Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "Okay To Be White" Sign Is "Threatening."

Message 31 of 134

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@patriciah559514–Possibly the idiot doesn’t think that he could be destroyed because he thinks he is above human – – a God in his own right. Certainly  his words and actions make him look and sound like someone who believes he superior to all. Someone that all will believe him as he spews his racism and his lies, and look those who drink his kool aide dead in the eye.

Ahh, but then again, I am sure that the afterlife will be wonderful for trump. And the keepers of the gates of Hades are waiting. Because, as one of our Alt. Right posters always covertly notes “Vengeance is mine sayeth the lord.”

Gee, I miss having a real president!

How did your hatred for our President become a factor - he wasn't posting the sign. By the way, do you think it is O.K. to be white?

By the way .......... do you think it is OK to be a white supremacist?

Your needle is stuck. As I've replied before - anyone can think anything they want. it is only actions that are covered by the law.

Continuing to dodge the question is telling, but then you have been out of the closet for some time now.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 134

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I see no reason to mention the hoodie at all. And the sign was not racist. 

But just clear the air on that last issue - do you think it is O.K. to be white? Or, as the topic says, do you feel threatened by those words?

The man entering the school to place the signs was wearing a hoodie to conceal his identity, so why should it not be mentioned ? The phrase on the sign was created by white supremacists to stir up racism, why do you defend that?

Just to be clear on the issues ...... do you think it is OK for a man to conceal himself, enter a school and place signs on the walls?

I have already been clear on the issue - I do not know the law where this occurred. If no law was broken, I find no fault with it.

And what about you - if no law was broken would you like to he him stopped by some masked vigilantes - antifa for example?

I didn't ask if you thought it was illegal, I didn't mention the law. Do you think it is OK for a man to conceal himself, enter a school, and place signs on the walls? Would you want something like this happening in a school your children were attending?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 134

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And another one. Do you really see a connection between "It's O.K. to be white" and "CAT" or "neoMarxism"?

Ask yourself that question. YOU are the one constantly bringing up "CAT" and "neoMarxism".

"It's OK To Be White" is a phrase that White Supremacists created and they post it on signs, even in our schools, to promote White Supremacy and stir up racism.  Why do you seem to defend that?

I have no idea who created the phrase nor do I know their intentions (how do you know - been attending the meetings?) To me words are words and they have meaning. Just like people are people.

Again - to me it's O.K. to be white (or anything else). How about you??

Again:          "It's OK To Be White" is a phrase that White Supremacists created and they post it on signs, even in our schools, to promote White Supremacy and stir up racism.  Why do you seem to defend that?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 134

@MIseker wrote:

Black lives matter.

I find it telling that all those complaining about this statement and reading so much negatively into it are now supporting "It's OK to be white" as if anyone has ever claimed that it wasn't.

Those who claimed that Trump implied 'more' when he told Japan to build cars in this country should be able to see the implied racism in the sign "It's OK to be white".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 134

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

BOT farm, FOX, CIA, Trump, Dem Computer, CIA reorganization - is that related to people feeling "threatened' by the phrase "It's O.K. to be white? 

See how the BOTS work. Put up a real important subject and what do they do. Try and change it back to the nonsense subject. Lets all talk about the changes Trump made to the CIA and how it will hurt the country. That will drive the BOTS nuts.

I don't know who your BOTS are but there are some with an obvious problem with short term memory who wander off into stuff like "BOT farm, FOX, CIA, Trump, Dem Computer, CIA reorganization" when the topic is whether or not it is O.K. to be white.

And then there are those who have a problem with short term memory who wander off mistakenly calling another poster "CAT", forgetting to answer questions asked of them, and trying to erroneously relate anything from the left to "neo-Marxism".

And another one. Do you really see a connection between "It's O.K. to be white" and "CAT" or "neoMarxism"?

Do you really see a connection between this or any topic and your incessantly calling someone 'Cat' just because you don't like what she says?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 134

White lives matter.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 134

Black lives matter.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 134

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Whenever the RW says something that doesn't need to be said, rest assured it's dogwhistle racism at work. Reminds me of a KKK-wannabe I knew years ago who was wont to observe:  "I'm not saying Black is bad. I'm just saying White is better." IMHO, that's a fair translation of the "O'Kay 2b White" signage.

It's not a dog whistle, scout and it's not your rewrite. it is simply - "It's O.K. to be white". Do you feel threatened by those words?

what is the point of asking white people how threatening those words are to whites? they arent meant to threaten ME. so, they DONT. what I KNOW is, the intent of putting up those signs.

I'm not asking "white people" - I am asking people. I have no idea nor do I care about the race of my fellow posters

One of my fave nieces is a POC. she told me one of her white friends that voted for Trump actually said to her..at least you wont get anymore "black" money from Obama. hey..its just a young republican stating in their non divisive way my nieces free ride is over. right? My niece has supported herself with no govt help since she got kicked out of foster care at 18.

I have no idea if that was real or made up. in any case it was an ignorant statement and in no way related to "It's O.K. to be white".

So, since you gt YOUR question answered, and you now know the source of them..DO you think those signs are threatening to non whites?

I don't recall seeing your specific answer, only dodging around. I have no idea what you mean about sources. And I see no reason why it should be threatening to non-whites. What is the threat you see?

This is like the silliness of "All lives matter" being called racist.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 134

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@patriciah559514–Possibly the idiot doesn’t think that he could be destroyed because he thinks he is above human – – a God in his own right. Certainly  his words and actions make him look and sound like someone who believes he superior to all. Someone that all will believe him as he spews his racism and his lies, and look those who drink his kool aide dead in the eye.

Ahh, but then again, I am sure that the afterlife will be wonderful for trump. And the keepers of the gates of Hades are waiting. Because, as one of our Alt. Right posters always covertly notes “Vengeance is mine sayeth the lord.”

Gee, I miss having a real president!

How did your hatred for our President become a factor - he wasn't posting the sign. By the way, do you think it is O.K. to be white?

By the way .......... do you think it is OK to be a white supremacist?

Your needle is stuck. As I've replied before - anyone can think anything they want. it is only actions that are covered by the law.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 134

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I see no reason to mention the hoodie at all. And the sign was not racist. 

But just clear the air on that last issue - do you think it is O.K. to be white? Or, as the topic says, do you feel threatened by those words?

The man entering the school to place the signs was wearing a hoodie to conceal his identity, so why should it not be mentioned ? The phrase on the sign was created by white supremacists to stir up racism, why do you defend that?

Just to be clear on the issues ...... do you think it is OK for a man to conceal himself, enter a school and place signs on the walls?

I have already been clear on the issue - I do not know the law where this occurred. If no law was broken, I find no fault with it.

And what about you - if no law was broken would you like to he him stopped by some masked vigilantes - antifa for example?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors