Medicare open enrollment ends Dec. 7! Get the information you need from AARP’s Medicare resource center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" DEFINED

Message 31 of 112

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Full quote - “I think it was great at the time when families were united — even though we had slavery. They cared for one another. People were strong in the families. Our families were strong. Our country had a direction.”

A direction supporting slavery, racism and bigotry.

Doubtful any family had any strong values supporting that inhumanity!

There is much positive in that for ALL Americans - family strength.

Not so much for the families who were slaves ..... who saw their families split up and sold off as property for the slave owner and his (supposed) united family!

Fast forward to the 1960 and the War on Poverty - well intentioned but did grave damage to the black family.

And that ill defined "grave damage" was worse than black families treated as slaves? ..... LUDICROUS!

So, slavery is bad, of course - but is family not good?

Family for ALL Americans is good "of course". But that's not what Moore stated!

And Moore also believes that if he asks the mother of a family permission to date the child in that family, it's all A-OK ..... "of course"!

He made a good point in that regard

When he tied his point to a time when black families were slaves, he lost all credibility and re-affirmed himself as a racist!

You are missing an important point - family strength. Can you not see it's value? There are many elements to an era or a society, they are not all good - but the bad does not negate the good.

Remember my words about the "War on Poverty". It was intended to help people and it did help many - but, as an unintended consequence it to an extent destroyed the black family and created generation after generation of dependency. So, was it all bad? Shall we call it racist?

In your view certainly more racist than the confederacy..because those familys all pulled in the same direction.

How do you get that from what I posted. I said strong families were good - nothing racist in that.

Failing to include that it was in the time frame of slavery, where the families of slaves were torn apart and sold off. Thus, not so "strong" for black families!

I said the "war on poverty" damaged some families - nothing racist in that.

And "nothing" to do with anything in Moore's statement .... only serving as an evasion to it!

Sounds like you are pulling phrases out of somewhere without regard to the post you are theoretically responding to.

No ... but it does "sound like" you are attempting to change the topic as an evasion to Moore's racist statement.

Do you think that saying that the war on poverty damaged some black families is racist?

Once again, I think your contrived question has absolutely nothing to do with the topic and only serves as an evasion from Moore's racist statement.

If not, why don't you just let the poster answer for him/her/itself.

I can respond to any post, including your off topic accusatory questions and identify them for what they are.

Of course you can. But in the spirit of friendly discussion it would be appropriate for you to respond to the words in the post you have added your one cent to.

I did!!!

So back to the topic rk, why do you feel that the time frame when America had slavery was when America was great .... as per Moore's racist statement that you feel worthy of defending? 

Certainly not. But the strong family aspect is certainly valid.

How was it any "strong family aspect" for the slaves in Moore's time frame who had their families brutally tortured and broken up by white slave owners?

As I pointed out, I saw damage to many families result from the war on poverty.

And still, absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic ..... only an off topic evasion from Moore's racist comment!

Then why don't you just ignore it rather than trying to pick a fight about it?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 112

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@mandm84–How sad when luck strips away any hint of compassion, for it is what separates humans from lesser animals. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Ah yes, the traditional "victim's" thinking, "luck" or "life's lottery". No possibility given to "earned".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 112

@mandm84 wrote:

No rk9152 , with all due respect , stop sticking your chest out and show some compassion for those who were not as fortunate as you to land a position that had and still provides a Pension with COLA's and Lifetime Medical. That does not mean you worked any better , smarter or harder than the next person !!!

No "chest sticking" - just pointing out that we do not all bring the same to the marketplace and therefore our rewards vary.

If you do not like the way the federal government works out it's employment contracts, take it up with them.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 112

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Certainly not. But the strong family aspect is certainly valid. As I pointed out, I saw damage to many families result from the war on poverty.

What damage and what families?  Try and be more specific.

Damage - loss of independence and loss of ability to fend for yourself on a generation after generation basis.

What families - one perfect example, the single parent family.

I am amazed that you had to be told but I hope that is specific enough for you to understand.

In other words - you have nothing.

Is it your point that the single family home is not a problem?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 112

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

rk9152 is not complaining about taxes. He is complaining about the Marxist concept of "wealth redistribution". He also does not understand the envy some have for the benefits he earned as opposed to the benefits people feel entitled to because they need it.

And again, the argument that "someone" believes in this Marxist concept is another conservative myth.   You can tell it is a myth because they have yet to produce one op-ed, one article, one speech which calls for this failed economic theory.  

On the other hand, conservatives continue to argue for the trickle down theory which NO economist has ever endorsed and was such a disaster in Kansas. 

1) Wealth redistribution;

2) From each according to his means; to each according to his needs;

3) The government owns all property and decides who gets what.

If not Marxist - what???

Something you keep making up.

Again, if you do not think that is Marxism, what do you think it is?

This discussion is not about Marxism so why are you trying to bring it up?

I was referring to comments by rich. Is that not permitted? Do you have nay thoughts on the topic except what I can and cannot post?

And, once again, if that is not Marxism, what is it (since you have chosen to interject yourself)?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 112

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@Richva—People who espouse  such nonsense have either led very insular lifes, and/or have lived in a cave through the entirety of their lives, or have totally succumbed to delusion.  No better way to gain support for the other side than to put out utter dribble.

And which "nonsense" and "dribble" are you referring to? Is the single parent home not a problem? Is dependency on the government not a problem? Or are you (as usual) just responding based on the name of the poster?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 112

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

rk9152 complaining about taxes again , while he enjoys a mostly Tax Payer Funded Federal Pension with Lifetime COLA's and Medical. 

Talk about  Biting the Hand That FEEDS You !!!

Arent you afraid OUR Federal Gov't will run out of money for your Entitlements with all the current Grand Old Plutocrat Tax Cuts ???

rk9152 is not complaining about taxes. He is complaining about the Marxist concept of "wealth redistribution". He also does not understand the envy some have for the benefits he earned as opposed to the benefits people feel entitled to because they need it.

You fail to include that not everybody is fortunate enough to be employed by the government and receive its lucrative pay and lucrative pension with lucrative health care.

You must remember that there are only so many such jobs that the government can "hand out".

So once again rk ..... It's easy for those who have won the lottery to criticize people for being poor!

You have a point. Not everyone brings the same value to the work place hence not everyone reaps the same rewards.

But that wasn't my point rk. You evaded it as it clearly negates what you want to believe!

Of course it wasn't.

Yet you stated it was. Focus on what you previously posted!!!

your point was that anyone who has more than you didn't earn it - they just got lucky.

Nope ..... I never stated nor implied that. You made it up!!!

So, in comes the envy thing and those of less success bringing up "life's lottery" as if they had nothing to do with their lives.

No ..... "In comes" your usual straw man argument to serve as an evasion and confuse the issue!

Was "got lucky" not your point?

A half truth.

Because you had a job with lucrative pay, benefits and retirement does not mean that all other people who work have the same pay, benefits and retirement .... and does not give you the right to place yourself on a pedestal and criticize those who now need assistance because their  jobs did not have the same lucrative compensation as was given to you!

I can only speak for myself - I have never criticized anyone for being poor.

Your continual derogatory remarks for poor people seeking government assistance certainly indicate otherwise rk!

Can you cite one derogatory remark?

Actually , several. But no matter how many I cite, you'll just deny them all ...... as you typically do whenever you are confronted with the evidence you demand! 

All I do is point out the difference between entitled by having earned vs entitled via need. If that is "derogatory" then truth is derogatory".

Your derogatory comments for those 'in need' clearly suggest otherwise rk!

Only one envying others and feeling an entitlement to the property of others would see it that way.

Always pathetic to see people who have won the lottery of life feel "entitled" to disparage those who have far less!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 112

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Full quote - “I think it was great at the time when families were united — even though we had slavery. They cared for one another. People were strong in the families. Our families were strong. Our country had a direction.”

A direction supporting slavery, racism and bigotry.

Doubtful any family had any strong values supporting that inhumanity!

There is much positive in that for ALL Americans - family strength.

Not so much for the families who were slaves ..... who saw their families split up and sold off as property for the slave owner and his (supposed) united family!

Fast forward to the 1960 and the War on Poverty - well intentioned but did grave damage to the black family.

And that ill defined "grave damage" was worse than black families treated as slaves? ..... LUDICROUS!

So, slavery is bad, of course - but is family not good?

Family for ALL Americans is good "of course". But that's not what Moore stated!

And Moore also believes that if he asks the mother of a family permission to date the child in that family, it's all A-OK ..... "of course"!

He made a good point in that regard

When he tied his point to a time when black families were slaves, he lost all credibility and re-affirmed himself as a racist!

You are missing an important point - family strength. Can you not see it's value? There are many elements to an era or a society, they are not all good - but the bad does not negate the good.

Remember my words about the "War on Poverty". It was intended to help people and it did help many - but, as an unintended consequence it to an extent destroyed the black family and created generation after generation of dependency. So, was it all bad? Shall we call it racist?

In your view certainly more racist than the confederacy..because those familys all pulled in the same direction.

How do you get that from what I posted. I said strong families were good - nothing racist in that.

Failing to include that it was in the time frame of slavery, where the families of slaves were torn apart and sold off. Thus, not so "strong" for black families!

I said the "war on poverty" damaged some families - nothing racist in that.

And "nothing" to do with anything in Moore's statement .... only serving as an evasion to it!

Sounds like you are pulling phrases out of somewhere without regard to the post you are theoretically responding to.

No ... but it does "sound like" you are attempting to change the topic as an evasion to Moore's racist statement.

Do you think that saying that the war on poverty damaged some black families is racist?

Once again, I think your contrived question has absolutely nothing to do with the topic and only serves as an evasion from Moore's racist statement.

If not, why don't you just let the poster answer for him/her/itself.

I can respond to any post, including your off topic accusatory questions and identify them for what they are.

Of course you can. But in the spirit of friendly discussion it would be appropriate for you to respond to the words in the post you have added your one cent to.

I did!!!

So back to the topic rk, why do you feel that the time frame when America had slavery was when America was great .... as per Moore's racist statement that you feel worthy of defending? 

Certainly not. But the strong family aspect is certainly valid.

How was it any "strong family aspect" for the slaves in Moore's time frame who had their families brutally tortured and broken up by white slave owners?

As I pointed out, I saw damage to many families result from the war on poverty.

And still, absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic ..... only an off topic evasion from Moore's racist comment!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 112

@mandm84–How sad when luck strips away any hint of compassion, for it is what separates humans from lesser animals. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 112

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

As to selfishness - I'd say that applies to one who thinks that someone else's property should be spread around to those who didn't earn it.

How frugal of you attempting to keep your own money and not allowing leftists to "take" your money away.

No .... it's the Republicans who want to take away the hard earned money of the struggling middle class and give it to those who are already wealthy.

That's how little you know about the proposed tax cuts. The Republicans (most) want to cut everyone's taxes, yet the left pretend that ONLY Republicans will get tax cuts.

Nope .... that was never stated. You made it up!

Even you (Myexper) will get a tax cut.

Doubtful ..... If I do, it will be minimalistic, just as it will be for middle class families. More likely, I will get a tax hike. Just as many middle class families will also experience.

Of course leftists don't like rich people that are getting their (own) money back. They think it would be better spent on them. 

Wrong again. Rich people will receive a disproportionate colossal tax cut, making the already wealthy far more wealthy while the middle class will either receive a tax hike or a minimalistic tax cut.

They have a right to your money.

Yup .... Republicans feel that they have a right to the money of the struggling middle class!

It is the left that benefit from the wealthy people.

Absurd. Any proof for that ludicrous statement?

The top 20% earners in our country pay 84% of all income taxes.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/top-20-of-earners-pay-84-of-income-tax-1428674384

Failing to mention that those "top 20%" also own 86% of the country's wealth NOTHAPPENING! 

That is also why they don't want tax cuts - because they realize that those paying the most MUST get the biggest tax cuts and those paying zero don't get any.

Wrong again NOTHAPPENING.

The middle class do indeed want to see tax cuts for themselves ..... in proportion to the tax cuts the wealthy have been enjoying for decades ..... enabling them to own 80% of all American wealth.

And now the new Republican tax cuts for the wealthy will enable them to own even disproportionately more ..... further widening the financial gap between America's most wealthy and ALL other Americans!

And BTW .... please recall that Trump is among those you disparage for having paid no taxes!

Again, reread the above since every statement you have made is a lie!

An unsubstantiated and totally false insulting accusation!

You even don't have any proof that Trump paid no taxes.

Awww .... not again!  That's a big not true NOTHAPPENING!!!!

In another topic you made that same false accusation and it was thoroughly de-bunked!

As you can see, the poor and the middle class are being supported by the wealthy. 

Nope .... can't see that NOTHAPPENING. Got any proof for that absurd statement?

The left just want more redistribution of the wealth heading to them.

The "wealth" has been redistributed to the wealthy for decades NOTHAPPENING ..... with their tax brackets being reduced from 94% to 39.6%. And now your Republicans want to redistribute even more wealth to the already wealthy with their despicable tax changes!

So you are wrong MYEXPER as usual!

Nope .... but "as usual" all you have posted is an unsubstantiated rant filled reply with false accusations and gross misinformation!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22