WATCH VIDEO: Day 5 of Iowa presidential candidate forum with Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "I'm Not a Racist"

Message 41 of 48

@ChasKy53 wrote:

God I wish that we could all 'get along'. What a wonderful nation we could be.

Not getting along about something or other seems to be an unchangeable human chacteristic that's at least ten or twenty thousand years old at last count...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 48

God I wish that we could all 'get along'. What a wonderful nation we could be.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 48

@jims730656 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

Heavy stuff, but points for everyone to think about.  

Think about?

"A conservative is a man who just sits and thinks - mostly sits." 

Woodrow Wilson

Any action taken by anyone for any reason should have some thought given to it before doing it.  Otherwise you just have blind impulse.  And I would say that blind, and ignorant impulse is a component of racism in many ways.

Besides, I was saying the VIDEO was something to think about.  NOT 'racism' itself.  I thought that was rather obvious.

I've seen, heard and experienced bias, bigotry, prejudice, and racism - often on a first person basis for most of my adult life. 

In the late sixties, my first wife was black - our separation was mutual because she wanted big city life, and I was going to remain in Co. mountain towns - my wife of 40+ years is 1/4 Hispanic, 1/4 Ute, and 1/2 Navajo.   

Over the years, we've adopted kids from racial heritages other than ours which made us rather a "heinz 57" family - while the kids were at home - but like all kids - they are out of the house living life on their terms...

I've had over 50 years to consider/think/examine and have long ago come to a very fine and exact understanding of white republican/conservative racial bias/prejudice/bigotry/racism and understand the variants of racially biased apologetics for what the variants are pretending to be - versus what they really are trying to say and do.  

Yeah, I understand that much of it is more culturally acquired/reflexive than calculated - but it's still very, very wrong.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 48

@alferdpacker wrote:

@jims730656 wrote:

Think about?

Woodrow Wilson

Any action taken by anyone for any reason should have some thought given to it before doing it.  Otherwise you just have blind impulse.  And I would say that blind, and ignorant impulse is a component of racism in many ways.

Besides, I was saying the VIDEO was something to think about.  NOT 'racism' itself.  I thought that was rather obvious.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 48

@jims730656 wrote:

Think about?

Woodrow Wilson

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 48

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 48

Both of those men are speaking truthfully - both are correct to the exact same degree.

The error consists of mistakenly believing that only one's own point of view and one's own feelings could possibly be the only correct view and feelings.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

"I'm Not a Racist"

Message 48 of 48

We were all humans until

Race disconnected us,

Religion separated us,

Politics divided us,

And wealth classified us.

"I'm Not a Racist"

WARNING - STRONG LANGUAGE

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Replies