Protect your digital identity with AARP’s fraud resource center. Try it today!

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "I'M NOT GOING TO CUT SOCIAL SECURITY OR MEDICARE"

Message 1 of 21

When Donald Trump decided to run for the presidency, I think he took the position of saying whatever (anything and everything, fact or fiction) might convince the people to vote for him.  And so he began a campaign of promises based on lies that have left him clearly a man with no honor or bond.  Certainly his word is NOT his bond.  That's for sure!

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/3/12/18260271/trump-medicaid-social-security-medicare-b...

So despite his "promises" to leave our social safety nets untouched, he has now offered them up in order to console his paper thin ego in his quest to win and thus build his beloved WALL.  For in his ego driven mind, there is nothing more important than getting that wall up; even if it means having to "steal" 845 BILLION dollars earmarked for social services/programs that have been paid for by our tax revenues and that benefit the American people--especially the most vulnerable of our populace (i.e. the poor, the sick, and the old).  

Ah yes, there is something to be said for compassion and Mr. Trump is now the quintessential example of what happens when one without it is left to be the keeper at the gate.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 21

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

Image result for trump's quote about republicans being dumb

Now, "this" is one statement out of the mouth of Trump which was his forever truth and not a lie.  However, it seems almost every word or promise made since this Counterfeit President's accent to the White House, has been fraught with nothing but lies and yet his supporters have remained staunch and are "still eating it up!" 

Lil donny is, was and ever will be a lying soggy sack. But Republicans will back anyone who is hurting people Republicans hate - mostly the poor and non-white, but also Muslims and anyone who dares oppose their redistribution of income and wealth from the Middle Class to the top 10% via the paradigm shift brought about by the Reagan Taxscam.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 21

Image result for trump's quote about republicans being dumb

Now, "this" is one statement out of the mouth of Trump which was his forever truth and not a lie.  However, it seems almost every word or promise made since this Counterfeit President's accent to the White House, has been fraught with nothing but lies and yet his supporters have remained staunch and are "still eating it up!" 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 21

Soosie , the same righty's who keep bringing up Hillary , it's their distraction or excuse for President Trump. Instead of owning up , it's "whine" about Hillary or Obama.

Great Defense huh ?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 21

@Soosie wrote:
Why were the cuts to waste and fraud so objectionable to the right when they were done under Obama?.....................Good grief!! Can some of you take a laxative and get Obama out of your minds?

Because lil donny's slashing has nothing to do with waste, fraud OR abuse, and is nothing more than a redistribution of FROM from programs that predominantly assists the elderly bottom 90% TO programs that feed the greed of the Death Merchants and other Corporate Oligarchs. The cuts WILL reduce services avaliable to Medicare recepients because providers will not provide them at prices below what they ahd previously negotiated. This is the reason lil donny has not provided ANY description of what was being wasted. defrauded or abused - BECAUSE THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS SERVICE REDUCTIONS.

President Obama was VERY clear as to HOW the redirecting of funds was to end jrbush's policy of allowing providers to charge up to 135% of the previously agreed prices for services so they only got 100% of what they agreed to accept with the 35% now going to increase coverage for those who could not afford care before. No change in level or quality of care provided, no reduction in service of any kind, more people getting health care.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 21
Not to be nitpicky, but who brought him up? Just saying. You will have to scroll though some of the posts below to find this answer....
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 21

@Soosie wrote:
Why were the cuts to waste and fraud so objectionable to the right when they were done under Obama?.....................Good grief!! Can some of you take a laxative and get Obama out of your minds?

Not to be nitpicky, but who brought him up?  Just saying.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 21
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 21

The whine of the left on this subject is a tactic they use over and over.  It is a knee jerk they use as a scare tactic.  The sad thing is they get some votes this way.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 21

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/trump-said-he-wouldnt-cut-medicaid-social-security-and-medic...

Broken promise that will hurt so many.

The cuts are to waste and fraud. What part of that is objectionable to the left? Medicare services are not being cut. Social Security payments are not being cut.

Why were the cuts to waste and fraud so objectionable to the right when they were done under Obama?

Better addressed to mand who thinks his/her benefits are being cut.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22