From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "I live in Sweden"

Message 1 of 12

@Olderscout66 wrote:

From what I've seen, all that happened is your country swapped one dictator, who took all the goodies for himself and his friends, for another dictator, who took the means of producing those goodies for himself and his friends. Sorry, but I am going to disagree with you completely. that was not the case. at all. yes we did have a dictator in Basista, but we change a dictator for a different type of political system called communism. I do hope that you understand the difference.

Some people think wanting to make our country better means we don't love it. But the ones who REALLY hate America are the ones who hate AMERICANS, who happen to be non-white and non-rich. those people call themselves "Conservatives" but all they want to "conserve" is Rich White Domination of America. The only way they can hold back the future is to work as fast as they can to turn the bottom 90% into "wage slaves" who cannot afford to dislodge the Corporate Oligarchy and restore the Freedom their parents had back before Reagan when the profits from their labor showed up in their paychecks.

So Scout, the only people that understand ethnic minorities and racism  are the Democrats? please!!!!!  I wish it was that easy. This country has been a racist country for over 200 years, and to date, you have not been able to resolve this issue.

I have said this before and will say it again. you will never ever understand how racist this country is, until  this country stops differentiating people by their race and national origin. It is a disgrace that in this date and age. there are such things as African Americans, Jewish Americans, Cuban Americans,Asian American and so on and on  and on. and don't understand that  alone that differentiation will not allow this country to overcome their racism  If you are born in this country you are an AMERICAN,  period.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12

My daughter Ashley, has been to Sweden 6x . She just loves it there. I wasn't to happy about seeing her on a mountain on New Year's Eve. But, she came back in one piece. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

@rker321 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

If there was a country I loved so much more than my country which is the United States of American, I would be packing and moving there rather than admiring from a distance.

Spmetimes that doesn't work out like that.  and I had to come here to scape what my country had become. 

From what I've seen, all that happened is your country swapped one dictator, who took all the goodies for himself and his friends, for another dictator, who took the means of producing those goodies for himself and his friends.

Some people think wanting to make our country better means we don't love it. But the ones who REALLY hate America are the ones who hate AMERICANS, who happen to be non-white and non-rich. those people call themselves "Conservatives" but all they want to "conserve" is Rich White Domination of America. The only way they can hold back the future is to work as fast as they can to turn the bottom 90% into "wage slaves" who cannot afford to dislodge the Corporate Oligarchy and restore the Freedom their parents had back before Reagan when the profits from their labor showed up in their paychecks.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

@Soosie wrote:
so they see what COULD BE and want to give it to the people we love........@Scout................so what keeps you from giving to the people you love?

I do, in amounts that make itemizing a good deal come tax time. But my meger personal resources are not adequate for the task, so I use my vote to do what citizens of every other Democracy have already done - arrange for We the People to work together through our Government to satisfy the needs of the Least of those among us.

Problem is Republicans keep Gerrymandering and voter suppressing their way into power, and instead redistribute what the middle class has into the pockets of the Uberrich, calling it "tax cuts" and claiming someday it will benefit the bottom 99%.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12

@Soosie wrote:
so they see what COULD BE and want to give it to the people we love........@Scout................so what keeps you from giving to the people you love?

Good question. Usually, it is the Republican aristocracy. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

@Soosie wrote:

If there was a country I loved so much more than my country which is the United States of American, I would be packing and moving there rather than admiring from a distance.

Spmetimes that doesn't work out like that.  and I had to come here to scape what my country had become. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

Based on the content of their posts, IMHO our Regressives need to pack their bags for Somila as that is the place with the kind of Government they strongly support and want to bring here.

Progressives love America but we love the PEOPLE of America more, so they see what COULD BE and want to give it to the people we love.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12

It’s terrible to live that way, isn’t it? How can they not prefer to live in a trump authoritarian state, with sky high costs and a system of winners and losers?

trump, his friends and repubs have set in place a “dracula” society... they need live bodies that they can suck dry, over and over and over!

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors