Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "ICE Came to Take Their Neighbor. They Said No"B

Message 1 of 4

Bravo to those brave American patriots who stood in the face of tyranny!  Bravo to the Nashville Police who did not "assist" ICE (The American Gestapo).  Here again, we see the comparison of the advent of Nazi Germany and the now burgeoning dictatorship of The Donald.

So let us remember these words:

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "ICE Came to Take Their Neighbor. They Said No"

Message 2 of 4

A CNN article published 23-Jul-2019 entitled "ICE officers came for a Tennessee man. His neighbors stepped in to stop them" reported. I felt very proud when I read it then, and now even more so...

Thanks, @FredSmif , for posting this opinion piece info!

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "ICE Came to Take Their Neighbor. They Said No"

Message 3 of 4

Good patriotic Americans need to do lots more of that kind of "geting in the way" of "iceholes" who after all, work for the department of HS (halfwitted stupidity).

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

"ICE Came to Take Their Neighbor. They Said No"

Message 4 of 4

In the New York Times today https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/05/opinion/ice-undocumented-migrants.html

Article (this is under "Opinion" and not "News", but I hadn't any news coverage of this) discusses an ICE operation in Tennessee to collect an illegal/undocumented immigrant who had lived in the working class neighborhood for 14 years with his wife and son. ICE showed up to apprehend him, using some lying techniquess. Many in his neighbor came to his aid 

"Neighbors witnessing the standoff were appalled. “We was like, ‘Oh my God, are you serious?’” Angela Glass told WPLN. “And that’s when everybody got mad and was like, ‘They don’t do nothing, they don’t bother nobody, you haven’t got no complaints from them. Police have never been called over there. All they do is work and take care of their family and take care of the community.’”"

ICE summoned police from nearby Nashville. They did not assist ICE although this was not a "sanctuary" community. They were there in the event of any disruptions. Eventually ICE left. Probably to return.

Now, "illegal" is illegal. But the treatment of these people is appalling by any decent critera. 

Anyway, an interesting article.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors