Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: "And Then the Breitbart Lynch Mob Came for Me" By Rosa Brooks. February 8, 2017

Message 1 of 4

I doubt there will be a lot of discussion about this article, but if some of donalds supporters will only come and attack the person who wrote the article - that is what they do.   

People should book mark this article - we will see this same scenario played out time and again as long as the Republicans hide in the shadows afraid to stand up to the bullies that are now 'calling the shots in DC".  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: "And Then the Breitbart Lynch Mob Came for Me" By Rosa Brooks. February 8, 2017

Message 2 of 4

First of all …we were just starting to come together. With a world such as ours, it takes TIME and diplomacy. There is a REASON for Diplomacy ...Patience, and Tack goes a very long way. Words matter…and when dealing with Dictators of other countries, with the nuclear capability to start World War III …we have to be Very … very Careful.

We have fought all our lives for independence … 'Freedom' to be who we are and live together …and then there are so many ....giving their lives to overcome Historical Tyranny.

They say they need three thousand or more troops in Afghanistan …will it be your Son or Daughter?

In 2008 there were few regulations to prevent the Historical Ponzi scheme that crippled the World. The Billionaires took their money, and there was little the courts could do about it. Banks got their bailout before the new administration took over …it was a done deal.

For eight years the new administration fought for regulations that would NEVER let anything like that ever happen again. Now, regulations are being nullified so that the banks can do it to us ...all ...over ...Again. How quickly we forget. New Tech has a way of influencing us that way.

Complicated issues take TIME to figure out. Why Rush into a War that affects Billions of people around the Globe? Like it or not, we are a Global Alliance. That will never change now. When cars came along, horses were out of work. Cannot stop progress, no matter how hard they tried!

We trade …we buy …we vacation …we learn from …you get the picture? Why would War be better than trying to keep the peace and figure things out (no matter how long that that takes???) This is not a business deal that we have to make happen NOW. Actions affect all people around the world. There is an inevitable ...a domino effect. Things like this take TIME!!! Why be a Bully and want everything "Right NOW!!!… Real life just doesn’t work that way... Sorry. When so obviously your actions are causing Meanness …Hate …Separation and Mistrust?? While we are being divided from friends and loved ones, with a world in chaos …what the hell is wrong with this picture?? "It’s like fricking road rage!!"Certainly Hitler was a leftist, but his world order was Totalitarian …a far cry from what Democrats stand for today. Now we face a Joseph Stalin, and the re-start of the Cold War. No …history does not seem to teach us anything.

Fakes News and dishonest journalism? Tell that to James Foleys family.......... "We have never been prouder of our son Jim," Foley's mother posted on Facebook on Tuesday evening after the graphic visions of their son. "He gave his life trying to expose the world to the suffering of the Syrian people." Tell me this is fake news ...I Defy You! Is it worth all your anger to put your children and grandchildren in jeopardy? I ask them now …"Why, is this so hard to understand?

The clouds of racism were slowly fading away. But not now ...now we regress. We start over again … IF we survive…

My hope is that we can be Smarter than this. Can we all just research and learn, or is that just too **bleep** Hard??? ….Our lives, our families, and our Planet ... depend on it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

"And Then the Breitbart Lynch Mob Came for Me" By Rosa Brooks. February 8, 2017

Message 4 of 4

This article was brought to my attention today.  This is from a law professor at Georgetown University, senior fellow-New America/Arizona State University Future of War Project, counselor from 2009-2011 to US defense undersecretary for policy, former senior advisor US State Department.  I do not have a website, but twitter is Brooks, rosa. 

Kudos
Views
Replies