WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "He Has a GUN!" - No, he didn't But he was killed anyway.

Message 81 of 87

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@OLDMEDwrote:

It is very simple that Blacks and others can't seem to understand. STOP, SHOW ME YOUR HANDS, STOP.  Police have about a tenth of a second to react and in the dark it is even harder.  More police officers are killed by Blacks, assinated,  some even from the back while sitting in their patrol car.  I learned a long time ago that the guy you don't to make mad is the guy with the gun.  Just plain simple.

Doubtful that any of these kibitzers here has ever had to make the split-second choice of whether to shoot or not. Obviously, most intelligent folks can see there was no "split-second" decision necessary.  Just like there wasn't in any of the video's below, or this one in Wichita.  Anyone who is too lazy to think it through can side with the police every time.....it's intellectually lazy.   I would really like to see them in a situation like that. 

They'd probably shoot first then ask questions later since none of them has had any tactical training. Maybe, but all these officers are supposed to be trained. But they've had plenty of experience of going after others verbally.  Just as you do attacking posters.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 87

@OLDMEDwrote:

It is very simple that Blacks and others can't seem to understand. STOP, SHOW ME YOUR HANDS, STOP.  Really?  They don't "understand"?  How do you know?  Did this WHITE guy "understand"?

Here's a guy who couldn't hear the police.  Now he's dead:

Maybe you think this "balck" deserved his beating.... He did everything the police told him to do....

Until more white Americans demand accountability and require all police to treat all Americans equitably, not much change will be made.

Police have about a tenth of a second to react Nope, not in most cases.....  and in the dark it is even harder.  Yes it is, it can be a dangerous job.  More police officers are killed by Blacks,  Can you prove that statement?  assinated, (sic) Can you prove that statement? some even from the back while sitting in their patrol car.  And whites have never perpetuated that crime.  Just last year in Iowa. a white dude "assassinated" two cops while they were sitting in their squad car.  Is it worth ignoring because the killing was perpetrated by a white?  How about the ambush by the  whites in Montana who killed a cop. Was that OK?  

I learned a long time ago that the guy you don't to make mad is the guy with the gun.  Just plain simple.  What about an iPhone?  Would you shoot him dead?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 87

@OLDMEDwrote:

It is very simple that Blacks and others can't seem to understand. STOP, SHOW ME YOUR HANDS, STOP.  Police have about a tenth of a second to react and in the dark it is even harder.  More police officers are killed by Blacks, assinated,  some even from the back while sitting in their patrol car.  I learned a long time ago that the guy you don't to make mad is the guy with the gun.  Just plain simple.

Doubtful that any of these kibitzers here has ever had to make the split-second choice of whether to shoot or not.  I would really like to see them in a situation like that. 

They'd probably shoot first then ask questions later since none of them has had any tactical training.   But they've had plenty of experience of going after others verbally.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 87

CrankyOne
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 87

@Richvawrote:

No problem. The victim was black and the shooters were all cops. See how easy solutions are if you have the RIGHT mindset?

Watch it Richva, you'll be erroneously labeled a "police hater" like a couple of us already have.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 87

No problem. The victim was black and the shooters were all cops. See how easy solutions are if you have the RIGHT mindset?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

"He Has a GUN!" - No, he Didn't, But he's Now Dead

Message 87 of 87

Sacramento police shot man holding cellphone in his grandmother's yard

Sacramento police officers shot and killed a black man in his grandmother's backyard because they believed he was pointing a gun at them, police said.

But investigators say they did not find a weapon at the scene, only a cellphone near the man's body.
The fatal shooting of Stephon Clark on Sunday night was recorded by two officers' body cameras and from a police helicopter; that footage was released Wednesday.

The videos show a brief encounter between police and Clark, lasting less than a minute, from the moment one of the officers spotted him in the driveway and yelled, "Hey, show me your hands. Stop. Stop."

In the dark, the two police officers chased Clark into the backyard of his grandmother's home.
"Show me your hands!" one of the officers yelled. "Gun, gun, gun."

Then police opened fire. Clark crumpled to the ground, momentarily tried to crawl before falling motionless as more shots erupted around him.

His death has caused outrage among residents who say the officers should be held accountable for his death. Police have said the officers fired only because they thought their lives were at stake.
As more police arrived at the scene, someone is heard asking "What did he have on him?"

An officer responded, "Like this, something in his hands. It looked like a gun from our perspective."

Minutes after the shooting, as more officers arrive on the scene, a voice is heard saying, "Hey, mute," and the audio on the body camera cuts off.

Clark's grandmother said she was inside the house when the shots were fired and saw him with an iPhone.

"He was right there dead. I told the officers, you guys are murderers, murderers, murderers," she told the Sacramento Bee.

Shouldn't police officers KNOW what a gun looks like?  Shouldn't they know what a crowbar looks like?  They should be SURE before taking someone's life.

Kudos
Views
Replies