From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" DEFINED

Message 51 of 112

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

rk9152 complaining about taxes again , while he enjoys a mostly Tax Payer Funded Federal Pension with Lifetime COLA's and Medical. 

Talk about  Biting the Hand That FEEDS You !!!

Arent you afraid OUR Federal Gov't will run out of money for your Entitlements with all the current Grand Old Plutocrat Tax Cuts ???

rk9152 is not complaining about taxes. He is complaining about the Marxist concept of "wealth redistribution". He also does not understand the envy some have for the benefits he earned as opposed to the benefits people feel entitled to because they need it.

You fail to include that not everybody is fortunate enough to be employed by the government and receive its lucrative pay and lucrative pension with lucrative health care.

You must remember that there are only so many such jobs that the government can "hand out".

So once again rk ..... It's easy for those who have won the lottery to criticize people for being poor!

You have a point. Not everyone brings the same value to the work place hence not everyone reaps the same rewards.

But that wasn't my point rk. You evaded it as it clearly negates what you want to believe!

Of course it wasn't. your point was that anyone who has more than you didn't earn it - they just got lucky.

So, in comes the envy thing and those of less success bringing up "life's lottery" as if they had nothing to do with their lives.

No ..... "In comes" your usual straw man argument to serve as an evasion and confuse the issue!

Was "got lucky" not your point?

I can only speak for myself - I have never criticized anyone for being poor.

Your continual derogatory remarks for poor people seeking government assistance certainly indicate otherwise rk!

Can you cite one derogatory remark? All I do is point out the difference between entitled by having earned vs entitled via need. If that is "derogatory" then truth is derogatory".

Only one envying others and feeling an entitlement to the property of others would see it that way.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 112

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Full quote - “I think it was great at the time when families were united — even though we had slavery. They cared for one another. People were strong in the families. Our families were strong. Our country had a direction.”

A direction supporting slavery, racism and bigotry.

Doubtful any family had any strong values supporting that inhumanity!

There is much positive in that for ALL Americans - family strength.

Not so much for the families who were slaves ..... who saw their families split up and sold off as property for the slave owner and his (supposed) united family!

Fast forward to the 1960 and the War on Poverty - well intentioned but did grave damage to the black family.

And that ill defined "grave damage" was worse than black families treated as slaves? ..... LUDICROUS!

So, slavery is bad, of course - but is family not good?

Family for ALL Americans is good "of course". But that's not what Moore stated!

And Moore also believes that if he asks the mother of a family permission to date the child in that family, it's all A-OK ..... "of course"!

He made a good point in that regard

When he tied his point to a time when black families were slaves, he lost all credibility and re-affirmed himself as a racist!

You are missing an important point - family strength. Can you not see it's value? There are many elements to an era or a society, they are not all good - but the bad does not negate the good.

Remember my words about the "War on Poverty". It was intended to help people and it did help many - but, as an unintended consequence it to an extent destroyed the black family and created generation after generation of dependency. So, was it all bad? Shall we call it racist?

In your view certainly more racist than the confederacy..because those familys all pulled in the same direction.

How do you get that from what I posted. I said strong families were good - nothing racist in that.

Failing to include that it was in the time frame of slavery, where the families of slaves were torn apart and sold off. Thus, not so "strong" for black families!

I said the "war on poverty" damaged some families - nothing racist in that.

And "nothing" to do with anything in Moore's statement .... only serving as an evasion to it!

Sounds like you are pulling phrases out of somewhere without regard to the post you are theoretically responding to.

No ... but it does "sound like" you are attempting to change the topic as an evasion to Moore's racist statement.

Do you think that saying that the war on poverty damaged some black families is racist?

Once again, I think your contrived question has absolutely nothing to do with the topic and only serves as an evasion from Moore's racist statement.

If not, why don't you just let the poster answer for him/her/itself.

I can respond to any post, including your off topic accusatory questions and identify them for what they are.

Of course you can. But in the spirit of friendly discussion it would be appropriate for you to respond to the words in the post you have added your one cent to.

So back to the topic rk, why do you feel that the time frame when America had slavery was when America was great .... as per Moore's racist statement that you feel worthy of defending? 

Certainly not. But the strong family aspect is certainly valid. As I pointed out, I saw damage to many families result from the war on poverty.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 112

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

rk9152 is not complaining about taxes. He is complaining about the Marxist concept of "wealth redistribution". He also does not understand the envy some have for the benefits he earned as opposed to the benefits people feel entitled to because they need it.

And again, the argument that "someone" believes in this Marxist concept is another conservative myth.   You can tell it is a myth because they have yet to produce one op-ed, one article, one speech which calls for this failed economic theory.  

On the other hand, conservatives continue to argue for the trickle down theory which NO economist has ever endorsed and was such a disaster in Kansas. 

1) Wealth redistribution;

2) From each according to his means; to each according to his needs;

3) The government owns all property and decides who gets what.

If not Marxist - what???

Something you keep making up.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 112

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

As to selfishness - I'd say that applies to one who thinks that someone else's property should be spread around to those who didn't earn it.

How frugal of you attempting to keep your own money and not allowing leftists to "take" your money away.

No .... it's the Republicans who want to take away the hard earned money of the struggling middle class and give it to those who are already wealthy.

That's how little you know about the proposed tax cuts. The Republicans (most) want to cut everyone's taxes, yet the left pretend that ONLY Republicans will get tax cuts. Even you (Myexper) will get a tax cut. Of course leftists don't like rich people that are getting their (own) money back. They think it would be better spent on them. 

They have a right to your money.

Yup .... Republicans feel that they have a right to the money of the struggling middle class!

It is the left that benefit from the wealthy people. The top 20% earners in our country pay 84% of all income taxes.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/top-20-of-earners-pay-84-of-income-tax-1428674384

That is also why they don't want tax cuts - because they realize that those paying the most MUST get the biggest tax cuts and those paying zero don't get any.

Wrong again NOTHAPPENING.

The middle class do indeed want to see tax cuts for themselves ..... in proportion to the tax cuts the wealthy have been enjoying for decades ..... enabling them to own 80% of all American wealth.

And now the new Republican tax cuts for the wealthy will enable them to own even disproportionately more ..... further widening the financial gap between America's most wealthy and ALL other Americans!

And BTW .... please recall that Trump is among those you disparage for having paid no taxes!

Again, reread the above since every statement you have made is a lie! You even don't have any proof that Trump paid no taxes. As you can see, the poor and the middle class are being supported by the wealthy.  The left just want more redistribution of the wealth heading to them.

So you are wrong MYEXPER as usual!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 112

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

As to selfishness - I'd say that applies to one who thinks that someone else's property should be spread around to those who didn't earn it.

How frugal of you attempting to keep your own money and not allowing leftists to "take" your money away.

No .... it's the Republicans who want to take away the hard earned money of the struggling middle class and give it to those who are already wealthy.

They have a right to your money.

Yup .... Republicans feel that they have a right to the money of the struggling middle class!

That is also why they don't want tax cuts - because they realize that those paying the most MUST get the biggest tax cuts and those paying zero don't get any.

Wrong again NOTHAPPENING.

The middle class do indeed want to see tax cuts for themselves ..... in proportion to the tax cuts the wealthy have been enjoying for decades ..... enabling them to own 80% of all American wealth.

And now the new Republican tax cuts for the wealthy will enable them to own even disproportionately more ..... further widening the financial gap between America's most wealthy and ALL other Americans!

And BTW .... please recall that Trump is among those you disparage for having paid no taxes!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 112

Being part of a family is an excellent way to stay out of poverty. However, the GOP, led by the same folks who gave us Jim Crow, has systematically written and enforced laws that disproportionatily destroy Black families, all revolving around Nixon's War on Drugs Blacks Use. In a given socio-economic class, there is no race-based difference in the probability a person will use illegal drugs. BUT if the user is Black, there is a 600% greater chance they will be arrested and serve hard time for the "crime". Hard to support a family because you're doing 1 to 3 for carrying some pot in your pocket, a pocket you had to "turn out" during a stop and frisk so the drug was "displayed in public" making a misdemeanor possession a felony attempt to distribute.

Then when you get out, its unlikely the good job you had will be waiting, so you're stuck with minimum wage which will leave you in poverty if you put in 52 40-hour weeks a year.

Then there's what happened to you family while you were doing time - wife working overtime to pay the bills, kids unsupervised from 3:30 when school lets out until 7:30 when you get back from the second job - yeah, that'll work.

Could solve the problem with after school programs, but that would require rich people to pay taxes, so Republicans nixed all the after-school programs they could find to make sure their owners weren't inconvenineced.

We pay taxes to have the society we desire, or in the case of America, rich people don't pay taxes because they know the extra money will insulate THEM from the society the Reaganscam taxes have created.

Time to stop pretending taxes take away what was already yours and educate our kids to the reality that there's a reason their paychecks have the taxes removed BEFORE they get the money- ITS NOT THEIR'S, ITS "OURS" - it pays for the Nation that allowed the job to exist in the first place, No Nation has EVER existed without taxes, and the more the tax, the more advanced the society the Nation supported. That's how we got healthier by putting sewage underground, smarter by educating ALL our young and safer by having PUBLIC police and fire that would come to your aid without you having paid in advance for the service.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 112

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

rk9152 complaining about taxes again , while he enjoys a mostly Tax Payer Funded Federal Pension with Lifetime COLA's and Medical. 

Talk about  Biting the Hand That FEEDS You !!!

Arent you afraid OUR Federal Gov't will run out of money for your Entitlements with all the current Grand Old Plutocrat Tax Cuts ???

You fail to include that not everybody is fortunate enough to be employed by the government and receive its lucrative pay and lucrative pension with lucrative health care.

You must remember that there are only so many such jobs that the government can "hand out".

So once again rk ..... It's easy for those who have won the lottery to criticize people for being poor!

You have a point. Not everyone brings the same value to the work place hence not everyone reaps the same rewards.

But that wasn't my point rk. You evaded it as it clearly negates what you want to believe!

So, in comes the envy thing and those of less success bringing up "life's lottery" as if they had nothing to do with their lives.

No ..... "In comes" your usual straw man argument to serve as an evasion and confuse the issue!

I can only speak for myself - I have never criticized anyone for being poor.

Your continual derogatory remarks for poor people seeking government assistance certainly indicate otherwise rk!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 112

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Full quote - “I think it was great at the time when families were united — even though we had slavery. They cared for one another. People were strong in the families. Our families were strong. Our country had a direction.”

A direction supporting slavery, racism and bigotry.

Doubtful any family had any strong values supporting that inhumanity!

There is much positive in that for ALL Americans - family strength.

Not so much for the families who were slaves ..... who saw their families split up and sold off as property for the slave owner and his (supposed) united family!

Fast forward to the 1960 and the War on Poverty - well intentioned but did grave damage to the black family.

And that ill defined "grave damage" was worse than black families treated as slaves? ..... LUDICROUS!

So, slavery is bad, of course - but is family not good?

Family for ALL Americans is good "of course". But that's not what Moore stated!

And Moore also believes that if he asks the mother of a family permission to date the child in that family, it's all A-OK ..... "of course"!

He made a good point in that regard

When he tied his point to a time when black families were slaves, he lost all credibility and re-affirmed himself as a racist!

You are missing an important point - family strength. Can you not see it's value? There are many elements to an era or a society, they are not all good - but the bad does not negate the good.

Remember my words about the "War on Poverty". It was intended to help people and it did help many - but, as an unintended consequence it to an extent destroyed the black family and created generation after generation of dependency. So, was it all bad? Shall we call it racist?

In your view certainly more racist than the confederacy..because those familys all pulled in the same direction.

How do you get that from what I posted. I said strong families were good - nothing racist in that.

Failing to include that it was in the time frame of slavery, where the families of slaves were torn apart and sold off. Thus, not so "strong" for black families!

I said the "war on poverty" damaged some families - nothing racist in that.

And "nothing" to do with anything in Moore's statement .... only serving as an evasion to it!

Sounds like you are pulling phrases out of somewhere without regard to the post you are theoretically responding to.

No ... but it does "sound like" you are attempting to change the topic as an evasion to Moore's racist statement.

Do you think that saying that the war on poverty damaged some black families is racist?

Once again, I think your contrived question has absolutely nothing to do with the topic and only serves as an evasion from Moore's racist statement.

If not, why don't you just let the poster answer for him/her/itself.

I can respond to any post, including your off topic accusatory questions and identify them for what they are.

So back to the topic rk, why do you feel that the time frame when America had slavery was when America was great .... as per Moore's racist statement that you feel worthy of defending? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 112

@rk9152 wrote:

How frugal of you attempting to keep your own money and not allowing leftists to "take" your money away. They have a right to your money.  That is also why they don't want tax cuts - because they realize that those paying the most MUST get the biggest tax cuts and those paying zero don't get any.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 112

Spot on Phyllis , in my book it's called gratitude and compassion for others who are struggling even though they worked their tails off.

There but for the grace of God , go I.................

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors