Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "Marshall Plan" for Central America

Message 41 of 42

Marshall Plan" for Central America

I read the article and agree 100% but I would go even farther then that.

Europe wants to build a solar power grid in the Sahara desert using solar panels and super conducting power cables, if the grid ran from east to west across Northern Africa it could take advantage of the earth's rotation to extend the day light time on the grid.

The power cables would run north to Europe. It's a good idea in my opinion. 

The USA should get on-board the whole world should, to extend that grid north, run the same super conducting cables west across the Norwegian Sea to Iceland, across the tip of Greenland, across the Labrador sea into Newfoundland Canada, though central Canada into the Central USA , and down to the American South West.

The USA should build a sister power grid to in the southwest USA, the Saraha power grid, and then Europe and the USA would connect their two power grids together using those same cables.

Get Mexico on-board and extend the grid south into Mexico, more solar panels and more super conducting cables.

Then use all that power generated in the grid to power not only  Central America, but Africa as well.

The sun would never set on that grid, no batteries or storage required, no fossil fuels used.

Get China, India, Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Iran on board to, extend the grid east across the middle east and into Asia.

Extend the grid from Central America to South America.

Extend the grid from Asia, Vietnam perhaps to Indonesia down to Australia.

Start with the power grid from North Africa, up though Europe, to Canada and into the USA and Mexico.

From there power the entire third world.

Power for drinking  water, farming, irrigation, industry.

Address poverty, man made climate change, human migration, and lack of development,  not just for the USA in and from Central America, but also for Europe  in and from Africa and the Middle East.

The USA could start building it's grid now and extend it south into Mexico and east and west to both coasts, then as cable technology catches up go on from there.

Same for Europe, start in North Africa, Morocco, Tunisia, and Egypt are already marketing power to Europe.

Link 

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/182278-the-worlds-first-superconducting-power-line-paves-the-way...

World’s first superconducting power line paves the way for billions of dollars in savings, more nuclear power stations

Superconductors could allow cheap superconducting magnets for plentiful MRI machines and economical floating trains. They could allow Los Angeles to use solar energy collected in the Sahara Desert. Useful, affordable superconducting cable would be a breakthrough node, a single innovation that would quickly allow a whole slew of others.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

"Marshall Plan" for Central America

Message 42 of 42

Saw this headline the other day at The Guardian (one of my favorite news sites):

"Castro should launch a new Marshall Plan for Central America"

I got excited for two points... my own idea is for such a Marshall Plan as well, although I wasn't able to articulate it so well and so concisely. The second point, well, it wasn't the Castro family (which might have been interesting event) but was US politician Julien Castro (former mayor of San Antonio and a cabinet member under Obama).

Golly! Such a Marshall Plan for the affected countries would have so many things going for it and few drawbacks, in my humble opinion. Certainly it has to be much much cheaper than "the wall". And by making their home countries more attractive the influx of illegal migrants into the US would be reduced. Plus, in my book, any time that you can "make friends and influence people" it's a win-win.

See https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/14/julian-castro-interview-central-america-marshall-plan

I had to explain to my younger wife (a legal immigrant from Canada) what the original Marshall Plan was.  kids!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies