Regular Social Butterfly

"Black Lives Matter" is Ambiguous

because it doesn't specify whether BL matters in a good or bad way.  Somebody, not I, took advantage of this stupid ambiguity in an article with a fake byline.  See:

https://www.facebook.com/todd.wood.35/posts/10220976933885613

Can you spot the grossly inaccurate statistics?  I see two.

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

• Black lives matter. 
  • Black lives DO matter.
  • Black lives should matter.
  • When you are watching people who look like you talk about "mud people", remember that the lives of black people matter.
  • When you realize that the odds of a person of color being stopped by police with no probable cause are greater than of a white person being stopped for no probable cause, keep in mind that Black Lives Matter. 
  • If Black Lives do not matter, how can All Lives Matter?

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:
  • Black lives matter. 
  • Black lives DO matter.
  • When you are watching people who look like you talk about "mud people", remember that the lives of black people matter.
  • When you realize that the odds of a person of color being stopped by police with no probable cause are greater than of a white person being stopped for no probable cause, keep in mind that Black Lives Matter. 

What are you talking about "mud people?"  I recall that the old Flash Gordon series had Clay People.  I never heard anyone say "Black Lives do not matter" and that includes racists.  You may as well yell "bananas are yellow" a million times because it is just as relevant.

I don't want an Army of fools who chant inarticulate catch phrases running our government.  And, another inarticulate catch phrase is "defund police".  Then these fools profit from their mistakes (being inarticulate) because the liberal news media gives them undeserved press time by repeatedly asking "What does that mean?".   And, everyone they ask gives a different explanation!!!  And don't forget "silence is violence."  Nuts!  Nuts!  Nuts! 

It's difficult for rational people to empathize with people who belong in an insane asylum.  Yet, the liberals go "Wah! Wah! Wah! You have no empathy."  But, it is easy for rational people to be afraid of people who belong in an insane asylum.  And I do have empathy for those rational people because I am one of them.

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Richva wrote:
  • Black lives matter. 
  • Black lives DO matter.

What are you talking about "mud people?"  I recall that the old Flash Gordon series had Clay People.  I never heard anyone say "Black Lives do not matter" and that includes racists.  You may as well yell "bananas are yellow" a million times because it is just as relevant.

I don't want an Army of fools who chant inarticulate catch phrases running our government.  And, another inarticulate catch phrase is "defund police".  Then these fools profit from their mistakes (being inarticulate) because the liberal news media gives them undeserved press time by repeatedly asking "What does that mean?".   And, everyone they ask gives a different explanation!!!  And don't forget "silence is violence."  Nuts!  Nuts!  Nuts! 

It's difficult for rational people to empathize with people who belong in an insane asylum.  Yet, the liberals go "Wah! Wah! Wah! You have no empathy."  But, it is easy for rational people to be afraid of people who belong in an insane asylum.  And I do have empathy for those rational people because I am one of them.

Definition of Mud People

We seem to have a fool running our government now and you are not upset. 

The cry black lives matter is no less a rational statement than "drain the swamp".  The difference is that the BLM movement actually are attempting to improve and save the lives of Blacks in America where the people screaming DTS are completely comfortable stopping at the occasional bumper sticker. 

Regular Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Richva wrote:
  • Black lives matter. 
  • Black lives DO matter.

Definition of Mud People

We seem to have a fool running our government now and you are not upset. 

The cry black lives matter is no less a rational statement than "drain the swamp".  The difference is that the BLM movement actually are attempting to improve and save the lives of Blacks in America where the people screaming DTS are completely comfortable stopping at the occasional bumper sticker. 

"Mud people" is not in any reputable English dictionary therefore you are not speaking English.

I never paid any attention to "Drain the Swamp" and I don' t recall seeing signs saying that nor anyone asking "What does that mean?".  

Regardless of whatever BLM is attempting, it is not only inarticulate but also generally incompetent because BLM lacks coherent constructive criticism.  BLM labors under the delusion that, if government officials cared enough, they would solve the problem.  That is just as ridiculous as believing that, if a dog wanted to solve the theory of relativity hard enough, it would.  So, instead of electing government officials on the bases of competence, they elect politicians on the basis of expressed empathy, e.g., "I feel your pain".  And we all know liberals wear their hearts on their sleeves.  Therefore BLM problems are self inflicted.

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Geez you guys still have problems electing people like this:

She called Muslims "savages" and Islam a "cancer" and GOP just nominated her. 

True co

True colors shining through again. OOOps!!

Honored Social Butterfly

If you want people to respect "black lives matter", then you better start by saying "all lives matter" black, white , blue (police).  Black lives matter means to me, that white lives DON'T matter so I'll never agree to the terminology that "black lives matter".

Honored Social Butterfly

Ambiguous:

Open to more than one interpretation; having a double meaning.
"ambiguous phrases". Unclear or inexact because a choice between alternatives has not been made.

Please note the definition does NOT include reference to "dog whistles" the Regressives use to disguise their racism by trying to blame anti-racists.

There is nothing "open to interpretation" - the only alternative to accepting the fact "Black Lives Matter" is to deny black lives matter, which is what the Republican Base has done.

It is absurd to pretend you can change the meaning to be somehow other lives do NOT matter - no such usage of the English language exists. Only inside the Republibubble of Fox and InfoWars can you find anyone who disagrees.

As a useful proof, your attention is invited to the WORLD WIDE demonstrations supporting BLACK LIVES MATTER. Is it possible those millions of people marched to declare "White Lives Do NOT Matter?" If you think its possible, why no signs indicating that ridiculous notion might be true?

Regular Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Ambiguous:

Open to more than one interpretation; having a double meaning.
"ambiguous phrases". Unclear or inexact because a choice between alternatives has not been made.

Please note the definition does NOT include reference to "dog whistles" the Regressives use to disguise their racism by trying to blame anti-racists.

There is nothing "open to interpretation" - the only alternative to accepting the fact "Black Lives Matter" is to deny black lives matter, which is what the Republican Base has done.

It is absurd to pretend you can change the meaning to be somehow other lives do NOT matter - no such usage of the English language exists. Only inside the Republibubble of Fox and InfoWars can you find anyone who disagrees.

As a useful proof, your attention is invited to the WORLD WIDE demonstrations supporting BLACK LIVES MATTER. Is it possible those millions of people marched to declare "White Lives Do NOT Matter?" If you think its possible, why no signs indicating that ridiculous notion might be true?

Liberals deny that common mistakes are common therefore they falsely believe that popularity proves right and unpopularity proves wrong.

"White lives are invaluable" is unambiguous, articulate and accurate.

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Now Goodyear (tires) is telling their employees not to wear MAGA hats or clothes but LGBTQ and BLM clothes are ok.  Time to never buy Goodyear tires!

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Now Goodyear (tires) is telling their employees not to wear MAGA hats or clothes but LGBTQ and BLM clothes are ok.  Time to never buy Goodyear tires!

Goodyear denies it.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/08/19/goodyear-forbid-maga-gear/

Elsewhere, Oldscout666 unintentionally pointed out that "BLM" is a dog whistle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog-whistle_(politics)

If you do a Google search, it appears only "All lives matter" is a dog whistle.  Both are ambiguous.

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

No comment on the statistics in that fake article?

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

@aruzinsky wrote:

No comment on the statistics in that fake article?

"$20,000" should be $1,669 and "76%" should be 22%.  Do you want me to prove it?

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

BLM is only "ambiguous" to Republicans who resent the fact it has caused a huge surge in anti-racist sentiment across the nation and around the World, which threatens the bulwark of the Republican Party - The Southern Strategy" aka pandering to racists, bigots, the Nazis, kkk and White Supremacists and the mentally unstable.

Regular Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

BLM is only "ambiguous" to Republicans who resent the fact it has caused a huge surge in anti-racist sentiment across the nation and around the World, which threatens the bulwark of the Republican Party - The Southern Strategy" aka pandering to racists, bigots, the Nazis, kkk and White Supremacists and the mentally unstable.

BLM is only unambiguous to Democrats who resent the fact it has caused a huge surge in racist sentiment across the nation and around the World, which threatens the bulwark of the Democrat Party - Marxist Strategy" aka pandering to antifa, communists and Blacks and the mentally unstable.

You are getting sleepy.
Honored Social Butterfly

The term "black lives matter" is not ambiguous. 

Regular Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

The term "black lives matter" is not ambiguous. 

The writer of the fake article, not I, agrees with you. The last sentence says, "Yes, Black lives DO matter."

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png