Reply
Silver Conversationalist

props to Trump: "Trump Scrapped Iran Strikes Because They Weren't 'Proportionate'"

Headline at Bloomberg. "Trump Scrapped Iran Strikes Because They Weren't 'Proportionate'"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-21/trump-approved-air-strikes-on-iran-then-pulled-ba...

Well, good job this time around. Apparently strikes were urged (no surprise) by Bolton.

 

The article makes an interesting point, says Iran says "the drone had been accompanied by a manned U.S. spy plane that Iranian forces decided not to target." Props to them too.

Honored Social Butterfly

Headline at Bloomberg. "Trump Scrapped Iran Strikes Because They Weren't 'Proportionate'"

]

 

If the truth is known, probably the Joint Chiefs of Staff told him he would be releasing the Kraken if he started a war with Iran, and aides reminded him it would be bye bye to any chance of reelection. It's absurd to believe no one mentioned civilian casualties up front and in the beginning of a plan to strike.

Honored Social Butterfly


@Panjandrum wrote:

Headline at Bloomberg. "Trump Scrapped Iran Strikes Because They Weren't 'Proportionate'"

]

 

If the truth is known, probably the Joint Chiefs of Staff told him he would be releasing the Kraken if he started a war with Iran, and aides reminded him it would be bye bye to any chance of reelection. It's absurd to believe no one mentioned civilian casualties up front and in the beginning of a plan to strike.


Aides reported that Tucker Carlson of Fox news told Trump that his advisers did not have his best interests at heard and that if it led to a war with Iran, he could "kiss his chances of reelection goodbye".  Again, we have the media making the president's decisions. (In addition to the flip flopping)

Honored Social Butterfly

Let’s see...would anyone be surprised if trump has ramped this up so that he can now try to make an agreement with Iran,

similar to the one he pulled out of? Then

he can claim that he is the great deal maker, and wipe out another Obama deal!

Similar to the NAFTA agreement which he renamed, with very minor changes, and then took credit for being a great deal maker...and has the new agreement even been approved?

He is consistent about relabeling and rebranding...but that doesn’t say much for substance or progress! Does say something about bamboozelry!

Esteemed Social Butterfly


@williamb39198 wrote:

Let’s see...would anyone be surprised if trump has ramped this up so that he can now try to make an agreement with Iran,

similar to the one he pulled out of? Then

he can claim that he is the great deal maker, and wipe out another Obama deal!

Similar to the NAFTA agreement which he renamed, with very minor changes, and then took credit for being a great deal maker...and has the new agreement even been approved?

He is consistent about relabeling and rebranding...but that doesn’t say much for substance or progress! Does say something about bamboozelry!


As we speak, Trump extended an olive branch to “start all over” with nuclear talks  yesterday to Iran..

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch 

For sure! And I just heard trump being interviewed...of which he stated that we must prevent Iran from producing nuclear weapons...What!!!

trump is the crackpot that he appears to be! That was what the agreement with Iran was already doing that he pulled out of!

Just another example of him creating chaos and confusion, so that he can then look like the great deal maker to his base...which he is not...great liar, yes!

Honored Social Butterfly

MsStretch poted..

Of course, it's a Trump con job. "Look at me, I'm the big hero. I saved lives." Tell that to the lawyers who recently found 5 toddlers close to death in the camps on the border. Or the ones who have died. Or the ones who are denied soap, water, and toothbrushes. "Not our job. Go home to your miserable corrupt poverty-stricken homes and don't bring that crap here. Don't impinge on our really great economy and low unemployment." What a hypocrite.

=================================================================

You do not understand what is going on at our southern border and why...no, you just have to blame Trump.

Esteemed Social Butterfly


@KidBoy2 wrote:
MsStretch poted..

Of course, it's a Trump con job. "Look at me, I'm the big hero. I saved lives." Tell that to the lawyers who recently found 5 toddlers close to death in the camps on the border. Or the ones who have died. Or the ones who are denied soap, water, and toothbrushes. "Not our job. Go home to your miserable corrupt poverty-stricken homes and don't bring that crap here. Don't impinge on our really great economy and low unemployment." What a hypocrite.

=================================================================

You do not understand what is going on at our southern border and why...no, you just have to blame Trump.


Can't think of anyone better.

 

So, I'll bite.  What IS going on at our southern border and why?  Enlighten me.

Honored Social Butterfly

MsStretch posted..

Of course, it's a Trump con job. "Look at me, I'm the big hero. I saved lives." Tell that to the lawyers who recently found 5 toddlers close to death in the camps on the border. Or the ones who have died. Or the ones who are denied soap, water, and toothbrushes. "Not our job. Go home to your miserable corrupt poverty-stricken homes and don't bring that crap here. Don't impinge on our really great economy and low unemployment." What a hypocrite.

=================================================================

You do not understand what is going on at our southern border and why...no, you just have to blame Trump.

"Trump Scrapped Iran Strikes Because They Weren't 'Proportionate'" That is the topic but you just had to try to make it about the crisis at our southern border...that is telling but SOP form your posts.

BTW ...When illegals cross our boarders with children close to death with things like pneumonia there will be some that die .... children in our small city died this winter from pneumonia ....sad but true.




0 Kudos
1,348 Views
1
Report
Esteemed Social Butterfly


@KidBoy2 wrote:
MsStretch posted..

Of course, it's a Trump con job. "Look at me, I'm the big hero. I saved lives." Tell that to the lawyers who recently found 5 toddlers close to death in the camps on the border. Or the ones who have died. Or the ones who are denied soap, water, and toothbrushes. "Not our job. Go home to your miserable corrupt poverty-stricken homes and don't bring that crap here. Don't impinge on our really great economy and low unemployment." What a hypocrite.

=================================================================

You do not understand what is going on at our southern border and why...no, you just have to blame Trump.

"Trump Scrapped Iran Strikes Because They Weren't 'Proportionate'" That is the topic but you just had to try to make it about the crisis at our southern border...that is telling but SOP form your posts.

BTW ...When illegals cross our boarders with children close to death with things like pneumonia there will be some that die .... children in our small city died this winter from pneumonia ....sad but true.





Huh?  Perhaps you should follow your own advice.  You are the one who keeps bringing it up. (Witness your last comment.)

 

But that's OK, because Trump did the same thing -- deflected from Iran by anouncing the ICE raids and then canceling them at the eleventh hour.  Sound like familiar strategy?

0 Kudos
1,306 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@MsStretch wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
MsStretch poted..

Of course, it's a Trump con job. "Look at me, I'm the big hero. I saved lives." Tell that to the lawyers who recently found 5 toddlers close to death in the camps on the border. Or the ones who have died. Or the ones who are denied soap, water, and toothbrushes. "Not our job. Go home to your miserable corrupt poverty-stricken homes and don't bring that crap here. Don't impinge on our really great economy and low unemployment." What a hypocrite.

=================================================================

You do not understand what is going on at our southern border and why...no, you just have to blame Trump.


Can't think of anyone better.

 

So, I'll bite.  What IS going on at our southern border and why?  Enlighten me.


Well, I just live here so all I can tell you is what I see with my "lyin' eyes" but we are seeing closed drug checkpoints because Trump did not send or hire enough staff.  We are seeing prisons reopened in New Mexico because Trump did not hire (appoint) enough judges to clear the cases.  We are having to set up shelters for people with places to go in the interior and sponsors who will pay their air or bus fares because Trump could not organize a travel department. We are watching the coyotes drop their customers off at the border because Trump changed the rules so they no longer have to get them to their destinations in the interior. We are seeing spikes in asylum seekers because Trump cut back on the funds that were holding the lid on in their home countries. 

 

I just don't understand how anyone can support this moron. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Will Trump be nominating terrorists for the Nobel Peace Prize the next time they decline to follow through with a threat to kill hostages?  

 

Seems like that would be consistent with his logic. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump could not care less about 150 Iranian deaths. Trump's purported concern is all a ploy ..... another Trump con job!

Recall that Trump didn't care about 32 MILLION AMERICANS when he and his Republican bandits attempted to take away their health care.  And now he wants us to believe his concern for 150 Iranian lives? ...... No Donald, most Americans are well aware of your cons!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Esteemed Social Butterfly


@myexper wrote:

Trump could not care less about 150 Iranian deaths. Trump's purported concern is all a ploy ..... another Trump con job!

Recall that Trump didn't care about 32 MILLION AMERICANS when he and his Republican bandits attempted to take away their health care.  And now he wants us to believe his concern for 150 Iranian lives? ...... No Donald, most Americans are well aware of your cons!


Of course, it's a Trump con job.  "Look at me,  I'm the big hero.  I saved lives."  Tell that to the lawyers who recently found 5 toddlers close to death in the camps on the border.  Or the ones who have died.  Or the ones who are denied soap, water, and toothbrushes.  "Not our job.  Go home to your miserable corrupt poverty-stricken homes and don't bring that crap here.  Don't impinge on our really great economy and low unemployment."  What a hypocrite.

Honored Social Butterfly


@MsStretch wrote:

@myexper wrote:

Trump could not care less about 150 Iranian deaths. Trump's purported concern is all a ploy ..... another Trump con job!

Recall that Trump didn't care about 32 MILLION AMERICANS when he and his Republican bandits attempted to take away their health care.  And now he wants us to believe his concern for 150 Iranian lives? ...... No Donald, most Americans are well aware of your cons!


Of course, it's a Trump con job.  "Look at me,  I'm the big hero.  I saved lives."  Tell that to the lawyers who recently found 5 toddlers close to death in the camps on the border.  Or the ones who have died.  Or the ones who are denied soap, water, and toothbrushes.  "Not our job.  Go home to your miserable corrupt poverty-stricken homes and don't bring that crap here.  Don't impinge on our really great economy and low unemployment."  What a hypocrite.


You seem so upset that the President didn't kill 150 Iranians that you rant on about free healthcare and open borders and resort to the "toddlers on the border" game - if you want to lay blame -remember those toddlers did not toddle on their own over the border.. You really must hate Iranians - why is that???

Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@MsStretch wrote:

@myexper wrote:

Trump could not care less about 150 Iranian deaths. Trump's purported concern is all a ploy ..... another Trump con job!

Recall that Trump didn't care about 32 MILLION AMERICANS when he and his Republican bandits attempted to take away their health care.  And now he wants us to believe his concern for 150 Iranian lives? ...... No Donald, most Americans are well aware of your cons!


Of course, it's a Trump con job.  "Look at me,  I'm the big hero.  I saved lives."  Tell that to the lawyers who recently found 5 toddlers close to death in the camps on the border.  Or the ones who have died.  Or the ones who are denied soap, water, and toothbrushes.  "Not our job.  Go home to your miserable corrupt poverty-stricken homes and don't bring that crap here.  Don't impinge on our really great economy and low unemployment."  What a hypocrite.


You seem so upset that the President didn't kill 150 Iranians that you rant on about free healthcare and open borders and resort to the "toddlers on the border" game - if you want to lay blame -remember those toddlers did not toddle on their own over the border.. You really must hate Iranians - why is that???


And another straw man argument rk ..... NOBODY stated ANYTHING regarding "hatred of Iranians".

And what posters are actually "so upset" about is the fact that Trump's concern for Iranian lives was all phony .... just a ploy by him in an attempt to gain unwarranted recognition .... I.E. :  ANOTHER TRUMP CON JOB!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

You seem so upset that the President didn't kill 150 Iranians that you rant on about free healthcare and open borders and resort to the "toddlers on the border" game - if you want to lay blame -remember those toddlers did not toddle on their own over the border.. You really must hate Iranians - why is that???


Trump's situation is much like that of a cornered bank robber who has taken 150 hostages, threatens to kill them, then lets the deadlines pass without doing so. Yes, we are all happy he did not follow through with his threat to kill 150 people. However,  nobody is going to nominate him for the Nobel Peace Prize because he did not follow through.  That is just  his style. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Here is some info for all. We saw people on TV this evening who have been part of presenting military options to the President explain how it works. They told us there can be a number of options presented, or just one depending on the situation. In all options the number of expected casualties possible will be listed. Ours, theirs, military, civilian. The person or group that put the plan has to sign off on that info. before the President sees it. That tells all of us Trump lied again because he said he got that info. after the option was approved by him. Trump will never change, and does it not make all feel safer knowing what a nut we have making war and peace decisions for us. Thanks far right.

Honored Social Butterfly

The only people who are unaware of the real trump are his base. They seem to like the way that trump mistreats people and that he does not care about people. 

That is such a deranged aspect of trump supporters...the enjoyment of pain and abuse inflicted on those who are less fortunate. A very cruel group!

Super Contributor

Good afternoon to all- 

You accuse me of not being objective?  How objective does one have to be when the individual involved makes one of his "tweets" to brag about how close we came to striking another country?

 And the term "tweet" seems so very appropriate when applied to the individual involved.

Everything he ever said seems to fit the term "tweet" perfectly.

 

The individual involved deserves nothing but disdain and disgust.

 

good day to all- Ed

Honored Social Butterfly


@EdM965653 wrote:

 

 

The individual involved deserves nothing but disdain and disgust.

 

good day to all- Ed

 

Yes, he did disappoint many - those who would be willing to accept the 150 deaths in exchange for one more thing to attack the President over. - talk about disgusting.


 

Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@EdM965653 wrote:

 

 

The individual involved deserves nothing but disdain and disgust.

 

good day to all- Ed

 

Yes, he did disappoint many - those who would be willing to accept the 150 deaths in exchange for one more thing to attack the President over. - talk about disgusting.


 


 

Why yes, I'm thoroughly disgusted by tRump...

 

tRump is a "bonespur" lifelong coward who blames others for his shortcomings.

 

tRump is a life long liar and a deadbeat crook who hasn't properly paid what he owes.

 

tRump is a serial adulterer - and most likely a serial rapist - an admirable person according to pseudo-christian evangelicals - fake christians for sure.

 

tRump has always been ethically and morally bankrupt - unfit for office.

 

While you may like and respect him - the world disrespects him and makes jokes about him both behind his back and mocks him to his face - as the Queen of England did when she gave a book by Churchill to a man whose reading skills are easily surpassed by the average fifth grade child.

 

Yup - that puts us on opposite sides of the political divide...

 

 

 

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@EdM965653 wrote:

 

 

The individual involved deserves nothing but disdain and disgust.

 

good day to all- Ed

 

Yes, he did disappoint many - those who would be willing to accept the 150 deaths in exchange for one more thing to attack the President over. - talk about disgusting.


 


More likely Putin called at the last minute with instructions.  Trump knew about the 150 deaths days before according to his aides. 

Honored Social Butterfly

EdM965653 posted..


Good afternoon to all-

You accuse me of not being objective? How objective does one have to be when the individual involved makes one of his "tweets" to brag about how close we came to striking another country?

And the term "tweet" seems so very appropriate when applied to the individual involved.

Everything he ever said seems to fit the term "tweet" perfectly.



The individual involved deserves nothing but disdain and disgust.


==========================================================

ob·jec·tive


(of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.
"historians try to be objective and impartial"
synonyms: impartial, unbiased, unprejudiced, nonpartisan, disinterested, nondiscriminatory, neutral, uninvolved, even-handed, equitable, fair, fair-minded, just, open-minded, dispassionate, detached, impersonal, unemotional, clinical
"an interviewer must try to be objective"

You, sir show you are not objective. I am....I hate what Trump says about others and the fact that he thinks he is always correct. I also see the economy, the fact that when he meets with world leaders he sticks up for our country, the fact he is trying to fix the crisis at our southern border, and many other things. You sir are stuck on your hate of Trump...for that you should fit in well on this board as most posters are Trump haters.

Have a good day.

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 

If one is truly objective and truthful, they would understand that to oppose trump is not an act of hate or being hateful. 

It’s also interesting when the search for the truth, or speaking the truth is deemed to be hateful. 

Try trump opponents instead!

Super Contributor

Good morning to all-

The fact that such an individual as tRump has control of the most powerful asenal and range of weapons in the history of the world ought to chill any rational person to the bone.

tRump is incapable of seeing the facts of any situation and then formulating a logical, cogent response. He is profoundly ignorant, and he is not terribly bright, either.

 

I do hope that some offical last night, perhaps figuatively if not actually, slapped tRump in the face and told him to not be a fool- and a fool who has the lives of so many people in his unworthy hands- and to back off from this stupid idea.

 

If bolton pushed this attack, he should be slapped in the face also- and then kicked out of the door.

 

good day to all- Ed 

Honored Social Butterfly

EdM965653

tRump is incapable of seeing the facts of any situation and then formulating a logical, cogent response. He is profoundly ignorant, and he is not terribly bright, either.

===============================================================

That is your opinion and when you call our President tRump it tells a lot about your ability to be objective.

FYI Trump has many military advisers that just might know more than you do.

Social Butterfly


@KidBoy2 wrote:


FYI Trump has many military advisers that just might know more than you do.


I'm sure he does -- I'm just not sure he listens to them.

Bronze Conversationalist

It is a struggle to be objective about Trump.
Sir Granny Tracy
Honored Social Butterfly


@KidBoy2 wrote:
EdM965653

tRump is incapable of seeing the facts of any situation and then formulating a logical, cogent response. He is profoundly ignorant, and he is not terribly bright, either.

===============================================================

That is your opinion and when you call our President tRump it tells a lot about your ability to be objective.

FYI Trump has many military advisers that just might know more than you do.


trump supporters believing all of trump's lies and never criticizing anything he says or does says a lot out their ability to be objective.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png