AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "Climate change a health emergency"

Message 1 of 34
Sydney in Jan. hit an all time high of 118. Europe right now is in the midst of a pretty bad heat wave as well. I expect the US will be no different sometime this summer unfortunately.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 34
It r recently hit 115 and August is a month away.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 34
they are too busy being in denial John, sadly.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 34
I guess this means we should ignore the facts that the world's glaciers are shrinking, that Greenland and Antartica are getting smaller and that you can now take tour boats between Norway and Alaska using the Northwest and the Northeast Passages.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 34
https://www.iceagenow.info/snowing-in-bozeman-one-day-before-summer-video/

Snowing in Bozeman one day before summer – Video
June 23, 2019 by Robert
Snowfall was reported in the Bozeman, Montana, area on Thursday.

“Crazy weather,” says Q2 News.

Welcome Summer!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 34

Contrary to Global Warming Predictions, Great Lakes Water Levels Now at Record Highs

June 27th, 2019 by Roy W. Spencer, Ph. D.

It is a truism that any observed change in nature will be blamed by some experts on global warming (aka “climate change”, “climate crisis”, “climate emergency”).

When the Great Lakes water levels were unusually low from approximately 2000 through 2012 or so, this was pointed to as evidence that global warming was causing the Great Lakes to dry up.

Take for example this 2012 article from National Geographic, which was accompanied by this startling photo:

The accompanying text called this the “lake bottom”, as if Lake Michigan (which averages 279 feet deep) had somehow dried up.

Then in a matter of two years, low lake levels were replaced with high lake levels. The cause (analysis here) was a combination of unusually high precipitation (contrary to global warming theory) and an unusually cold winter that caused the lakes to mostly freeze over, reducing evaporation.

Now, as of this month (June, 2019), ALL of the Great Lakes have reached record high levels.

Time To Change The Story

So, how shall global warming alarmists explain this observational defiance of their predictions?

Simple! They just invoke “climate weirding”, and claim that the climate emergency has caused water levels to become more erratic, to see-saw, to become more variable!

The trouble is that there is that there is no good evidence in the last 100 years that this is happening. This plot of the four major lake systems (Huron and Michigan are at the same level, connected at the Straits of Mackinac) shows no increased variability since levels have been accurately monitored

(data from NOAA Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory):

This is just one more example of how unscientific many global warming claims have become. Both weather and climate are nonlinear dynamical systems, capable of producing changes without any ‘forcing’ from increasing CO2 or the Sun. Change is normal.

What is abnormal is blaming every change in nature we don’t like on human activities. That’s what happened in medieval times, when witches were blamed for storms, droughts, etc.

One would hope we progressed beyond that mentality.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 34

A serious heat wave has envolved Europe and esp. France. Part of southern France hit a record high of 114.

Weather temps. in France hit all time high.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 34

@mandm84 wrote:

Bringing Coal back is the answer according to President Trump ! You agree NOT

Do you think that bringing "back" the horse and buggy to replace those nasty CO2 spewing cars is OK?   I also don't think you have a problem or solution to ANY problem!

BTW mandm,  30.1% of YOUR electricity comes from coal.  Care to give up your electric for the cause?

https://toxmap.nlm.nih.gov/toxmap/faq/2009/08/how-much-of-the-us-electricity-generation-is-attribute...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 34

Bringing Coal back is the answer according to President Trump ! You agree NOT ?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 34

@jimc91 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
whats clear is there is going to be a lot more human misery as a result of climate change.

You will suffer less misery if you accept what you cannot change.

You are so right about that!  I learned long ago the valuable lesson of prioritizing my life.  

There are many problems we experience during our short life on the earth.  Most of those problems fall into two categories, problems we can do something about and others that we have absolutely no control over.  

My life experience has taught me to focus on the ones you can do something about and let the ones you have no control over work themselves out...  I am usually OK with the outcome.

Smile more today and don't forget to smell the flowers along the way.  Family is incredibly important!  Life is what you make of it!

I see that all the time.  Liberals have a way of seeing the glass as "not too full" so they want to fix it.  Most things fix themselves after some time. This topic (Climate Change) is obviously one of those things you can get very excited about but you cannot change.  I worry more about the grass growing too high than the climate change.

A good friend told me (a long time ago) that I should categorize those things that I have no way of changing and the ones that I could change and only worry about the ones that I could actually change. I try to do that (sometimes not too successfully) my whole life.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22