Medicare open enrollment ends Dec. 7! Get the information you need from AARP’s Medicare resource center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

"Dark Mony" - the Movie

Message 1 of 1

Dark Money Movie.jpg

Dark Money is a 2018 documentary directed by filmmaker Kimberly Reed about the effects of corporate money and influence in the American political system. The film uses Reed's home state of Montana as a primary case study to advance a broader, national discussion on governance in an era of super PACs and Citizens United. 

Dark Money premiered at the 2018 Sundance Film Festival and premiered to a Montana audience at the Big Sky Film Festival in February 2018. The broadcast rights to Dark Money were purchased by PBS distribution to air the film as part of their docu-series, POV in 2018.

PBS is allowing anyone to watch it on the internet until October 31 (link below).

I watched it on my computer. Since I don't have a Wi-Fi connection, I wired it to my Smart TV and watched it on the big screen. It was pretty good. Informative, but was a little hard to follow at times (for me). But I think most people here will find it worth watching, especially since it's election time and we're being bombarded with all those campaign ads paid for by PACs.

You can watch "Dark Money" by clicking on this PBS link below. You may have to click "Watch Movie Now":

http://www.pbs.org/pov/darkmoney/video/darkmoney/

Here's the YouTube Trailer:

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements