You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "Okay To Be White" Sign Is "Threatening."

Message 61 of 134

@patriciah559514 wrote:

It's okay to be whatever color you are.  

That resolves the issue. And yet, then page after page of insults. How, cat-like.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 134

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Bottom line - I think that it is O.K. to be white. Does anyone disagree with that? 

depends on what kind of white guy you are doesnt it? can we guess on what kind you are?

Of course it's good to be good and bad to be bad.

Now, back to the issue - I think it's O.K. to be white - your view??

DO you need assurance?

And this is the crux of it all, isn't it?   

The crux is whether or not the sign is "threatening". Do you have any thoughts on the topic?

given its source, and its implied meaning, do you think the sign is non threatening?

Words have meaning beyond the source. So, do you find "It's O.K. to be white" (the words) to be "threatening"/

Do you find the words 'it's OK to be white'  to be non-threatening? Do you think it is non-threatening for an adult with a hoodie to enter a school and post such signs?

I have no problem with hoodies. Sounds a bit racist on your part.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 134

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

BOT farm, FOX, CIA, Trump, Dem Computer, CIA reorganization - is that related to people feeling "threatened' by the phrase "It's O.K. to be white? 

See how the BOTS work. Put up a real important subject and what do they do. Try and change it back to the nonsense subject. Lets all talk about the changes Trump made to the CIA and how it will hurt the country. That will drive the BOTS nuts.

I don't know who your BOTS are but there are some with an obvious problem with short term memory who wander off into stuff like "BOT farm, FOX, CIA, Trump, Dem Computer, CIA reorganization" when the topic is whether or not it is O.K. to be white.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 134

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@patriciah559514—Amazing, realistic, honest, and powerful post, which addresses illnesses apparent within America today, as well as within this forum.  SPOT ON!!  Thank you!! 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

I miss having a real president, too!

Last year, I pulled together the $ and went to an event in a home & heard Obama. He was inspirational. 

How different today. 

I have a new baby grandson who lives in San Fran. Before that little guy was born, we had to realize that the orange idiot seriously might get San Fran blown off the map with a nuke.  45 is so incredibly stupid that he doesn't understand nuclear war could affect his existence too. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 134

@Olderscout66 wrote:

So Nazi student at BU post racist dogwhistles and the vast majority of students who find nzai's disgusting object, and this is a great victory for the Nazis, so they try it elsewhere?

It's just another :"wll lives matter" BS to divert attention from the fact BLACK lives are being taken by police for no apparent reason.

the dogwhistle from "its okay to be white" is to comfort racist bigots like POTUS45, as if being white is an excuse for being a bigot.

Trump & his klan have unleashed documented increased violence against Jews and their community centers, cemeteries; blacks, muslims, women.

This is not okay.  

These behaviours of Trump, Steve Bannon, Stephen Miller, Gen. Kelley, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Alex Jones, Prosobiec, and the rest are shameful disgraceful disgusting.

This is sad appalling behavior.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 134

@patriciah559514—Amazing, realistic, honest, and powerful post, which addresses illnesses apparent within America today, as well as within this forum.  SPOT ON!!  Thank you!! 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 134

@Olderscout66 wrote:

So Nazi student at BU post racist dogwhistles and the vast majority of students who find nzai's disgusting object, and this is a great victory for the Nazis, so they try it elsewhere?

It's just another :"wll lives matter" BS to divert attention from the fact BLACK lives are being taken by police for no apparent reason.

the dogwhistle from "its okay to be white" is to comfort racist bigots like POTUS45, as if being white is an excuse for being a bigot.

Yes, THANK YOU! 

I admit I have my super-sensitive topics and these include racism and Nazism, among others.

I grew up in TX. My Dad was 1st generation German. The other side that had been tromping around PA to KY to TX / PA to GA to MS to TX, PA to MO to TX - well, I've not found one who was not of German origin prior to America. 

I've thought a lot about racism and Nazism over these many long years.

Unequivocably, ANY white American who says "It's okay to be white" is, at the least, an active dangerous racist who is working to incite violence. 

Even just violent discourse.

ANY white American who baits, pressures, taunts others about this kind of racist rhetoric is suffering from serious dangerous mental illness and needs to seek professional help.

They are acting in a way that is antheticial to the ideals upon with our nation was founded.

It is behaviour that is small-minded, ignorant, and not worthy of serious consideration.

Anyone who does that around me or to me - especially in person, or just personally directed at me or anyone else? I take it very seriously.

I will contact law enforcement to intervene. 

Trump is an existential threat to not only America, but to the world. 

His petty hate and small minded ignorance is not to be ignored. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 134

The 'Okay To Be White' signs aren't "threatening".  They are disgusting and are posted by white racists to stir up crap and more racism.

Was it OK for a hooded adult to go into a school and post those white supremacist signs?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 134

@Olderscout66 wrote:

It's ok to be white trash - trump is - and lots of maroons and fools think he's ok...

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 134

Kudos
Views