"...Nixon emphasized country over personal considerations in deciding to resign..."

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "...Nixon emphasized country over personal considerations in deciding to resign..."

Message 1 of 4

I became very respectful of Richard Nixon as the brilliant statesman he became. I believe to this day he compensated for his misdeeds by his service to the United States, both with his resignation and his representation to the world as America, a world leader and partner.   
"...Nixon emphasized country over personal considerations in deciding to resign..."

Nixon did a few note-worthy things but at the time not even republicans felt the "misdeeds" were excuseable and rather demanded he resign.    .   

T RUMP won't resign cause he's protected as president now.  . His  crimes in New York state which is also where the Trump organization is headquartered.   Indictments are likely coming in New York, and when they're handed down, Judge Morrero let it be known that Trump will not be able to claim absolute.    

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "...Nixon emphasized country over personal considerations in deciding to resign..."

Message 2 of 4

I don't think Nixon orchestrating his full pardon from Ford, without ever having been charged with a crime, makes him much of a statesman. He's as big a fraud as Trump.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

tRump is anything but a Patriot. With him it is all about 'trump', the brand. He uses America for personal gain and Putin uses tRump for personal gain. No, tRump will never resign.

How I wish the public could see financial disclosure on trump from Deutsche Bank.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 4 of 4

In the mid 70s, then-president Richard Nixon was in Kansas City, Missouri for some reason and his motorcade returning to the airport went by my office. I stood in the crowd and was overcome with hatred. I ran into the street with middle finger held high as his limo approached; friends grabbed me and pulled me away, fearing either I would jump on the limo or that I would be taken out (as would have been appropriate).

In later years, as he and I both grew older and wiser, I became very respectful of Richard Nixon as the brilliant statesman he became. I believe to this day he compensated for his misdeeds by his service to the United States, both with his resignation and his representation to the world as America, a world leader and partner.

Don't think this one will... hope I'm wrong.

"The patriotic move is for Trump to resign" 

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors