From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
313
Views

Re: "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" DEFINED

313 Views
Message 41 of 112

No rk9152 , with all due respect , stop sticking your chest out and show some compassion for those who were not as fortunate as you to land a position that had and still provides a Pension with COLA's and Lifetime Medical. That does not mean you worked any better , smarter or harder than the next person !!!

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
313
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
324
Views

Re: "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" DEFINED

324 Views
Message 42 of 112

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

Certainly not. But the strong family aspect is certainly valid. As I pointed out, I saw damage to many families result from the war on poverty.


 


What damage and what families?  Try and be more specific.


Damage - loss of independence and loss of ability to fend for yourself on a generation after generation basis.

 

What families - one perfect example, the single parent family.

 

I am amazed that you had to be told but I hope that is specific enough for you to understand.


In other words - you have nothing.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
324
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
324
Views

Re: "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" DEFINED

324 Views
Message 43 of 112

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

rk9152 is not complaining about taxes. He is complaining about the Marxist concept of "wealth redistribution". He also does not understand the envy some have for the benefits he earned as opposed to the benefits people feel entitled to because they need it.


And again, the argument that "someone" believes in this Marxist concept is another conservative myth.   You can tell it is a myth because they have yet to produce one op-ed, one article, one speech which calls for this failed economic theory.  

 

On the other hand, conservatives continue to argue for the trickle down theory which NO economist has ever endorsed and was such a disaster in Kansas. 


1) Wealth redistribution;

2) From each according to his means; to each according to his needs;

3) The government owns all property and decides who gets what.

 

If not Marxist - what???


Something you keep making up.


Again, if you do not think that is Marxism, what do you think it is?


This discussion is not about Marxism so why are you trying to bring it up?

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
324
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
325
Views

Re: "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" DEFINED

325 Views
Message 44 of 112

@Richva—People who espouse  such nonsense have either led very insular lifes, and/or have lived in a cave through the entirety of their lives, or have totally succumbed to delusion.  No better way to gain support for the other side than to put out utter dribble.

 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
325
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
345
Views

Re: "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" DEFINED

345 Views
Message 45 of 112

 


@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

rk9152 is not complaining about taxes. He is complaining about the Marxist concept of "wealth redistribution". He also does not understand the envy some have for the benefits he earned as opposed to the benefits people feel entitled to because they need it.


And again, the argument that "someone" believes in this Marxist concept is another conservative myth.   You can tell it is a myth because they have yet to produce one op-ed, one article, one speech which calls for this failed economic theory.  

 

On the other hand, conservatives continue to argue for the trickle down theory which NO economist has ever endorsed and was such a disaster in Kansas. 


1) Wealth redistribution;

2) From each according to his means; to each according to his needs;

3) The government owns all property and decides who gets what.

 

If not Marxist - what???


Something you keep making up.


Again, if you do not think that is Marxism, what do you think it is?


Something that you have been making up that is not in any respect any kind of threat to the government of the US or Citizens of the USA.

 

It's an imaginary threat - a bogus exaggeration brought forth for disingenuous political purposes.

 

It's crackpot McCarthyism wearing different clothing and a newer Halloween scare mask - but it's still the same kind of lies and bovine feces that McCarthy, Welch, Koch, and other wild-eyed hair-on-fire delusional crackpots made up and shoveled over 50 years ago...

 

Bogus then - bogus now.

 

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
345
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
345
Views

Re: "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" DEFINED

345 Views
Message 46 of 112

@rk9152 wrote:

Damage - loss of independence and loss of ability to fend for yourself on a generation after generation basis.

 

What families - one perfect example, the single parent family.

 

I am amazed that you had to be told but I hope that is specific enough for you to understand.


On that single parent thing.... too bad the product of a single parent household cannot achieve anything like say, become a professor of law at Harvard ot President of the United States. Oh wait a second.  Wasn't there a Barack somebody who did that?

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
345
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
343
Views

Re: "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" DEFINED

343 Views
Message 47 of 112

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

Certainly not. But the strong family aspect is certainly valid. As I pointed out, I saw damage to many families result from the war on poverty.


 


What damage and what families?  Try and be more specific.


Damage - loss of independence and loss of ability to fend for yourself on a generation after generation basis.

 

What families - one perfect example, the single parent family.

 

I am amazed that you had to be told but I hope that is specific enough for you to understand.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
343
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
352
Views

Re: "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" DEFINED

352 Views
Message 48 of 112

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

rk9152 is not complaining about taxes. He is complaining about the Marxist concept of "wealth redistribution". He also does not understand the envy some have for the benefits he earned as opposed to the benefits people feel entitled to because they need it.


And again, the argument that "someone" believes in this Marxist concept is another conservative myth.   You can tell it is a myth because they have yet to produce one op-ed, one article, one speech which calls for this failed economic theory.  

 

On the other hand, conservatives continue to argue for the trickle down theory which NO economist has ever endorsed and was such a disaster in Kansas. 


1) Wealth redistribution;

2) From each according to his means; to each according to his needs;

3) The government owns all property and decides who gets what.

 

If not Marxist - what???


Something you keep making up.


Again, if you do not think that is Marxism, what do you think it is?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
352
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
337
Views

Re: "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" DEFINED

337 Views
Message 49 of 112

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Being part of a family is an excellent way to stay out of poverty. However, the GOP, led by the same folks who gave us Jim Crow, has systematically written and enforced laws that disproportionatily destroy Black families, all revolving around Nixon's War on Drugs Blacks Use. In a given socio-economic class, there is no race-based difference in the probability a person will use illegal drugs. BUT if the user is Black, there is a 600% greater chance they will be arrested and serve hard time for the "crime". Hard to support a family because you're doing 1 to 3 for carrying some pot in your pocket, a pocket you had to "turn out" during a stop and frisk so the drug was "displayed in public" making a misdemeanor possession a felony attempt to distribute.

What part of the harsher penalties having been enacted at the request of the CBC can you not understand. And, just because you make up a scenario as above does not make it standard. On the other hand, if you frequent high crime areas, you can expect to get more police attention. And it isn't Jim Crowe, the GOP or Nixon that is making a high crime area a high crime area.

 

Then when you get out, its unlikely the good job you had will be waiting, so you're stuck with minimum wage which will leave you in poverty if you put in 52 40-hour weeks a year.

 

Then there's what happened to you family while you were doing time - wife working overtime to pay the bills, kids unsupervised from 3:30 when school lets out until 7:30 when you get back from the second job - yeah, that'll work.

Yes, such conditions exist. How do people get themselves into such situations? What do federal programs to to fix the problems? They don't they only maintain them.

 

Could solve the problem with after school programs, but that would require rich people to pay taxes, so Republicans nixed all the after-school programs they could find to make sure their owners weren't inconvenineced.

We have plenty of afterschool programs. In fact we have schools the cannot close over holiday periods because they have become the sole provider of means to kids. 

 

We pay taxes to have the society we desire, or in the case of America, rich people don't pay taxes because they know the extra money will insulate THEM from the society the Reaganscam taxes have created.

Reagan ruined society? How about the damage done by the war on poverty which assured single parent homes?

 

Time to stop pretending taxes take away what was already yours and educate our kids to the reality that there's a reason their paychecks have the taxes removed BEFORE they get the money- ITS NOT THEIR'S, ITS "OURS" - it pays for the Nation that allowed the job to exist in the first place, No Nation has EVER existed without taxes, and the more the tax, the more advanced the society the Nation supported. That's how we got healthier by putting sewage underground, smarter by educating ALL our young and safer by having PUBLIC police and fire that would come to your aid without you having paid in advance for the service.

A person works and earns. The government seizes the workers property to distribute it to others (in the scenario we are discussing) - it matters not WHEN it is seized - it is seized.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
337
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
334
Views

Re: "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" DEFINED

334 Views
Message 50 of 112

@rk9152 wrote:

 

Certainly not. But the strong family aspect is certainly valid. As I pointed out, I saw damage to many families result from the war on poverty.


 


What damage and what families?  Try and be more specific.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
334
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors