

Is it OK to be a white supremacist?


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Bottom line - I think that it is O.K. to be white. Does anyone disagree with that? 


Was it OK for this guy to go into a school and post this?

 

Is it OK to be a white supremacist?


More game playing - conflating it being O.K. to be white with being a white supremacist. Why do find the honest exchange of ideas so distasteful?

0 Kudos
311 Views
9
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Bottom line - I think that it is O.K. to be white. Does anyone disagree with that? 


Was it OK for this guy to go into a school and post this?

 

Is it OK to be a white supremacist?


More game playing - conflating it being O.K. to be white with being a white supremacist. Why do find the honest exchange of ideas so distasteful?


So if I ask a question you don't want to answer, it's "game playing"? You answer my questions, I'll answer yours.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png