Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" DEFINED

Message 61 of 112

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

Good thing the Repubs. efforts to minimize government didn’t impact RK—because as always. Repubs. Vote against their own best interests.  

Too bad some can’t see past their own insular lives to see that others may not be so lucky.  There is no excuse for such selfish shortsightedness.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

How do you know what government actions effected rk and how?

And, again, "lucky" as if the individual has no effect on his career. 

As to selfishness - I'd say that applies to one who thinks that someone else's property should be spread around to those who didn't earn it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 112

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

rk9152 complaining about taxes again , while he enjoys a mostly Tax Payer Funded Federal Pension with Lifetime COLA's and Medical. 

Talk about  Biting the Hand That FEEDS You !!!

Arent you afraid OUR Federal Gov't will run out of money for your Entitlements with all the current Grand Old Plutocrat Tax Cuts ???

rk9152 is not complaining about taxes. He is complaining about the Marxist concept of "wealth redistribution". He also does not understand the envy some have for the benefits he earned as opposed to the benefits people feel entitled to because they need it.

You fail to include that not everybody is fortunate enough to be employed by the government and receive its lucrative pay and lucrative pension with lucrative health care.

You must remember that there are only so many such jobs that the government can "hand out".

So once again rk ..... It's easy for those who have won the lottery to criticize people for being poor!

You have a point. Not everyone brings the same value to the work place hence not everyone reaps the same rewards.

So, in comes the envy thing and those of less success bringing up "life's lottery" as if they had nothing to do with their lives.

I can only speak for myself - I have never criticized anyone for being poor.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 112

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Full quote - “I think it was great at the time when families were united — even though we had slavery. They cared for one another. People were strong in the families. Our families were strong. Our country had a direction.”

A direction supporting slavery, racism and bigotry.

Doubtful any family had any strong values supporting that inhumanity!

There is much positive in that for ALL Americans - family strength.

Not so much for the families who were slaves ..... who saw their families split up and sold off as property for the slave owner and his (supposed) united family!

Fast forward to the 1960 and the War on Poverty - well intentioned but did grave damage to the black family.

And that ill defined "grave damage" was worse than black families treated as slaves? ..... LUDICROUS!

So, slavery is bad, of course - but is family not good?

Family for ALL Americans is good "of course". But that's not what Moore stated!

And Moore also believes that if he asks the mother of a family permission to date the child in that family, it's all A-OK ..... "of course"!

He made a good point in that regard

When he tied his point to a time when black families were slaves, he lost all credibility and re-affirmed himself as a racist!

You are missing an important point - family strength. Can you not see it's value? There are many elements to an era or a society, they are not all good - but the bad does not negate the good.

Remember my words about the "War on Poverty". It was intended to help people and it did help many - but, as an unintended consequence it to an extent destroyed the black family and created generation after generation of dependency. So, was it all bad? Shall we call it racist?

In your view certainly more racist than the confederacy..because those familys all pulled in the same direction.

How do you get that from what I posted. I said strong families were good - nothing racist in that.

Failing to include that it was in the time frame of slavery, where the families of slaves were torn apart and sold off. Thus, not so "strong" for black families!

I said the "war on poverty" damaged some families - nothing racist in that.

And "nothing" to do with anything in Moore's statement .... only serving as an evasion to it!

Sounds like you are pulling phrases out of somewhere without regard to the post you are theoretically responding to.

No ... but it does "sound like" you are attempting to change the topic as an evasion to Moore's racist statement.

Do you think that saying that the war on poverty damaged some black families is racist? If not, why don't you just let the poster answer for him/her/itself.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 112

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

rk9152 is not complaining about taxes. He is complaining about the Marxist concept of "wealth redistribution". He also does not understand the envy some have for the benefits he earned as opposed to the benefits people feel entitled to because they need it.

And again, the argument that "someone" believes in this Marxist concept is another conservative myth.   You can tell it is a myth because they have yet to produce one op-ed, one article, one speech which calls for this failed economic theory.  

On the other hand, conservatives continue to argue for the trickle down theory which NO economist has ever endorsed and was such a disaster in Kansas. 

1) Wealth redistribution;

2) From each according to his means; to each according to his needs;

3) The government owns all property and decides who gets what.

If not Marxist - what???

yes it is marxist..and you are the only one on this board claiming its some "unknown posters/partys" goal. you set it up. promote it, and argue it all by yourself. As far left as I am im not a marxist lol. as for the one party rule thing..you have it all your way now. all 3 branches of govt..and your best is a defense of Roy Moore?

true - you are a wobbly (not that different) 

"defense of roy moore???????

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 112

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Acrtually rk's retirement is either in the Civil Service Retirement Trust Fund, which is solvent for the foreseeable future, despite a $10Billion (then-dollar) shortfall for the years the Government found it more expedient to pay retirement from the General Fund instead of making their "matching contribution" (7% of employee base pay) into the CSTF, OR he's invested in the Thrift Savings Plan, a Government Controlled and protected investment plan that has made more than a few Civil Servants millionaires because of it's rational investment strategy and exceedingly low overhead.

The big difference between the Government Retirement plan and all the Capitalist ones is with the Government system, the "employer" cannot take all the money to give himself a huge bonus and then jet to Brazil. Changing that one Republican sponsored law would restore a considerable degree of justice to the current system, but it would also prevent those huge bonus payments and airfare to Brazil for the GOPerLords, so it will never happen... until WE GET RID OF ENOUGH ELECTED GOPERS TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Right - let's get rid of those Rs so you can have your one Party system wherein the government owns all money, property, etc. and distributes it based on need. 

"Rise Workers..." or as our Wobbly says, "So it begins".

lol.. are you really that clueless? never mind..

do you ever read the post you are supposedly respondng to and it's context before you type something inane..

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 112

Good thing the Repubs. efforts to minimize government didn’t impact RK—because as always. Repubs. Vote against their own best interests.  

Too bad some can’t see past their own insular lives to see that others may not be so lucky.  There is no excuse for such selfish shortsightedness.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 112

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

rk9152 complaining about taxes again , while he enjoys a mostly Tax Payer Funded Federal Pension with Lifetime COLA's and Medical. 

Talk about  Biting the Hand That FEEDS You !!!

Arent you afraid OUR Federal Gov't will run out of money for your Entitlements with all the current Grand Old Plutocrat Tax Cuts ???

You fail to include that not everybody is fortunate enough to be employed by the government and receive its lucrative pay and lucrative pension with lucrative health care.

You must remember that there are only so many such jobs that the government can "hand out".

So once again rk ..... It's easy for those who have won the lottery to criticize people for being poor!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 112

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Full quote - “I think it was great at the time when families were united — even though we had slavery. They cared for one another. People were strong in the families. Our families were strong. Our country had a direction.”

A direction supporting slavery, racism and bigotry.

Doubtful any family had any strong values supporting that inhumanity!

There is much positive in that for ALL Americans - family strength.

Not so much for the families who were slaves ..... who saw their families split up and sold off as property for the slave owner and his (supposed) united family!

Fast forward to the 1960 and the War on Poverty - well intentioned but did grave damage to the black family.

And that ill defined "grave damage" was worse than black families treated as slaves? ..... LUDICROUS!

So, slavery is bad, of course - but is family not good?

Family for ALL Americans is good "of course". But that's not what Moore stated!

And Moore also believes that if he asks the mother of a family permission to date the child in that family, it's all A-OK ..... "of course"!

He made a good point in that regard

When he tied his point to a time when black families were slaves, he lost all credibility and re-affirmed himself as a racist!

You are missing an important point - family strength. Can you not see it's value? There are many elements to an era or a society, they are not all good - but the bad does not negate the good.

Remember my words about the "War on Poverty". It was intended to help people and it did help many - but, as an unintended consequence it to an extent destroyed the black family and created generation after generation of dependency. So, was it all bad? Shall we call it racist?

In your view certainly more racist than the confederacy..because those familys all pulled in the same direction.

How do you get that from what I posted. I said strong families were good - nothing racist in that.

Failing to include that it was in the time frame of slavery, where the families of slaves were torn apart and sold off. Thus, not so "strong" for black families!

I said the "war on poverty" damaged some families - nothing racist in that.

And "nothing" to do with anything in Moore's statement .... only serving as an evasion to it!

Sounds like you are pulling phrases out of somewhere without regard to the post you are theoretically responding to.

No ... but it does "sound like" you are attempting to change the topic as an evasion to Moore's racist statement.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 112

Yes, King Theoden, he really is that clueless!  

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 112

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And again, the argument that "someone" believes in this Marxist concept is another conservative myth.   You can tell it is a myth because they have yet to produce one op-ed, one article, one speech which calls for this failed economic theory.  

On the other hand, conservatives continue to argue for the trickle down theory which NO economist has ever endorsed and was such a disaster in Kansas. 

1) Wealth redistribution;

2) From each according to his means; to each according to his needs;

3) The government owns all property and decides who gets what.

If not Marxist - what???

yes it is marxist..and you are the only one on this board claiming its some "unknown posters/partys" goal. you set it up. promote it, and argue it all by yourself. As far left as I am im not a marxist lol. as for the one party rule thing..you have it all your way now. all 3 branches of govt..and your best is a defense of Roy Moore?

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors