Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" DEFINED

Message 91 of 112

@Olderscout66 wrote:

So how about Moore's academic and military "credentials"?

As for West Point, it's a 100% Political Appointment with requirements set by politicians. His time in Vietnam was spent commanding the guardforce for a military confinement facility ad Da Nang, one of the most heavily defended Americans positions in the country. While there, his REMF behavior made him a constant target for fragging, the method disgusted GIs employed for getting rid of officers whose behavior was so overbearing and reckless the troops considered murder a reasonable response. He left the Army as a Captain with a West Point Ring, a combination found only in the abysmally incompetent.

And here's a note from one of his law professors:

George Thomas Wilson, a retired magazine-marketing and P.R. professional now living in New York City, has never forgotten his first criminal-law class, at the University of Alabama School of Law, in 1974. It was taught by Clint McGee, who graduated from the law school himself, in 1940. Early in the class, McGee called on one of Wilson’s classmates, a United States Military Academy graduate named Roy Moore. “And, for the entire hour, McGee kept him standing and talking, standing and talking,” Wilson told me recently. “Finally, at the end of the hour, McGee said to him, ‘Mr. Moore, I have been teaching in this school for thirty years, and in all of that time you’re the most mixed-up person I’ve ever taught. I’m going to call you Fruit Salad.”

neoRepublicans are so wedded to stupidity they lash out whenever their lack of rationality, reason or just plain facts is exposed, calling the ones who expose them "elitist" for not swallowing the swill that GOPerts thrive (and get elected) on.

What is all that - a defense of "backwoods hillbilly"?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 112

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

If you want to Make America Great Again by helping families, stop electing Republicans who redistrubute all the wealth from the middle to the very top. The Papa Johns guy is right, having a business succeed puts the owners.managers under no oblication to share the profits with the workers. But for 40 YEARS owners/managers DID share 96% of the gains from increased worker productivity with the workers. this slowed dow beginning when LBJ cut the TMR from 91% down to 77%, then 70% to gain support for his worthless war in Vietnam, but it wasn't until the REagan taxscam slashed the TMR to 28% that owners/managers actually held wages BELOW inflation causing real middle class incomes to SHRINK for the first time in our history.

What stron families? Repeal the Reagan taxscam and make it more desirable to give the money the workers produce to the workers insterad of the managers so peop-le can have good lives on one income, kids will again have parential supervision, and families can save for their futures. If you want to extend the benefit to black families, stop the Nixon War on Drugs Black People Use, LEGALIZE POT AND DECRIMINALIZE EVERYTHING ELSE.

Once again the old saw - I"f only we took 90% of that the rich made away from them they would pay their workers more".

And the racist idea of legalize the illegal activities of blacks and their lives will be better. I assume you are referring to crack which carries a higher penalty. A higher penalty that was put in place at the demand of the CBC because to the devastation crack was bringing to the black community.

So many GOPerLies, so little time.

First, tax doesn't "take away", it ensures the continuation of what's already there and is just another factor like the cost of goods sold that comes out of the profit from your labor BEFORE you get paid, so in no way shape of form was the money YOURS to begin with.

Yes, ypur theory is that the goverment owns everything and distributes it as it sees fit. However, there is another theory involving private property including income'

Second, a TMR of 90% does not mean taking 90% of income - when we had a TMR of 91% or more for 40 years, the very highest incomes conly contributed 68% of income and still managed to live like kings on 20-30% of their AFTER tax income, investing the remainder in sterile products like existing stocks and realestate.

Bottom line of your theory is that the more of the property of the productive the government seizes, the more the productive will be inclined to give to their employees. A strange oft repeated theory.

Third, only GOPers believe and act as if black lives were more criminal than white ones, it's the GOP's SELECTIVE drug laws that are the problem. Study after study has proven blacks and whites in the same economic situation are equally likely to use drugs. What the GOPer legislation and enforcement has done is to ARREST blacks SIX TIMES AS OFTER as whites for the same drug related crimes. As for the devistation from crack, true, but it wasn't Black crime lords who promoted the drug, it was the WHITE crime bosses. But it was black citizens who were trapped by its incredible addictive quality and then jailed, depriving their families of a parent. Blaming the CBC for a situation created by Nixon's War on Drugs Black People Use is typical of the covert racism practiced 24/7 by the neoRepublicans.

No one is blaming the CBC. I am merely pointing out that the increased penalties for crack were put in place at the demand of the CBC. The rest is just you using racism to make an unmakable case.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 112

Richva:  Could you please point to the study that shows how Federal assistance destroyed the black family and made them dependent?  I seem to have missed that one. 

It will take a while. There are tons of conservative talking points to sift through about how the Democrats have turned blacks into reliable Dem voters by buying them off with public assisstance. The fact that it's nonsense makes no difference.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 112

So how about Moore's academic and military "credentials"?

As for West Point, it's a 100% Political Appointment with requirements set by politicians. His time in Vietnam was spent commanding the guardforce for a military confinement facility ad Da Nang, one of the most heavily defended Americans positions in the country. While there, his REMF behavior made him a constant target for fragging, the method disgusted GIs employed for getting rid of officers whose behavior was so overbearing and reckless the troops considered murder a reasonable response. He left the Army as a Captain with a West Point Ring, a combination found only in the abysmally incompetent.

And here's a note from one of his law professors:

George Thomas Wilson, a retired magazine-marketing and P.R. professional now living in New York City, has never forgotten his first criminal-law class, at the University of Alabama School of Law, in 1974. It was taught by Clint McGee, who graduated from the law school himself, in 1940. Early in the class, McGee called on one of Wilson’s classmates, a United States Military Academy graduate named Roy Moore. “And, for the entire hour, McGee kept him standing and talking, standing and talking,” Wilson told me recently. “Finally, at the end of the hour, McGee said to him, ‘Mr. Moore, I have been teaching in this school for thirty years, and in all of that time you’re the most mixed-up person I’ve ever taught. I’m going to call you Fruit Salad.”

neoRepublicans are so wedded to stupidity they lash out whenever their lack of rationality, reason or just plain facts is exposed, calling the ones who expose them "elitist" for not swallowing the swill that GOPerts thrive (and get elected) on.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 112

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

If you want to Make America Great Again by helping families, stop electing Republicans who redistrubute all the wealth from the middle to the very top. The Papa Johns guy is right, having a business succeed puts the owners.managers under no oblication to share the profits with the workers. But for 40 YEARS owners/managers DID share 96% of the gains from increased worker productivity with the workers. this slowed dow beginning when LBJ cut the TMR from 91% down to 77%, then 70% to gain support for his worthless war in Vietnam, but it wasn't until the REagan taxscam slashed the TMR to 28% that owners/managers actually held wages BELOW inflation causing real middle class incomes to SHRINK for the first time in our history.

What stron families? Repeal the Reagan taxscam and make it more desirable to give the money the workers produce to the workers insterad of the managers so peop-le can have good lives on one income, kids will again have parential supervision, and families can save for their futures. If you want to extend the benefit to black families, stop the Nixon War on Drugs Black People Use, LEGALIZE POT AND DECRIMINALIZE EVERYTHING ELSE.

Once again the old saw - I"f only we took 90% of that the rich made away from them they would pay their workers more".

And the racist idea of legalize the illegal activities of blacks and their lives will be better. I assume you are referring to crack which carries a higher penalty. A higher penalty that was put in place at the demand of the CBC because to the devastation crack was bringing to the black community.

So many GOPerLies, so little time.

First, tax doesn't "take away", it ensures the continuation of what's already there and is just another factor like the cost of goods sold that comes out of the profit from your labor BEFORE you get paid, so in no way shape of form was the money YOURS to begin with.

Second, a TMR of 90% does not mean taking 90% of income - when we had a TMR of 91% or more for 40 years, the very highest incomes conly contributed 68% of income and still managed to live like kings on 20-30% of their AFTER tax income, investing the remainder in sterile products like existing stocks and realestate.

Third, only GOPers believe and act as if black lives were more criminal than white ones, it's the GOP's SELECTIVE drug laws that are the problem. Study after study has proven blacks and whites in the same economic situation are equally likely to use drugs. What the GOPer legislation and enforcement has done is to ARREST blacks SIX TIMES AS OFTER as whites for the same drug related crimes. As for the devistation from crack, true, but it wasn't Black crime lords who promoted the drug, it was the WHITE crime bosses. But it was black citizens who were trapped by its incredible addictive quality and then jailed, depriving their families of a parent. Blaming the CBC for a situation created by Nixon's War on Drugs Black People Use is typical of the covert racism practiced 24/7 by the neoRepublicans.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 112

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

Pity kudo—after a while, people just stop responding to lies and Alt. Right Facist garbage.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Was there anything in particular in my post that earned the snottiness or are you just in a snotty mood today?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 112

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 112

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

Roy Moore gives the term back woods hillbilly a bad name.

Repugnant to the max, his election to the Senate would be yet another black eye for America.  

If he is elected, I will be very concerned with regard to the lack of morality and decency in this country. 

The fact that people like he and trump could even be thought to be of sufficient worth to run, much less be elected, tells me that this country has reached a MORAL DILEMMA.

Being born in Gadston Al hardly makes one "backwoods". He attended West Point - hardly "backwoods hillbilly". He was the Chief Justice of the State Supreme Court - hardly "hillbilly".

It seems the the pc elitism is showing through again.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 112

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Remember my words about the "War on Poverty". It was intended to help people and it did help many - but, as an unintended consequence it to an extent destroyed the black family and created generation after generation of dependency. So, was it all bad? Shall we call it racist?

Could you please point to the study that shows how Federal assistance destroyed the black family and made them dependent?  I seem to have missed that one. 

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/louiswoodhill/2014/03/19/t...

https://nationalcenter.org/2014/01/08/lbjs-war-on-poverty-hurt-black-americans/

One basic reality is that law which requires the absence of the father from the home cannot be a positive for the family strength.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 112

Pity kudo—after a while, people just stop responding to lies and Alt. Right Facist garbage.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors